MacDoc's PA road rage event | GTAMotorcycle.com

MacDoc's PA road rage event

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Guy was sitting in the road stopped - no signals on or anything indicating what he was going to do and yakking with someone in a house having a garage sale...took umbrance when I used the horn lightly...not agressively.

[video=youtube;Y4WwmlgPQ54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WwmlgPQ54&feature=youtu.be[/video]

He did not know he was being filmed. I apologized for my perceived transgression thinking that it's a problem stopping to chat in the middle of the road.... :roll:

He was spoiling for a fight - yattering on about "I'm a local" etc which leads us to wonder what the result would be of sending this to the county sheriff since he tailgated ( my son thought it was way too close given the pace ) and forced me to stop to hear out his rant. I just channeled Yoda and stayed calm and reasonable until he wound down.

I offered to shake his hand ( which you can see and his negative reaction) which took him aback. He just wanted to rage so I let him.

We passed him later parked along the side of the road - facing the wrong way for traffic of course....Kenz was worried that he was going to follow but he was likely just trying to avoid apoplexy
.....yah never know.
Thought there were some banjo's about....:D

Last edited:
hehe .....it was just getting off the cold and wet as you can see by the rain gear so he had the advantage there.

Awesome job keeping your composure! It's a good thing it didn't escalate, with that sweatband he obviously works out alot! Meanwhile, back at the farm... Lol

It's no wonder they grow em so big down there - it takes my digestive system a few days to recover from a US run. ;)

Kid still maintains he was a foot off my rear wheel at 100k+
Sez the wide angle lens does not show it - I didn't notice - nor was I about to brake check him

Just saw this on /r/motorcycles on Reddit.

Exactly where did this happen?
I had a better impression from Pennsylvania residents, hopefully this piece of **** is the exception and not the norm.

Clearly it he has done this before given his ease and effort of chasing you down.
Report him to the State Troopers and file a report if you can even by fax as proof that you contacted them with a link to the video.
I am surprised he did not start shooting at you and claim he was in fear.

Come to think of it, I'm a little ****** at all these crazed scooter riders, tearing up my local roads, ripping through the corners! Scooter riders, take it to the track!
Just kidding, love your scoot Macdoc, run what ya brung!

That's us.....damn did we have fun on the Forks today.
My throttle and brake control is finally returning after damaging my shoulder coming off the KLR in Australia.

Stayed on the heels of the FZ8 except in the straight - kids rear tire was chattering on one hard corner.....much fun.

The "incident" happened on 144 - he may indeed been incensed with all the bikes that go through there but geeeez he was just parked on the road, no blinkers, no emergency indicators - what was odd was we weren't even in a hurry as the roads were just drying out and he was all huffy about feeling rushed.....

If I had been in the mood we'd not have paused but just blown by.

The Burgman does pretty well on the twists.....better than I am and the brakes are superb as is 20-90 acceleration with the CVT so you can ride hard with confidence on it.

Not up to SS standards but the one chase rider in the California twisties for the review who was a track rider said had it been a race he could not shake the Burgman and he was on a VFR800!!! ......surprising comment.

Little bit of drama - you could hear us chortle when he left and we knew it was on tape. :D

I was and still am considering reporting it to the State Troopers if only to save another rider the hassle.

He was just pi**ed off that he couldn't swing a leg over your scoot and take it for a ride.....

There's a reason i haven't used my horn on my bike in ten years.

It bring's the crazy out of ppl.

He just made cuz he got overtook by a scooter.

Btw that suv does keep up with the scooter on the twisty :D

As I said - I wasn't pushing it cuz it was still a bit wet
The 650 does fine in the twists....no one gets "stuck" :rolleyes:
Besides that's exactly what the ******* wanted and I wasn't playing.....
No bike has the tire patch to rival that SUV so that's a losers game.

If a VFR800 with a track rider aboard couldn't lose the Burgman 650 in the California canyons.....it's good enough for my purposes...just sayin' :D

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

I'm quite willing to use horn and highbeams to get my point across to drivers intruding on my space.....or even considering it.

As I said - I wasn't pushing it cuz it was still a bit wet
The 650 does fine in the twists....no one gets "stuck" :rolleyes:
Besides that's exactly what the ******* wanted and I wasn't playing.....
No bike has the tire patch to rival that SUV so that's a losers game.

If a VFR800 with a track rider aboard couldn't lose the Burgman 650 in the California canyons.....it's good enough for my purposes...just sayin' :D

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

I'm quite willing to use horn and highbeams to get my point across to drivers intruding on my space.....or even considering it.

Don't worry bud, he didnt pull a gun on you. It's still a good day

Sent from my tablet using my paws

There's a reason i haven't used my horn on my bike in ten years.

It bring's the crazy out of ppl.

Same here. Pass people, filter, do whatever you want but do it in a way that's non-aggressive. Horns are like a button to turn on rage mode for some drivers on the receiving end.

My horn would be horn on permanently if i needed to warn off retarded drivers.

Back
Top Bottom