Does having GoPro (or similar) mounts lower resale value? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does having GoPro (or similar) mounts lower resale value?

conundrum

Just wondering if anyone knows if having GoPro (or similar) mounts on a bike lowers its resale value, either private or trade-in. Reason being, I've been mulling over putting a stick mount both of my tank and tail of my 250, however since I'm 99.9% sure this is my last season on this bike, I don't want to do anything that will cause me to get less for it when I sell or (more likely) just trade it in.

Arguably the only reason why I can see it causing an issue would be either 1. being something non-stock on the bike (esp of the buyer doesn't have a camera), and 2. indicating the bike was likely ridden harder and not just used for going to the nearest Tim Hortons and back.

Side-note: I know the mounts can be removed, although I'd be hesitant to do so in case I somehow damaged the paint (or matte surface, in the case of the tail) -- as that would most definitely hurt resale value severely.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
They are easily removable with the correct product. Not really a reason to devalue a bike. Think of them as stickers. If someone wants to lowball you because of stickers, say thanks and move on to next potential buyer. You will never run out of buyers for a 250.

My bike had over 20 random stickers all over it when I bought it. Took an hour or so to desticker and a couple dabs of GooGone to get rid of glue residue.

I personally wouldn't think less of a bike because it has the sticky mounts on it. I personally have a GoPro so i may be biased, although I havent put any stickies on my current bike yet.

I've had people say "oh, it must have been stunted, I'll pass" when they saw the gopro mount, guess it depends on the buyer.

I'm more concerned with dealerships using it to lower their trade in offer vs private buyers, and dealerships tend to use any excuse they can think of (imo).

I'm more concerned with dealerships using it to lower their trade in offer vs private buyers, and dealerships tend to use any excuse they can think of (imo).

Correct me if I'm wrong. Couldn't the adhesive mount be easily removed by using a hair dryer and slowly peeling it off. Then use some Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've had people say "oh, it must have been stunted, I'll pass" when they saw the gopro mount, guess it depends on the buyer.

Yeah if they are using that as an "excuse" then tell them to move on. I doubt I "stunt" with my 1700 Silverado..lmao or that many "stunt" on a 250 either. Obviously they aren't the right buyer for the bike. Now a dealership will certainly low ball you on it, they will low ball you if there is mud on a spoke as you obviously were "offroading" with it..LMAO

You're intending on trading it in to a dealer and are worried about maximizing the value they give? Thats seems counter-intuitive to me.

2. indicating the bike was likely ridden harder and not just used for going to the nearest Tim Hortons and back.

If someone thinks a go pro mount is an indicator of hard how its ridden, or that anything more than Timmies posing is hard riding, repeat what is mentioned below...

If someone is gonna lowball because of gopro mounts, tell them to **** off.

Don't trade it in. You will loose a ton of money.

I believe I saw the USB port at Princess Auto and/or Canadian Tire. Just wire it into your battery

Does having a video camera really insinuate a hard rider? I swear the people I ride with, it's always the slowest riders with cameras.

If you mount them in a way that is removable, then no one will even know they were there. I prefer the RAM mounts because they are very flexible as far as what you can do with them (i.e. mount cameras, phones, GPS, etc). Attached are some images showing the locations...

Mirror mount on handlebar means camera moves with the bars.
unknown-button__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on chain guard bolt gives a nice view with rear tire in the pic.
ram-swingarm-rwd__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on custom mirror extender and is fixed with the bike (doesn't move with handlebars)
dscn1619__scaled_640.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom