Accident? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accident?

architect

Site Supporter
Downtown this morning. Lady notice I came up behind her in traffic. Not really sure but probably just didn't like that I was on two wheels with loud engine. Lady started to wave the finger, flipping me off and basically telling me I need to stay behind her ( I made no move to try and pass her, was never even beside her at any point). She made a right turn and I did too because that was my route to work. Then she kept waving her finger at me (no idea). She accelerated and stopped TWICE with clear intention of bothering me. It worked, on the second time I grabbed my brakes so not to hit her and went down. There was clearly no cars in front of her she just was messing with me. She tried to drive away but I immediately ran to her car to stop her. A cop a about 20 mters down about to make a right turn, stops, comes back, and immediately tells me I'm "harassing this lady". I told her she had caused an accident and kept accelerating and stopping in the middle of an open street for no reason. The cop, having seen nothing, again pushed that it was my fault and said my bike "was too loud" and could tell I was going "too fast". He basically told me to "go away". I tried to argue but he kept just telling me it was "my fault" and to "go away" and leave her alone. He basically intimated me out of there and automatically sided with the lady/car. I would have stayed to fight but if this officer is going to state that it was my fault it would have been worthless to insurance? I also didn't have much time as I had a morning meeting. How should I have handled it? Is there anything I can do now? I thought about calling in a hit and run.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
She brake checked you and you bit that lure hard.

No hit and run so you cannot claim it to be one. It was a single vehicle accident and was the operators fault.

Learn from your experience? Take a different route next time?

Bike should be able to out brake a car. If you had to grab that much brake you probably grabbed too much or you were following too closely.

Dick move by the woman obviously but you were following too close, plain and simple.

I take the same route to work everyday. This lady basically had it out for me as soon as I merged behind her for whatever reason. What pisses me off the most is the prejudice against motorcyclists. The cop AUTOMATICALLY sided with the lady without being even a witness. He refused to even listen to what happened and assumed the biker was at fault because of the "loudness".

Not like I would ever do this, but if I wanted to purposely brake check someone and cause an accident, it would be the person that hit me from behind at fault for following to close? If I needed a new bumper this sounds like a bullet-proof way of getting a new one.

I take the same route to work everyday. This lady basically had it out for me as soon as I merged behind her for whatever reason. What pisses me off the most is the prejudice against motorcyclists. The cop AUTOMATICALLY sided with the lady without being even a witness. He refused to even listen to what happened and assumed the biker was at fault because of the "loudness".

You were at fault because you had an accident. Pull over next time, and use two minutes to ground yourself, rather than two weeks ordering parts and fixing your bike.

Sorry but you had no witnesses and at this point you were harassing a lady for falling down behind her. This is only thing cop knows. It sucks but he is right to tell you to quit it.

You know about no fault insurance right? Your insurance will pay for your bumper and at most they will get a following to close charge. I don't see how this will financially benefit you other than getting a bumper paid for by your insurance premiums.

Taking that route everyday does not entitle you to a clear easy ride. Next time an aggravated driver is in front of you think about not turning with them and maybe taking the next block. If it's your reg route then you should know of an alternative.

Right of weight, not right of way. Don't mess with those who are bigger than you is a good rule. Probably ends bad.

Last edited:
There was a shy witness he was right there and saw the lady brake check me. He tried to approach us but the cop told him to back off and then just repeatedly tell me to "go away" and "stop harassing this lady". I should have got his contact. Lesson learned.

Loud pipes are annoying, hence why the cop didn't give you the time of day.

First brake check, you should have got out of the way asasp.

All kinds of crazy ppl in this world.

Yeah I should have known better. Fell for the bait. I should have been more careful after she gave me the finger 3 times before that.

My bike isn't particularly loud. The FZR just sucks at anything less than 8RPM. Not a downtown friendly bike.

Last edited:
Not like I would ever do this, but if I wanted to purposely brake check someone and cause an accident, it would be the person that hit me from behind at fault for following to close? If I needed a new bumper this sounds like a bullet-proof way of getting a new one.

Until you turn into Ragu.

Maybe you are one of those riders loud pipes, and run with hi beams on during the day. Ya know for safety reasons...

Women are crazy at the best of times:)
You just ****** in her cornflakes too much.

As funny as it sounds yes! Years ago my dad was following a truck into a construction zone. The truck was on its breaks slowing down, as was my dad, when the truck suddenly stopped having locked its brakes. The truck driver admitted to the cop that he was looking at the bulldozer, and he panic braked when he almost hit the guy holding the sign. My dad was charged. I have also been rear ended twice and talked to the insurance people about it. Basically the driver who rear ends the other car in a rear end collision is ALWAYS 100% at fault.

Quiet pipes saves sanity

However I don't agree at all with this lady's tactics or the way the cop handled it. Please remember, this is why you keep your distance from the vehicle ahead of you. In the long run, if you're right or wrong in the end a car always wins vs. Your motorcycle.

This is my signature

That's why I always ride with my Drift camera recording (only last 3 hours though), never know what's going to happen on the street.

I don't intend to thread-jack, but allow me to describe a hypothetical situation here:

Let's say you had a camera recording the whole incident, however in the eyes of the traffic enforcement and your insurance company: you're still 100% at fault. So you pay $500 to fix your bike, and your insurance premium suffers an increase over the next 10 years:

Could you take this woman to small-claims court with your video evidence that she was being unreasonable? You could attempt to charge her for the cost of your repairs and insurance premiums over the next 10 years (let's also assume that your insurance contact told you that your rate will increase by 20%).

What are the odds of winning a civil claims case against a driver who didn't technically violate the HTA, but still caused damage and set you back financially?

You were at fault because you had an accident. Pull over next time, and use two minutes to ground yourself, rather than two weeks ordering parts and fixing your bike.

I agree with your suggestions to stop over for a couple of minutes, it can save your life. But I disagree he is at fault. (more of that in a minute)

There was a shy witness he was right there and saw the lady brake check me. He tried to approach us but the cop told him to back off and then just repeatedly tell me to "go away" and "stop harassing this lady". I should have got his contact. Lesson learned.

Two things: yes, you should have asked the witness "what did you see?", if he got the plate of the car, and his contact information.

Do you have the plate of the car?

Second thing: There was a second witness, the cop. Do you have the name of the cop? This is one of those circunstances that you have to ask him to write you a ticket... at least you would have his contact info... LOL

COP: "Son, this was your fault anyway, you were clearly speeding. just get going"
Architect: "Are you sure officer that I was speeding? Are you going to give me a ticket? Because I'm sure I was not speeding"

Basically the driver who rear ends the other car in a rear end collision is ALWAYS 100% at fault.

however in the eyes of the traffic enforcement and your insurance company: you're still 100% at fault.

You are right, usually the guy behind is 100% at fault... unless the driver in front causes the accident (by slamming on the brakes maliciously</SPAN>, for example... just like in this case).

What the officer should have done, given the motorcycle driver's allegations, is to ask the lady "What happened?" to get her side of the story, and then "Why did you stop at this particular spot?"

Then, the officer should have impounded her vehicle and suspended her license based on this:

Definition, “stunt”
3.For the purposes of section 172 of the Act, “stunt” includes any activity where one or more persons engage in any of the following driving behaviours:
8. Driving a motor vehicle without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may endanger any person by,

Last edited:
Women are crazy at the best of times:)
You just ****** in her cornflakes too much.

And guys with small ****s.

Years ago when I was still a G1 with my dad in the passenger's seat, I was waiting to make a right turn at a busy intersection. The guy behind me in a red sports car decided I was being too slow, and honked/revved/gestured at me repeatedly. Finally made the turn when the light changed, he floored it into the left lane beside me, then swerved into my lane when the back of his car was still even with my driver's side window (hurray for paved shoulders), then brake-checked me (unsuccessfully). He's lucky I was a d*mned better driver at 17 than he was at whatever-aged crisis he was at.

You were following too closely, when you meet bad drivers, you give them space, not try to intimidate them with your easily-swiped motorcycle.

You should have also gotten the police officer's badge number and station to file a complaint.

Back
Top Bottom