Labour day long weekend - Riding South to Pa, VA and WV | GTAMotorcycle.com

Labour day long weekend - Riding South to Pa, VA and WV

BlueVFR

Site Supporter
As the subject heading says. The plan is to leave either on Friday evening or Saturday earlier morning to beat the traffic at the boarder. Return on Monday. Some of us have Nexus passes so you will be on your own on the way back at the boarder crossing.

Limit seats to 6 due to the distance we will cover each day (we always ran late, even 3 people). People have been riding with me on long trips or known well will have priority.

Ride is weather permitting. I am not interested to ride 8 hours of twisted roads in the rain. If weather doesn't hold out for the whole long weekend, then we can just shorten the trip and do an over night down to PA or finger lake area.

If I'm in town I will go.

So far we have 4 people for this ride. last call if anyone is interested.

As the subject heading says. The plan is to leave either on Friday evening or Saturday earlier morning to beat the traffic at the boarder. Return on Monday. Some of us have Nexus passes so you will be on your own on the way back at the boarder crossing.

Limit seats to 6 due to the distance we will cover each day (we always ran late, even 3 people). People have been riding with me on long trips or known well will have priority.

Ride is weather permitting. I am not interested to ride 8 hours of twisted roads in the rain. If weather doesn't hold out for the whole long weekend, then we can just shorten the trip and do an over night down to PA or finger lake area.

I'd go Friday if you can - border at Peace Bridge will be hours and Lewiston is a write off with construction.
Maybe Niagara Falls would be a good option.

I'm hoping to have my Nexus card by the end of month.

If you do the Peace Bridge stay in the left lane then when it spreads out stay towards the middle booths as they are closer than far left.

Good luck.....we're doing Wolfe Island ferry - avoid it all :D

So far, we have

BlueVFR with Two friends.
Vrus
Schrader2
Boooya
Svs
Djez (not yet confirmed)

8 is the max number of riders I would like to have. Unless there is dropouts, this ride is closed.

Interested too

If everyone can leave on Friday evening, that would be great. We did that twice and stayed at Olen to beat the boarder lineup on Saturday morning. Here are the potential routes.

Saturday:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=S...&mra=dpe&mrsp=6&sz=10&via=1,2,3,4,5,6&t=m&z=7

Sunday:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=I...&mra=dme&mrsp=8&sz=10&via=1,2,3,4,6,7&t=m&z=8

I may reconsider staying at Harrisonburg instead of Winchester on Sunday as 684 km of twist is a very long day.

Monday

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=I...doflg=ptk&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=7&via=1,2&t=m&z=7

That Sunday route looks great but yeah .....684k of twists with multiple riders will be ....ahem...interesting day.

Total distance is about right for 3 days but damn that second day.

A Friday jump off make things easier and not just at the border plus you have to deal with US long weekend and possibly booked up motels.

Good luck. Weather looks okay so far.

684K is doable, and I know it is long. I actually done the similar loop with 250 and 33 just the two of us and made it back to Cumberland in the late evening. This is the reason I want to stay at Harrisonburg this time. Last year 3 of us headed out on 33 West from I81 and loop back through 28 and 250, skyline drive, and had dinner at Front Royal, ended up we didn't get back to Winchester hotel until 10:00PM!

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=I...k&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=9&via=1,2,3,4,5,6&t=m&z=9

Crossing the boarder at Peace Bridge shouldn't be a problem on Friday evening. I haven't crossed the Lewiston bridge for years. 3 of us have Nexus and this will help on the way back.

That Sunday route looks great but yeah .....684k of twists with multiple riders will be ....ahem...interesting day.

Total distance is about right for 3 days but damn that second day.

A Friday jump off make things easier and not just at the border plus you have to deal with US long weekend and possibly booked up motels.

Good luck. Weather looks okay so far.

684K is doable, and I know it is long. I actually done the similar loop with 250 and 33 just the two of us and made it back to Cumberland in the late evening. This is the reason I want to stay at Harrisonburg this time. Last year 3 of us headed out on 33 West from I81 and loop back through 28 and 250, skyline drive, and had dinner at Front Royal, ended up we didn't get back to Winchester hotel until 10:00PM!

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=I...k&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=9&via=1,2,3,4,5,6&t=m&z=9

Crossing the boarder at Peace Bridge shouldn't be a problem on Friday evening. I haven't crossed the Lewiston bridge for years. 3 of us have Nexus and this will help on the way back.

Thats a 1000km last day for me to get home lol.
Also depending on what time you gents leave friday I may have to meet up with you in Olean unless its an later eavening leave.

It is about a week. I just had mine back in July 24 and the card was here before the August long weekend for my NY trip.

Getting my Nexus interview this Thursday.
How long does it take to get t card after that?

Everyone is working on Friday so it will be meeting in Hamilton around 5:45PM and depart around 6:00PM. Hopefully we will get to Olean around 8:30 for dinner. If anyone wants to come after dinner and meet up before mid-night that's fine with me. Humphrey or Chapel Hill road is dark at night and it is better to get through when there is still day light (moon light is fine too).

I will update the meeting spot once everyone is confirmed for Friday.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Q...gIduGlS-w&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=14&via=1&t=m&z=12

Thats a 1000km last day for me to get home lol.
Also depending on what time you gents leave friday I may have to meet up with you in Olean unless its an later eavening leave.

Update:

BlueVFR with Two friends.
Schrader2
Boooya
Svs
Djez (not yet confirmed)

8 is the max number of riders I would like to have. Unless there is dropouts, this ride is closed.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom