MacDoc's PA road rage event | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MacDoc's PA road rage event

You must bring out the worst in people :D Just kidding bro!!!! I personally think he is the exception not the rule , ive encountered nothing but helpful peeps there and hope this vid doesn't deter anyone from traveling to PA ....... just sayin

I agree - people are very friendly and this guy had a bad day or something tho there are some scary libby denizens dwelling in the hills there....my tow driver was one.....

I'm about as threatening as

518.1L.jpg

my only gripe with riding in the US is
a) food
b) lack of good coffee

This is one seriously retarded individual.
cliffyk said:
Not to justify the A-Hole's performance. However I live on a very pleasant drive, the east boundary of our older residential neighborhood, that meanders along the Intracoastal Waterway for 6 miles. The speed limit is 25 mph for the whole 6 miles.

Twice a year, in the spring during Bike Week and then again during Biketoberfest, we get hundreds of bikes riding through. The guys on the cruisers are generally well behaved though noisy as heck at times; however most the crotch rocket riders make me wish I had a cache of LAWS rockets.

They blast by at 60+ mph, two or three abreast, pulling wheelies in the straights, with complete disregard for anything except their own rice-fueled dreams of being Speed-Racer. I told my wife that I was going to string a pop-up steel cable across the road.

You had mentioned that the area is one frequented by bikes, this guy may have just been pushed beyond that edge we all have...

Maybe cliffyk is making excuses for a like minded individual????

MacDoc, you did the right thing....

Last edited:
That couldn't have been PA, he wasn't in a pickup truck.

You should try driving a transport in the city, at least twice a week i see someone exploding in their car because i changed lanes, after signalling for a kilometer, and then pulling a wheel over the line, and then slowly pulling over. A lot of people live with insane amounts of self imposed stress (even in the absence of stress) and at the slightest tap of the horn are ready to go off. I had someone just today screaming out his window because when he came around a blind corner my loaded 5 axel was slowly pulling out into the road. Some peoples children...

LMAO that guy in the video looks like the pillsbury dough boy in training with the headband and all.My last trip down to PA I passed some billybob in a pickup as I passed he swerved slightly so the riders with me did the right thing and hung back so he is apparently raging and trying to catch up to me, I drove him nutso he would get close then I would blast ahead he had no chance fishtailing around two corners almost hitting the guard rails.I wasn't even aware he was raging just thought he was trying to keep up until he apparently give up and turned off as I was told by my fellow riders.

Btw in the vid why wouldn't your son even make an attempt to stand up for you? My son who just got his M1 wouldn't stand for it and I probably wouldn't have to do a thing except watch his fat *** slam the pavement... no one messes with pops :toothy3:

Because I kept control of my temper and the situation. The guy just wanted to steam so I let him and my kid is sensible....he taped him. What is there to "defend" ....a guy ranting in the highway???!!! hardly worth getting annoyed about....as you may have noticed from the chortles at the end when I asked about the video.

At no time did I feel nervous so why would any sane person want to escalate something that was easily defused and amusing :rolleyes:

Where was the road rage, I must have blinked and missed that part?

I also noticed him heading for his car a couple of times, and you calling him back, what was that all about?

What was going on before the video that you posted up?

What kept you from stopping until you knew where he was going?

No disrespect Dave but I disagree... how could just taping the incident be sensible or help or deter the situation lets just say pillsbury boy got of the car and started throwing knuckles or worse pulled a weapon, you were a sitting duck by the time your boy got there you would've been out cold or worse. My Last road rager incident in Toronto a cager started yapping got out of his car only to get my helmet to the side of his skull .Anyone gets out of their car I am off my bike and ready for what may ensue.

You do your thing I'll do mine - how about we leave it at that.
People need a trigger and I did not provide one. and it was successful - confrontation breeds violence.....he just wanted to vent and I let him then defused him.

No need to invent imaginary tales of derring do - they rarely have a good outcome.
I would be quite prepared to charge him had anything further occurred and I'm not entirely settled on whether I will send the info to the local constabulary.
Staying calm and collected in any potentially stressful situation is key. Letting your imagination or testosterone rule you is cause for concern.

My first solo as a pilot had severe potential for killing a noob tow pilot but staying calm and letting training kick in left us both safe and me with the record for the shortest solo at SOSA.
The much better paddlers would take me on some of the larger kayak rivers because even tho I couldn't paddle to their level I stayed calm and could roll up in almost any situation.
Getting hyper doesn't help.....note when you hear pilots and astronauts in high stress situations they appear unnaturally calm when the rest of us might be freaking.
They understand.

You likely missed my question to you. What kept you from stopping until you knew where he was going?

As soon as he gets out I'd be gone. Good luck catching me in a truck with all the twisties programmed in my gps. Yes, its wet, but I don't think a truck can outperform my bike.

Maybe on your scooter it might be different. Oh well

I'm with Mac on this one...as much as I'd like to think i'd be ready to smack him upside the head the second he got out of the vehicle and it would be an awesome story provided it turned out in my favour, the smart thing to do was let him vent. Any training in Crisis Management tells you to do that...let the person blow off steam, keep your mouth shut and appear empathetic. If you ride away safely after an encounter such as that, then it's a win in my books.

WE came up slowly looking for an indication and I politely hit the horn to alert him and went around
...I'm not going to come to a full stop to wait while he yacks. He got upset and that's his problem.

...and if you think you can outrun a local with a big engine and a lot of contact patch well you just go do it.....wet roads or not. I got a demonstration of contact patch on a wild ride in an empty dump truck through the Rockies at insane speeds.

The Burgman is fine in the twists but all that "lose the guy" stuff is is cowboy braggadocio. Even my son knew better.

Bottom line is I handled it as I saw fit with no harm.......it was amusing, why should I turn it into anything with more risk to satsify some atavistic urge. :rolleyes:

If you say so.

Stopping, signalling and refraining from the left handed shrug would have likely resulted in a better outcome.

Stay safe.

possibly - we were having a good time -
I did stay safe
tho a bit of karma bit in the way of an 11 hour cooling of heels on the edge of HWY 144 with a stredded tire...
we'll see what karma remains in play for the local. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom