T.O to California in 14days | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

T.O to California in 14days

Just looking forward or not to the one week trip from Denver to Toronto. My bike is resting in Colorado while im back at work :)
Beartooth, black forest and badlands +
prairies :(

That's totally a lot more time than I had for this trip !

4days of riding in heavens in Colorado and 3days of coming back.

I only really got 10 days and will be cut short .

Great trip and great pics Ugur! Inspirational. :)

Is that a 190 tire?
Did you catch any heat from US cops with your plate like that?
What are some of the places you would have liked to stop, but didn't?
What were your stretch intervals?
How old are you?
What make of bag is that?
What was the high point on your trip?
What was the low point?
Would you do it again?

Last edited:
Is that a 190 tire?

- 0. Non-sport bikes seem to get a lot less attention from cops. And people on tour are not really bothered as well, IMO.

- Too many to list for sure, but I certainly missed out on Pikes Peak, Monument Valley, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Beartooth Hwy. I'd also like to spend more time on Highway 1 (PCH), Northern California - north of San Francisco, Colorado, Arizona, and go to Montana and the Dakotas.

- 100kms-200kms. A lot more breaks if there is scenery, and a lot less breaks if in mid Nevada going over 150km/h on straight line.

How old are you?

- It's my tennis bag. Thermo-guard, water-ressistent and top quality material. Best backpack ever.
wilson-blx-team-backpack.jpg

- HIGH at all times =) As soon as I cross the border and ride into unknown places, there is this intense feeling of excitement, journey, adventure, awareness of senses, and appreciation of a 24hr, day by day. Imagine having it for 15days in a row.. I remember a few times looking at some scenery, thinking "there is no way this is gonna get any more epic than this", and it just kept on getting better and better through out.

What was the low point?
- On last day, I had a stiff back that actually got unbearable in the last 400kms or so.. Long days finally caught up I think. I had to take an hour break at around London, ON before I could get home.

Would you do it again?
- 100%. This trip makes much more sense to me than locking myself up in a resort in Bahamas or something, but the gf doesn't agree lol. If I had more money, I'd go next time for a similar trip in South America or Asia.

Thanks for the answers. Did you feel lonely at all...like another rider would have made the trip even better?

Is that a 190 tire?

- 0. Non-sport bikes seem to get a lot less attention from cops. And people on tour are not really bothered as well, IMO.

- Too many to list for sure, but I certainly missed out on Pikes Peak, Monument Valley, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Beartooth Hwy. I'd also like to spend more time on Highway 1 (PCH), Northern California - north of San Francisco, Colorado, Arizona, and go to Montana and the Dakotas.

- 100kms-200kms. A lot more breaks if there is scenery, and a lot less breaks if in mid Nevada going over 150km/h on straight line.

How old are you?

- It's my tennis bag. Thermo-guard, water-ressistent and top quality material. Best backpack ever.
wilson-blx-team-backpack.jpg

- HIGH at all times =) As soon as I cross the border and ride into unknown places, there is this intense feeling of excitement, journey, adventure, awareness of senses, and appreciation of a 24hr, day by day. Imagine having it for 15days in a row.. I remember a few times looking at some scenery, thinking "there is no way this is gonna get any more epic than this", and it just kept on getting better and better through out.

What was the low point?
- On last day, I had a stiff back that actually got unbearable in the last 400kms or so.. Long days finally caught up I think. I had to take an hour break at around London, ON before I could get home.

Would you do it again?
- 100%. This trip makes much more sense to me than locking myself up in a resort in Bahamas or something, but the gf doesn't agree lol. If I had more money, I'd go next time for a similar trip in South America or Asia.

Thanks for the answers. Did you feel lonely at all...like another rider would have made the trip even better?

4days after my departure from Toronto, 1 of my friends took off from Pearson to meet me in LA. Another friend was also in LA to meet us. So, I was with people for 3-4 days during this trip. Not lonely for sure.

In my Miami trip tho, I was on my own the whole time. I started meeting new ppl from Day 1 as I arrived in Miami. That's also a lot of fun in its own way.

Whether you'd feel lonely or not, depends on your personality I think. Some ppl can't enjoy things without sharing. I can be like that too, but I also enjoy going alone to movies. I personally feel "connected" to Earth and Nature if I'm in the middle of a canyon or on top of a mountain, far away from nearest human.

Last edited:
4days after my departure from Toronto, 1 of my friends took off from Pearson to meet me in LA. Another friend was also in LA to meet us. So, I was with people for 3-4 days during this trip. Not lonely for sure.

In my Miami trip tho, I was on my own the whole time. I started meeting new ppl from Day 1 as I arrived in Miami. That's also a lot of fun in its own way.

Whether you'd feel lonely or not, depends on your personality I think. Some ppl can't enjoy things without sharing. I can be like that too, but I also enjoy going alone to movies. I personally feel "connected" to Earth and Nature if I'm in the middle of a canyon or on top of a mountain, far away from nearest human.
I agree with you. I did a hike to the top of a cliff in Wyoming. I was more scared of getting injured & can't make it down. But when I reached the top it was so peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom