Suzuki Gladius vs FZ6R vs Ninja650 vs GSX650F? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suzuki Gladius vs FZ6R vs Ninja650 vs GSX650F?

I own the GSX650F and love the smooth inline 4 over the v-twin of the gladius. The GSX will do long-distance travel no problem, but it's not a very popular bike so accessories/parts are not as widely available as I imagine they would be for the other bikes. The bike is pretty heavy too, which is the only thing I dislike about it.

Haven't ridden the Ninja or the FZ6R so can't offer opinions there.

This is what I meant^^ but I was pressed for time.;) IMHO I don't think there's a better midsized engine than the Suzuki 650 v-twin. The rest is easily fixable. Search for darkened Gladius's on bike specific forums.

Ok thanks I wasn't sure if it was a bad bike or not. I don't see a lot of them around but when I read about them it's usually a good review and comparable to other bikes. Alive mentioned before due to inseam I'm kind of limited in my choice of upgrades and the bikes on this list are also on my current research as I want to move up from my 250.

I own the GSX650F and love the smooth inline 4 over the v-twin of the gladius. The GSX will do long-distance travel no problem, but it's not a very popular bike so accessories/parts are not as widely available as I imagine they would be for the other bikes. The bike is pretty heavy too, which is the only thing I dislike about it.

Haven't ridden the Ninja or the FZ6R so can't offer opinions there.

I also prefer the in-line 4 which will give you the best comfort for long distance. Honda also have the CBF600 or try the NX700 (some love it, some hate it).

My first bike was a gsf650 and its a really great all rounder and it went across NA. The gsx650f design for me is really bad- why do they put air duct that leads to nowhere?

I can't offer an opinion on the other bikes. But I recently upgraded from a 250 to a Ninja 650r . The Ninja is a great bike. Plenty of power when neaded. Reasonably good handeling for a Sport Touring bike. Looks are an individual opinion, but I think out of all the bikes you mentioned , the Ninja looks the most modern and sporty to me. Lots of aftermarket upgrades available. (see ninja650shop). Not sure but I believe the Ninja was the lightest out of all the ones you listed. You can upgrade - modify the stock bars for a more sporty position if you prefer. Great reliabilty. The 2012 and up come with abs as an option. If you are concerned about seat height. You should go sit on one and not just go by the specs. They made the bike narrower where you sit , so that the reach to the ground would be more comfortable.
motorcycle .com did a comparison not to long ago.

good luck

Last edited:
Brampton Powersports is currently listing the FZ8 for $6,999. I'd pick it over anything on your list. Cheaper than the Gladius and GSX650, and equal in price to the FZ6R, but with more motor and better suspension. I don't know why the FZ8 is so heavily discounted but it's looking like a bargain.
http://www.bramptonpowersports.com/...MAHA-FZ8-0f135d4f40463812017d5d274829c42f.htm
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013-yamaha-fz8-review-unexpected-magic/

They put adjustable suspension on it now!!!!!! OP, you'd be retarded for not getting this FZ8 on sale... pretty much the same price & style as all the other bikes you posted (if buying new, that is). The new MT-09's are coming out, but they'll be $10k OTD.

AHHHHH I wish I had money, cuz I'd jump on this sale TODAY

They put adjustable suspension on it now!!!!!! OP, you'd be retarded for not getting this FZ8 on sale... pretty much the same price & style as all the other bikes you posted (if buying new, that is). The new MT-09's are coming out, but they'll be $10k OTD.

Wow, that's actually a good deal

Gladius.
It doesn't look like every other bike on the road.

Forget them. That FZ8 deal is insane. I wanted one before but found a GSX R750 cheaper on insurance and price.

Wow that is an amazing deal for a great bike.

Amazing Deal on the '13 FZ8.
I bought my slightly used '11 FZ8 early last year for ~$8K and change.
Love the bike! No Regrets!

I'd opt for either the Gladius or a used FZ6 (NOT the FZ6R). I owned an 07 GSF650 which the GSX650F is based on and although it's a great bike, it's a touch on the top heavy side.

You should ride an inline and a v-twin bike to see which ones you like more, OP. If you really like v-twins, get the Ninja... the Gladius is kinda fruity but if you really want that motor check out the SV650 (I think it has a slightly sportier riding position than the Ninja as well).
If you like inline, get the FZ6... better looking than the GSXF in my opinion.

Brampton Powersports is currently listing the FZ8 for $6,999. I'd pick it over anything on your list. Cheaper than the Gladius and GSX650, and equal in price to the FZ6R, but with more motor and better suspension. I don't know why the FZ8 is so heavily discounted but it's looking like a bargain.
http://www.bramptonpowersports.com/...MAHA-FZ8-0f135d4f40463812017d5d274829c42f.htm
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013-yamaha-fz8-review-unexpected-magic/

Wow. That's pretty amazing and it makes me feel bad for getting mine elsewhere a few months ago. It was $1,000 off and I thought I was getting a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom