GB July 25. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GB July 25.

Why are there always so many DNS? Are those people who registered but didn't show? Didn't pass tech? Wadded their bikes (or themselves) earlier in the weekend?
People that crashed and totalled their bikes....

...just kidding

Mostly people that ran Round 1 or 2 and didn't show for 3 - For example I am DNS for round 2 this year because I crashed the Saturday and couldn't race the Sunday but mostly is people not showing up.

Yellowduck, go race and have fun. After practice set yourself a realistic goal and again, have fun. My times dropped 4.5 sec during the race compared to practice last weekend. Running more than one class for your first weekend might be a bit hectic, you'll get just as much practice but only one race. It doesn't sound like much but it's more than you think and easier to manage for your first time.

Thanks. It seems I would be reasonably competitive in Formula Femme. Do they take transgendered folk? I mean, that wasn't actually on my list of mods for the winter, but....

Seriously, those BOTT times do look almost possibly within the realm of the achievable, with some more practice. Maybe I'll safety wire some stuff in the off-season. And of course start shopping for a divorce lawyer.

It seems like to make a race weekend worthwhile, you need to be in a few classes at least. Clearly I would have my *** handed to me in either Old Boys or Rookie Challenge, but those seem the most obvious choices.

Why are there always so many DNS? Are those people who registered but didn't show? Didn't pass tech? Wadded their bikes (or themselves) earlier in the weekend?

No need for a divorce lawyer, you can do a weekend for as little $105, add another $80 if you want to ride another class. That would include some practice time Sat and Sun morning, heat race on Saturday and Sprint race on Sunday. If you run a BOTT type bike your tire spending won't cost that much. Cheaper than a trackday, and so much more fun.

Round 3 is this weekend, take a ride/drive out to GBM to get a taste for it.

Thanks. It seems I would be reasonably competitive in Formula Femme. Do they take transgendered folk? I mean, that wasn't actually on my list of mods for the winter, but....

Seriously, those BOTT times do look almost possibly within the realm of the achievable, with some more practice. Maybe I'll safety wire some stuff in the off-season. And of course start shopping for a divorce lawyer.

It seems like to make a race weekend worthwhile, you need to be in a few classes at least. Clearly I would have my *** handed to me in either Old Boys or Rookie Challenge, but those seem the most obvious choices.

IMO two classes is perfect.

Run BOTT light and heavy. You can run whatever class you want, you'll only get DQ'd if you get protested and I doubt you'll ruffle any feathers running a heavy bike in the light class (especially if you're not stealing podiums from someone) Perhaps, just to CYA, ask the guys riding in light if they'd care. If not, sign up.

IMO two classes is perfect.

Run BOTT light and heavy. You can run whatever class you want, you'll only get DQ'd if you get protested and I doubt you'll ruffle any feathers running a heavy bike in the light class (especially if you're not stealing podiums from someone) Perhaps, just to CYA, ask the guys riding in light if they'd care. If not, sign up.
My bike is BOTT LW. It's 1000 cc but is an air cooled 2-valver. In theory it should leave SV650s in its wake but theory and practice sometimes differ. LOL

the configuration on Thursday matches the SOAR race config for the wkd - Check the SOAR website but I beleive it is the Screaming Alien this coming weekend.

SOAR at GB on the 'screaming alien' configuration. Looking forward to a weekend when the clouds didn't turn ugly grey and make me take out my rain tires!
parillaguy

Are you ever going to fix your manly bike?

Road it to a second place last weekend on fabi, going in for some Dyno love tomorrow. Probably going up for sale at the end of the season but I may come to my senses before I do it.

Road it to a second place last weekend on fabi, going in for some Dyno love tomorrow. Probably going up for sale at the end of the season but I may come to my senses before I do it.

Chicks dig liter bikes. Write that down. Every time you race that 600, Sarah is sad. Keep the superbike for the sake of your marriage.

Chicks dig liter bikes. Write that down. Every time you race that 600, Sarah is sad. Keep the superbike for the sake of your marriage.

Don't worry it will be replaced with another if I can find the right one at the right time and price.

Back
Top Bottom