soar practice friday | GTAMotorcycle.com

soar practice friday

TomC

Site Supporter
What is the format of this? Is it open session or are there groups? Looked on the soar website but its a bit messy. Debating to go to this or tomorrow (thursday's) trackday. I'm just looking to get some riding in, not interested in the race wkend.

Last edited:
There are groups. Usually 3 groups, sometimes 4 depending on how many are registered.

Sorry for the late reply.. you'll get more track time today if you can make it.

On-Track portion is our "trackday" sessions. There is only one group with limited numbers. Think red group rules. You will ride with our slow group where there is a varied array of rider speeds. You have to be ok being passed anywhere on the track as well as passing others (safely of course).We generally run two sessions in morning until fast rders get to be too big then we split to three. 20min sessions, In afternoon we add a forth group once the school classroom session ends. Never had anyone say they didnt get enough tracktime. Too late to pre register as everything is already packed I am leaving for track now so if your coming just see the girls in registration and they will look after you. Trackday prep is only reqd for tech.

thanks! when should i show up by to avoid any disappointment or a verbal lashing :p

A huge thanks to Ken and the SOAR Crew for putting on a wicked trackday.
It was ran so well.

Now I'm used to TMP where nothing is on time but I was just amazed at how everything was down to the minute. Tech, riders meeting, 5min warning, use of PA system etc.

Also impressed with how fast ken got out into the field to pick up a downed bike, flags used appropriately, knowledgable corner marshals.

All in all a great day. Wish GB wasn't 3 hrs away.

Also, Big thanks to Carboncat for bugging me continuously for months to come check the SOAR trackday out.

Good luck to all the Racers this weekend.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom