Five RFX1 Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Five RFX1 Review

Mina

Site Supporter
Bought these gloves and wore them no more than 10 times.
High quality gloves are not supposed to rip open upon impact. Went down wearing them, must have been doing 100-130, the stitching came apart in the palm area, got a nice cut on my palm as a result.
I also broke a metacarpal in my right hand, but I'm sure that was due to the impact of my landing more than anything else. Had I slid a little longer, I'm sure I'd have a lot more damage to my right palm.

These are not a cheap pair of gloves but after my incident I have no faith in this brand and would never recommend them to anyone.

Just a heads up.

9451545301_13b9c52855.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't fall from those speeds maybe 60k and mine held up excellent. The seams don't seam that bad considering the speed involved. I feel from the photo the leather appears to have worn through maybe that caused the seam failure, either way I wouldn't wear what I don't feel 100% comfortable in. Heal up soon.

I didn't fall from those speeds maybe 60k and mine held up excellent. The seams don't seam that bad considering the speed involved. I feel from the photo the leather appears to have worn through maybe that caused the seam failure, either way I wouldn't wear what I don't feel 100% comfortable in. Heal up soon.

Like I mentioned earlier, I wore these gloves no more than 10 times since I bought them. (new)
I originally purchased them to do my M1X course, shortly after I picked up a pair of Dainese Full Metal Racers and used them while the Five's sat on a shelf.

I did not slide for yards upon yards, the rip was due to the initial impact and in IMO quality gloves should not rip apart like that.
However, YMMV, again, this is just a heads up. The final decision is yours!

I also had a pair of Five RFX-(not sure on the number but I think it was the New. I'll check next time I'm at my parents place) and the seams on the index, middle and ring finger split open after about 15 uses. The stitching isn't the best, and other places I've checked on the net have had similar reviews about the stitching failing with minimal use.

where are they made in?

Yup, they're made in China.
I also have 3 pairs of Dainese gloves and they're made in Vietnam, it's not so much where they're made, it's all about quality control IMO.

Back
Top Bottom