Suzuki Gladius vs FZ6R vs Ninja650 vs GSX650F? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suzuki Gladius vs FZ6R vs Ninja650 vs GSX650F?

alanhung85

Currently in the market of a new 650 Sport Tourer since most of the companies are doing a clearance for their 2013 inventory. Can anyone chime in on the pro's and con's of each bike?

I was initially considering a ninja300 but coming from a 91 CBR400RR I didn't really want anything that is slower than that.

I do a mix of highway and city riding but majority of my commute to work will be on the DVP. I do enjoy weekend rides up north in the country roads though.

The bikes I am interested at are:

Suzuki Gladius SFV650
Suzuki GSX650F
Kawasaki Ninja650
Yamaha FZ6R

Thank you in advance!

The 2 last choives in your list are the best with me leaning towards the FZ6 because of better looks.

Gladius. Seriously.

To me, FZ6R or the Ninja 650. Both extremely good choices, they look great, sound great, ride great. I have a 2011 ninja 650 and riding this is very enjoyable, and has quite a bit of power too. I've also not had a problem maintaning the bike myself. Taking apart the bike to do some installations or fluid changes was extremely simple

Last edited:
⬆ +1. I currently own a 2011 FZ8 and when I saw that price last week it did cross my mind to swap for this deal just because its so sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's discounted cause the MT09 is coming out with more power and less weight and cheaper MSRP:)

Sport tourer? Suzuki gsx650 or the yamaha. Good protection against wind.

There are no bad bikes in the bunch but only one comes with a sweet v-twin. Does it look a little gay? Sure.

My wife has an 09 Gladius she bought last year in May as her first bike (and probably her only one for a while.) She put over 20,000 km on it last year including a nice trip we did down to the tail of the Dragon. It has been a great bike for her with absolutely no issues at all.

I wouldn't consider it a sport bike but more of a "Standard" bike. It does make for a great "sporty" toruring bike.

..Tom

I would suggest the fz6...i'm currently riding one and there's no shortage of power...not to mention under tail exhaust so nobody gets burned!

I second that. Really fun bike to ride.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When gladiolus first came out it was targeted towards metrosexual and gay. Seriously. The commercials were embarrassing and it totally ridiculed a good bike into poor sales. Think of it as a newer sv650.

Gladius. Seriously.

Am I missing something? Is the gladius a bad bike?

I don't think he ment it in a bad way.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When gladiolus first came out it was targeted towards metrosexual and gay. Seriously. The commercials were embarrassing and it totally ridiculed a good bike into poor sales. Think of it as a newer sv650.

This is what I meant^^ but I was pressed for time.;) IMHO I don't think there's a better midsized engine than the Suzuki 650 v-twin. The rest is easily fixable. Search for darkened Gladius's on bike specific forums.

Suzuki Gladius SFV650
Suzuki GSX650F
Kawasaki Ninja650
Yamaha FZ6R

when i was planning to move from the cbr250 those were some of the bikes i had in mind.
but going from top to bottom.
gladius. ok bike and almost went with it. abs good. naked? decided no
650f? too darn heavy
ninja ? (is what i got) fast. more upright (compared to cbr) abs = good.
fz6r - if it had abs i probably would have gone with that.

Back
Top Bottom