Decline of group rides (quantity) and how do you cope with it? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Decline of group rides (quantity) and how do you cope with it?

I will be posting a ride or 2 this year.

Known by some

Can I bring my parrot?

Honestly, after having read through this thread, I get why they are less frequent and from both sides of the fence. At any rate, not worth the trouble to deal with either extremes; just make some friends or ride solo.

MacDoc, wanna do a group ride to the grocery store with me?

Ever since that SUV ran a dude over, I can see why. It makes cagers uneasy and only takes one idiot to get the popo on your ***. 6 or less seems like a good number imo, maybe even a bit high.

Its nice just going out on your own and riding your own pace sometimes. I was out for 5 hours yesterday and had a lot of fun even though I wasn't riding at my usual pace. I hadn't been on some of the roads yet this season so I was hesitant to go all out not knowing the road conditions. Forks was pretty good, Hockley was near perfect, after checking it out I did my second run pretty much at full blast on my 250 the whole way through (even at 160 it still feels too slow for that road). It was dead quite, only saw 3 bikes pass when I was stopped for a piss break at the little grocery store/cafe.

Well it's not surprising really, I left some group riders after people were doing 150+ and overtaking cars on a 2 lane road, and this was suppose to be a 125cc friendly ride too...lol. I don't ride a 125 but just saying, it wasn't safe imho

^^^ this

Personally I don't really understand the need people have to ride in groups. But that might be because I'm an asocial *******. :lmao:

Personally I don't really understand the need people have to ride in groups. But that might be because I'm an asocial *******. :lmao:

It's like never going into the ocean alone; at least there's always someone around to notice when you're gone.

It's like never going into the ocean alone; at least there's always someone around to notice when you're gone.

Like I said I'm asocial, I tend to not want people to know I even exist for the most part. Seriously I went to one of those meetups last year and while it was nice to see a ton of nice bikes, I felt uncomfortable as hell.

Like I said I'm asocial, I tend to not want people to know I even exist for the most part. Seriously I went to one of those meetups last year and while it was nice to see a ton of nice bikes, I felt uncomfortable as hell.

Ask how many people around here even know what I look like after being around since the early days of the site, and having ridden for 30 years in the GTA ;)

Were you the guy in the corner not saying a word? I thought you were a cop

He rode too fast or too slow? Explain. Also explain why is it a negative to NOT wear gloves and boots while riding a motorcycle? I only ride my sports bike with a t-shirt and jeans, if I have to wear a sweater that means riding season is over. I don't plan on riding like a kamikaze or stunting so I'll be okay, comfortable and free like a bird.

I could not imagine the terrible discomfort of riding in a sweater or even worse...a jacket!

Last edited:
Ask how many people around here even know what I look like after being around since the early days of the site, and having ridden for 30 years in the GTA ;)
He looks like this
246817.jpg

I like to hit as many charity rides as I can. There are usualy 1-2 per month and it's a nice calm ride for a great cause. I have a core group of guys I ride with and there is a little messing around but nothing crazy. If I am on the CBR I might go a little fast at some points but if I take the V-star or the Boulevard M-50 it's a nice cruise and zero B.S.

I used to enjoy the 30+ group rides but I find it's asking for trouble. We keep it to about 6 of us for most rides and it's mostly heading north away from traffic.

Back
Top Bottom