My plate was stolen. Am I comprimised? | GTAMotorcycle.com

My plate was stolen. Am I comprimised?

Dayao12

Hey, my plate was stolen at woodbine beach over the long weekend. Luckily a friend helped me tow it home.

Theoretically, can a thief get information about me through the plate if s/he had the proper channels? What if I get a new plate(which I plan to do tomorrow)? Can they still get info from the old plate?

Thanks for your response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first thing you should do is report your plate stolen at a police station, then they will give you a case id# that you take to the MTO when you get a new plate.
Secondly, the whole city sees your plate when you're riding, I'm sure if they wanted to find out something about you, they could do it without stealing your plate.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

The first thing you should do is report your plate stolen at a police station, then they will give you a case id# that you take to the MTO when you get a new plate.
Secondly, the whole city sees your plate when you're riding, I'm sure if they wanted to find out something about you, they could do it without stealing your plate.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Thanks Mina! I plan to do just that today.
But still, is it possible to get information from a plate that's reported stolen? Does MTO wipe the old plate off their system?

Thanks Mina! I plan to do just that today.
But still, is it possible to get information from a plate that's reported stolen? Does MTO wipe the old plate off their system?

the only information they can get from your stolen plate is what month your birthday is. :cool:
Whoever stole it is not using it to steal your identity, They are most likely using it to a ride a stolen or uninsured bike.
Once you claim it stolen, you have nothing to do with that plate number anymore.

Report it stolen as soon as possible. Its likely on a stolen or uninsured bike right now and red light tickets, 407 tolls etc will be coming your way still.

the only information they can get from your stolen plate is what month your birthday is. :cool:
Whoever stole it is not using it to steal your identity, They are most likely using it to a ride a stolen or uninsured bike.
Once you claim it stolen, you have nothing to do with that plate number anymore.

Thank you Jeff! I feel much better now! That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm just paranoid with personal info leaking out through any source, even if it's a license plate.

You could've ridden to 55 Division up the street and reported it. They give you a slip of paper so you're still able to ride until you get your new plates from MTO. If you get pulled over you just show the officer the paper that your plates were reported stolen.

Is it possible for someone to get information about you from a stolen plate? Yes, but no more so than if they read it and wrote it down on the street.

You definitely want it reported stolen ASAP because it could be used for 407 charges, running red light cameras, running from police.......

You posted on the interweb, you're already compromised!

As already posted, just report it stolen and get on with your life.

Cheers.

Hey, my plate was stolen at woodbine beach over the long weekend. Luckily a friend helped me tow it home.

I would've just ridden it home. I lost a plate on the road once, informed police and got a new plate the next day.

In less than 60 seconds of searching this forum & google, I found your phone number and address. I wouldn't be worried about what they can learn from your plate.

In less than 60 seconds of searching this forum & google, I found your phone number and address. I wouldn't be worried about what they can learn from your plate.

lol, this. the Internet has tons of information on all of us. Ever use Google Now? That thing learned everything about me without me even knowing it.

Back
Top Bottom