English Premier League 2013 - 2014 season thread. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

English Premier League 2013 - 2014 season thread.

Still not time to count our chickens. We still need to do away with Chelski, then I'll breathe.

Well said! Stevie G said it best in the interview after the game, "The biggest game of the season is the next game against Norwich". The danger is for the team to look ahead to Chelsea as the next 4 games will be like cup finals.

I was surprised how LFC came out firing against Man C, I thought they would feel out the game and apply pressure as the game wore on. It looks like BR told the boys to go full out from the start and blitz Man C. I like the tactic, hey, they're unbeaten in 2014, but I think it leaves them knackered in the second half which is where they are vulnerable.

Here's how I see the last month turning out:

Chelsea - with the Champions League to play, that will be their focus. I also think Jose's act is wearing a bit thin for his team and, at some point, there's going to be a let down. I'm hoping that takes place in league play.

Man C - injury concerns for Man C will give them an excuse for dropping points. They have a pretty easy schedule though. I always felt they are a "bought team" and don't have the kind of team spirit to play through adversity which is why they can't seem to do much in Champions League play.

Liverpool - Other than Stevie G and Glen Johnson, not much experience in locking down trophies. Even Stevie hasn't won the league, yet. The team was built together and is still trying to find out just how good they can be. That's why, as an LFC fan, I never know what team is going to take the field nor does anyone know if they can lock it down. The plan for the season was to finish top 4, fair to say that it's mission accomplished. Anything more is gravy.

I got a bit of a chub when I saw the scoreline between City and Sunderland.

4 games to go, it's ours to lose.

I got a bit of a chub when I saw the scoreline between City and Sunderland.

4 games to go, it's ours to lose.

The upcoming Liverpool/Chelsea match will be big.

I am rooting for Liverpool. They grew their team, unlike Chelsea and ManC who bought theirs.

Last edited:
Chelsea - with the Champions League to play, that will be their focus. I also think Jose's act is wearing a bit thin for his team and, at some point, there's going to be a let down. I'm hoping that takes place in league play

Mourihno's act usually lasts about 3 seasons. He's safe this year, especially if he wins something this season.

That will be a hard game tactically. Chelsea is the strongest defensive team in the league and are 2nd in the table because of their strong play in the midfield area. Defense wins championchips. Their only problem is at striker position, but that's wallpapered by their great midfield play.

Chelsea's strength is in their ability to play a consistent game. That will allow BR to figure out a way to break it. The problem with Jose figuring out LFC is LFC is a bit bi-polar; you don't know who might step up to break open the game. Assign double coverage to Suarez? Sturridge will pop a couple. Double down inside against SAS? Sterling and Johnson will steam down the wings. Play a high line to press? Stevie unleashes his 50 yard pass to send a teamate on a break. Or maybe Coutinho or Allen will have a great moment, or maybe Skrtel will head one in. It could be anyone. The problem is, the team might also lay a turd, who knows.

I'm still not certain of our (LFC's) chances to win the league though. The wildcard is Stevie G; you know the team will die for that man to get his first Premier League trophy.

Most people know I was a Chelsea fan when Drogba was on the team. But I have to say I don't mind if Liverpool wins the league. I think they deserve it and they have a few ex chelsea players on the team too. I couldn't figure out why they got rid of Sturrigde.

ESPN's 30 for 30 "Hillsborough". For everyone in Canada who didn't get to see this when it aired in the USA on April 15th 2014.

A bit of background for those unfamiliar with this tragic event. On April 15th 1989, Liverpool FC played Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup Semi Final. 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives during this match. This documentary tells the story of that day and subsequent events that followed. Incredible film making here people. Watch it!

Part 1:

http://adf.ly/jwawd

Part 2:

http://adf.ly/jwqcz

Nice to see City draw, surprised that Everton lost at home. Seeing Bale's goal midweek really emphasizes the mistake Spurs did by letting him go. They could have been challenging for the title with him in the line up.

Nice to see City draw, surprised that Everton lost at home. Seeing Bale's goal midweek really emphasizes the mistake Spurs did by letting him go. They could have been challenging for the title with him in the line up.

Joe hart is a twot. It bothers me that hes the 'top' english goalie. Bale is a beast. Hala Madrid

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Didn't know so many people here watched the epl. I'm almost ashamed to post this picture here of what I'm wearing this moment
e2araher.jpg

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

The door is over there >

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sterling is going to be a terrifying man to play against (if he isn't already). That strike at city was beautiful and so was the one I just watched. And learning from Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge...

*edited to add:

I counted 2 maybe 3 reds in the first half...interesting match to watch

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Five points clear.

Paging Fiery254 to this thread, where are you bro? :)

Five points clear.

If he's anything like my die-hard Man Utd/Barcelona/Bayern Munich co-worker he thinks even if we clinch the title it shouldn't count cause Utd weren't competitive :lmao:

Incredible considering they were 6 points down in January.

Grown talent > bought talent

Five points clear.

Sorry, been busy watching a train wreck happen.

If he's anything like my die-hard Man Utd/Barcelona/Bayern Munich co-worker he thinks even if we clinch the title it shouldn't count cause Utd weren't competitive :lmao:

Grown talent > bought talent

Congratulations on blowing your first Premier League title. What's it like to have NEVER won the Premier League?

YSB.

10294477_699800346744971_4366427837373309823_n.jpg

Sorry, been busy watching a train wreck happen.

Congratulations on blowing your first Premier League title. What's it like to have NEVER won the Premier League?

YSB.

10294477_699800346744971_4366427837373309823_n.jpg

Is it ironic that it was gerrard who gave up the ball on the goal??

If City don't slip up and win the league....Liverpool will never win it again

That will be a hard game tactically. Chelsea is the strongest defensive team in the league and are 2nd in the table because of their strong play in the midfield area. Defense wins championchips. Their only problem is at striker position, but that's wallpapered by their great midfield play.

Chelsea's strength is in their ability to play a consistent game. That will allow BR to figure out a way to break it. The problem with Jose figuring out LFC is LFC is a bit bi-polar; you don't know who might step up to break open the game. Assign double coverage to Suarez? Sturridge will pop a couple. Double down inside against SAS? Sterling and Johnson will steam down the wings. Play a high line to press? Stevie unleashes his 50 yard pass to send a teamate on a break. Or maybe Coutinho or Allen will have a great moment, or maybe Skrtel will head one in. It could be anyone. The problem is, the team might also lay a turd, who knows.

I'm still not certain of our (LFC's) chances to win the league though. The wildcard is Stevie G; you know the team will die for that man to get his first Premier League trophy

What an absolute pile of doo doo. I've read some fantastic bollocks written by deluded scousers but this is up there with the very best.

Liverpool have ridden their luck all season and, while playing some great football (so I'm told), have managed an almost injury free season. If they miss out this season then next season they won't be so lucky.

Is it ironic that it was gerrard who gave up the ball on the goal??

If City don't slip up and win the league....Liverpool will never win it again

Ironic? Nah, it's justice. He's a nasty sham of a man who has been getting away with it for years. Most recently seen in a Southport boozer with a few mates, ****** as a fart "celebrating" liverpool winning the Premier League. There's a reason he's nicknamed Stevie Me.

10175961_772968379429808_4575594225659510740_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom