Temperance street downtown Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temperance street downtown Toronto

puttockc

I park on temperance street every day for work. the last two days(wednesday, thursday) film crews had blocked off the space, putting the 40+ bikes in a bind, so everyone parked on the sidewalk. I parked and came out with no ticket after being at work for 17 hours I was the last bike left. On Thursday in parked again, came out after 6 hours and every single bike had a parking ticket for $50, a security guy for the film told me a local business owner had the bikes ticketed, forcing the hand of a cop who wanted to leave it alone. I am gonna see if I can have this ticket tossed, not sure how, watch out for that area guys!!!

Normal parking day:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376657371.594517.jpg

I park on temperance street every day for work. the last two days(wednesday, thursday) film crews had blocked off the space, putting the 40+ bikes in a bind, so everyone parked on the sidewalk. I parked and came out with no ticket after being at work for 17 hours I was the last bike left. On Thursday in parked again, came out after 6 hours and every single bike had a parking ticket for $50, a security guy for the film told me a local business owner had the bikes ticketed, forcing the hand of a cop who wanted to leave it alone. I am gonna see if I can have this ticket tossed, not sure how, watch out for that area guys!!!

Normal parking day:
View attachment 33205

Chances are, it will be reduced to $20 but not tossed.
Hundreds of scooters got the same ticket recently when the city started with the sidewalk crackdown. A few weeks ago, a friend argued with the parking enforcement guy because there was no proper communication </SPAN>from the city to scooter owners about the crackdown, the officer just said that he could take it to court, but that the sidewalk tickets will not be dropped in court, no matter what.

Unfortunately for you, this is a valid ticket. It's valid for scooters, too, as motor vehicles are not permitted to park on the sidewalk or boulevard. As stated you might be able to get the ticket reduced but given that you would likely be losing a day's pay to do so, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it in the long run.

Construction has turned what was a zillion spots into a small number. I would have an alternative spot in mind because the chances are 50/50 that you will need it.

Cool I'll just roll by then and see. I know other places but Temperance is the closest to where I'm headed.

Back
Top Bottom