SOAR Round 3? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Round 3?

YellowDuck

Site Supporter
So, how did it go? I wanted to attend to spectate but had house guests to deal with instead.

Mini-report from anyone who was there? Were there wet qualifiers and races or did the weather cooperate? Anything especially exciting happen? Everyone safe?

Went off awesome. We managed all but endurance in dry Sat. Endurance had about 45min of rain out of the three hours. Races were great as usual. Maybe the biggest "news" would be Aubrey Bailey involved in a wreck Sat requiring a trip to see the doctor and sitting out the finals on Sunday which changed the points dynamic for the Expert classes and should make for a very interesting second half of the season. According to his mom he is going to be ok which is wonderful. The BBQ and band Sat night was a blast as it always is. The costumed pit bike race Sunday has to be seen to be believed (check out the pics on FB) so I would say the event went off very well and looking forward to round four.

Great to hear. It was raining quite a bit where I was so I was wondering about you guys.

Sorry to hear about Aubrey's crash.

Look forward to the results tables on the website. I'll check out the FB page - never knew there was one!

GB SOAR Wknd; the organizers did a great job of running the weekend with the heavy dark clouds coming and going thought the whole weekend. After the rain Saturday afternoon and overnight, the track used a big "sucker' truck to pick up alot of the standing water on the track and in the pits. Great Saturday night party with free food (BBQ sausage on a bun to kill for) and liquid refreshment. All with a great live band playing through the rain storm. parillaguy

Really sorry we missed it. One of my fav events of the year and we just couldn't attend. The pics are great, folks getting more creative with the pit bike race every year. Won't miss it next year.
And we're going to make it out for the Sept round. Kana has some pent up frustrations to get rid of and her Gixxer is just what the doc ordered. :)

Back
Top Bottom