Motorcycle Superstore Brokerage Fees if Shipped to Canada? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Superstore Brokerage Fees if Shipped to Canada?

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys! If UPS does operate in this fashion now then using their all in service may not be as scary anymore. I have been dinged in the past which is why I'm trying to avoid them. Calling the 1-877 number of motorcycle-superstore wasn't helpful either; guy didn't even know what brokerage fees were!

I did opt out of ordering from them anyway, shipping to Canada is $30 and canadamotorcycle had the same helmet for $10 more and free shipping, no dilemma here! Although in the future I may order from them because they do have good prices on a lot of merchandise.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'm planning on getting a Ninja 300 for next summer to learn. Been itching to get into riding since I was 18!

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys! If UPS does operate in this fashion now then using their all in service may not be as scary anymore. I have been dinged in the past which is why I'm trying to avoid them. Calling the 1-877 number of motorcycle-superstore wasn't helpful either; guy didn't even know what brokerage fees were!

I did opt out of ordering from them anyway, shipping to Canada is $30 and canadamotorcycle had the same helmet for $10 more and free shipping, no dilemma here! Although in the future I may order from them because they do have good prices on a lot of merchandise.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'm planning on getting a Ninja 300 for next summer to learn. Been itching to get into riding since I was 18!

I used to be sponsored by Motorcycle Superstore, i wouldn't buy motorcycle parts from anywhere else "price wise", i've even got a free part worth $200 without any hassle from the part manufacturer, did not even have to send my part back to them, they just contacted Motorcycle Superstore, who sent them my info, that i bought the part 9 months ago, and 1 week later i had a brand new part under the 1 year warranty. The part i bought was $180 with shipping everything originally, new one got it in 20 hours for free once paper work was done in a week... went to the canadian dealer part was $380 plus tax $400 something, one week or longer delivery, then id have to go to dealer to pick it up one hour away... FK that, USA for the win, Online shopping for the win! bike was up and running in 30 hours.

btw they always take $30 to $39 for shipping, so buy in bulk and save. I have a whole sports bike i built only using parts from them.

They ship almost always or most of the time in under 48 hours, always! one time i got my rectifier in 18 hours.lol i was like WTF thats just too fast!

All these other Canadian online sites are ********!, slow delivery, over priced, and lack of product availability, the only advantage is free shipping or low cost shipping.

Canada is always 20 years behind every other developed country in these kinds of things.. sad but true.

Last edited:
I used to be sponsored by Motorcycle Superstore, i wouldn't buy motorcycle parts from anywhere else "price wise", i've even got a free part worth $200 without any hassle from the part manufacturer, did not even have to send my part back to them, they just contacted Motorcycle Superstore, who sent them my info, that i bought the part 9 months ago, and 1 week later i had a brand new part under the 1 year warranty. The part i bought was $180 with shipping everything originally, new one got it in 20 hours for free once paper work was done in a week... went to the canadian dealer part was $380 plus tax $400 something, one week or longer delivery, then id have to go to dealer to pick it up one hour away... FK that, USA for the win, Online shopping for the win! bike was up and running in 30 hours.

btw they always take $30 to $39 for shipping, so buy in bulk and save. I have a whole sports bike i built only using parts from them.

They ship almost always or most of the time in under 48 hours, always! one time i got my rectifier in 18 hours.lol i was like WTF thats just too fast!

All these other Canadian online sites are ********!, slow delivery, over priced, and lack of product availability, the only advantage is free shipping or low cost shipping.

Canada is always 20 years behind every other developed country in these kinds of things.. sad but true.

I've received several items from Canada's Motorcycle next day or the day after, depending on when I ordered, and the return policy is fantastic and just as quick.

Use CROSSBOARDERPICKUPS ... just got 2 helmets and no duty/shipping and brokerage fee. just paid tax and very small fee. Located in missisauga. never ship UPS... best case USPS... they usually do 5$ + tax... worst case they charge duty too depending on the item and amount..http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Canada/ is a good calculator. Best case tell the merchant to put the item as US made so theres no DUTY...

Whatever you do, NEVER buy from an online store that uses UPS. They have hidden extra costs that they expect you to cough up on delivery. Stick with USPS only!
have you tried Revzilla? Also, Canada's Motorcycle.com some of their prices very competitive
Amazon.com ships UPS. They pay the brokerage.

Just an FYI.

Most people don't know that you don't have to have UPS clear your packages and simply pay up.

Have UPS send you the commercial invoice and do it yourself. It takes 30 seconds at any CBSA office. I normally use the one on Dixie road.

When done, simply phone UPS and have them drop off the package at your home, office or where ever you would like to receive it.

I've had stuff shipped UPS for years and never paid them a cent :)

I've received several items from Canada's Motorcycle next day or the day after, depending on when I ordered, and the return policy is fantastic and just as quick.

+1. I've also had good luck with Canada's Motorcycle. Fast shipping and prices are reasonable.

Don't forget Tony and Bluestreak either. Even if he doesn't have an item listed on the site he can generally get it for you. Shipping is also very fast.

Back
Top Bottom