Got busted at the Forks for a loud bike!! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got busted at the Forks for a loud bike!!

Thanks for the info. I'm from Erin, small town next door to the the forks, sometime I ride that way home from work. I don't mind the noise, what I do mind is the OPP allowing tractor trailers to speed though town, but pull bikes over for doing 5 over. What's worse a loud bike doing 55 or a truck doing 80. Watch out around here OPP don't like bikes.

Thanks for the info. I'm from Erin, small town next door to the the forks, sometime I ride that way home from work. I don't mind the noise, what I do mind is the OPP allowing tractor trailers to speed though town, but pull bikes over for doing 5 over. What's worse a loud bike doing 55 or a truck doing 80. Watch out around here OPP don't like bikes.

I watched a cop on saturday sitting across from valu mart sit there while three rigs flew past, then two mins later he pulled over a truck that was barely moving. ****** me right off. The opp here are pathetic. That said I don't ride through forks on a weekend because of them.

Call your bluff by making you move the bike off to one side and wait for a tow, that would cost you a couple of hundred dollars?

Why? They don't do road side sound level testing on the side of the road.. they do them in empty parking lots. Just push your bike out of the way and walk away... Come back later when the cops are gone... OR call a buddy with a pick up truck to come and get your bike. Cost = a 12 pack.

Why? They don't do road side sound level testing on the side of the road.. they do them in empty parking lots. Just push your bike out of the way and walk away... Come back later when the cops are gone... OR call a buddy with a pick up truck to come and get your bike. Cost = a 12 pack.

Sure, if you've got a few hours to waste. Not an issue if you keep it stock.

Or not ride around with an obnoxious sounding bike. I know, insane concept :rolleyes:

Can the cops issue a summons (probably wrong term) similar to when they aren't sure about the mechanical fitness? Basically you have x days to present your vehicle to an authorized inspection location for review otherwise they will pull your plates.

Can the cops issue a summons (probably wrong term) similar to when they aren't sure about the mechanical fitness? Basically you have x days to present your vehicle to an authorized inspection location for review otherwise they will pull your plates.

I don't think so as it's just a bylaw.

I remember hearing about cops doing this in Mississauga a few years back with anything lowered. Never happened to me personally but apparently you had to bring the vehicle to them immediately while a mto tech checked it out. Any infractions led to tickets or impound. Same should go for bikes no?

Sent from my piss poor iPhone while sitting on my squidly gixxxxxxxxer sippin on kool aid

I usualy ride with a couple Duc owners. One is an 1199 Pan and the other is the 848 I think. Both are way louder than my 600RR with the Yosh RS-5 Carbon can. The 898 is running a hollow muffler and the 1199 is bone stock. I can't hear m bike run beside the 1199 let alone the 898.

I agree that loud pipes become annoying to the residents after some time and I agree there should be enforced limits. I never rode my Boulevard down there as it was too loud and I knew it.

I remember hearing about cops doing this in Mississauga a few years back with anything lowered. Never happened to me personally but apparently you had to bring the vehicle to them immediately while a mto tech checked it out. Any infractions led to tickets or impound. Same should go for bikes no?

Sent from my piss poor iPhone while sitting on my squidly gixxxxxxxxer sippin on kool aid

Happened to me in Brampton about 13 years ago. Got pulled over and the cop gave me a "ticket" to go down to the GO station for inspection.

Another time in Georgetown but it was because I was driving a POS and the cops aid it was either a speeding ticket or inspection. I had about 5 days for that one and of course I failed. I had to get a safety to get it back on the road.

While I side with the cops often, they don't have any mechanical skills at all. Their whole logic of lowered vehicles aren't safe is just stupid. They want to go after the stupid teenaged kids with cut springs and fart cans on their $500 civic then be my guest. Giving those of us a hard time with actual nice cars is just ridiculous. Yet drive a muscle car with a big block that blocks your view while driving and it's cool. :rolleyes:

Same used to go with bikes but enough people messed that up too. Thank the harley loud pipes saves lives bs crowd. Same idea

I used to coast my bike the last quarter mile home, mostly for fun, but i stopped after the second near collision after someone backed out of their driveway. Loud pipes do save lives, motorcycles that you can't hear might as well be invisible. I try my best to not bother anyone though, within reason. Nobody has more right to make noise then me anyway, living by a heli port and train tracks. The helis have the loudest old 1960s design rotors possible, the trains have old blown out mufflers, and the dump trucks smashing over the crappy old disrepair train tracks shakes my house so bad when the ground is frozen my ceilings are all cracked. I don't complain, its my responsibility for living where i do.

I know fighting for personal responsibility is a loosing battle. Every day people become more dependent, more whiny, more castrated. Every day the masses of zombies grow. Every day the police state grows. Everyday the burden grows.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom