25 Days CO - UT - ID - MT - WY - SD | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

25 Days CO - UT - ID - MT - WY - SD

It doesn't really take balls to tour alone - just a little faith and a little luck :)

I did end up being hauled off the side of a mountain road in Vermont by ambulance on my first attempt on a long trip - low sided the bike and totaled it. So I don't take it lightly and I'm fully aware of the risks but I've put 120,000 accident free kilometers on the FZ1 since then - so I guess I should add a whole bunch of good judgment to that list - you know what those big boy mountain roads are like and I treat those switchbacks with every bit of respect they deserve.

Last edited:
It doesn't really take balls to tour alone - just a little faith and a little luck :)

I did end up being hauled off the side of a mountain road in Vermont by ambulance on my first attempt on a long trip - low sided the bike and totaled it. So I don't take it lightly and I'm fully aware of the risks but I've put 120,000 accident free kilometers on the FZ1 since then

The most memorable trips are the ones where something goes wrong, those are the stories you'll be telling later

The most memorable trips are the ones where something goes wrong, those are the stories you'll be telling later

Perfectly said.

Also the ones that have unusual encounters like my recent one with a black bear. Don't know who scared who more as we both had our feet on the ground, nothing between us but fresh air. Result was shaky pictures from 7 meters away. :) If a picture had turned out better I might get a tee shirt made with it on it.

+100,00 kms and no motorcycle incidents, never a mark on a bike, and no chicken strips either. Know your skill level and the bike's abilities, pick your spots, maintain your bike (some of which I freely taught Pearlzzzz and others). In my world that is what we do, help other bikers expecting nothing in return.

And I do not own a GPS as I consider them an extra item to carry but more importantly a big lets discover ...... Destroyer. It is about the freedom, exploring and discovering new stuff; often the unknown can completely enhance a ride (1 day or +20 days). Simply riding is the idea as it is therepeutic I find. Riding alone or with a compatable other rider (but many tend to mess that up, not everyone) is better than any day working for someone else.

Last edited:
I fergotta tellya. that did not work for me. my card was always refused.
m entered 90210 (and as in Beverly Hills), his was always excepted.

I fergotta tellya. that did not work for me. my card was always refused.
m entered 90210 (and as in Beverly Hills), his was always excepted.

You're right, the Victoria Secret card won't work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom