Wheelieboy's off to Colorado/Utah again | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wheelieboy's off to Colorado/Utah again

Nice get that video uploaded soon i wanna see

Heres a little video sample of me riding along an old mining road. It was my first day riding there so I was riding very cautiously:

[video=youtube_share;mhPQVOP65gk]http://youtu.be/mhPQVOP65gk[/video]

Wow, one false move and its over the edge of no return!

Wow, one false move and its over the edge of no return!

Yup, we actually got used to riding roads like this so it didnt bother us as much. As long as you pay attention to the road its fine.

The hardest and most dangerous road we rode was the Black Bear Pass. So dangerous that this is the only pass that rental jeeps are banned from. You either take the inside lane which is very steep and rocky, or you take the outside lane which is not as steep....but you're hanging off the side of a cliff. To top it off, when you're standing at the top, you cant even see the road...because it curves to the right with even a higher ~500ft cliff if you dont make the turn. Its a 1 way (downhill) trail (because its so steep its almost impossible to go up). I'll have that video up later.

994307_10100257212097590_623748252_n.jpg

533961_10100257212017750_1133829983_n.jpg

You're ride stories are fantastically 'over the top', no pun.
Old mining road - I would have needed a helicopter to come get me.
Very impressive. What kind of bike are you riding?

You're ride stories are fantastically 'over the top', no pun.
Old mining road - I would have needed a helicopter to come get me.
Very impressive. What kind of bike are you riding?

Old mining roads everywhere.

To think miners used these roads over 100 years ago with horse drawn carriages is kind of nuts compared to what we did. The towns in between are at around 8000ft, mines could be found up to 14000ft. Eventually they used trucks/cars to haul building materials and heavy equipment such as this:

1016982_10100257056519370_1186451592_n.jpg

You would see abandoned shacks, heavy steel equipment, rails, mine carts everywhere. They even had a cable lift system to transport gold, silver, copper ( and people) from the mine to the mill. Not my picture below...although I have my own, just havent uploaded it yet.

Zipline-tour-silverton-colorado-2.jpg

Nice =)

Highest I went is 12900ft I think. And my bike felt like a CBR125 at that altitude lol

How was yours ?

Nice =)

Highest I went is 12900ft I think. And my bike felt like a CBR125 at that altitude lol

How was yours ?

At around 11500 ft, it started bogging and would stall very easily. Bike was very slow as well but it was okay for what I was doing. I just hoped it wasnt going to stall at a bad time and force me to put my foot down on a non-existent surface. The bike is already too tall for me, I'm on my very tip toes on flat pavement so if there is a rut where my foot is supposed to go, I'll drop the bike.

I only dropped it 3 times on this trip, I got pretty good at not dropping the bike...

Back
Top Bottom