GoPro mount lacations | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro mount lacations

C-Fos

Have a GoPro that I was using for Wakeboarding and Snowboarding. Now that I have a bike, I'm thinking of mounting it, but not sure where's the best location.

Any suggestions from those who have mounted them to their bikes?

Think you spelt it wrong; it's lactations.

Whatever plastics you mount it to make sure they're secure otherwise your video will be nothing but wavy vibrations or a lot of jitter. I'm biased towards helmet mounts because if you're in the street the action isn't always where the camera is pointing but where you're looking.

Popular bike lactations:
- suctioned to the indent in your tank pointing forward through the windshield or up towards you
- adhered to your nose fairing pointing forward. Doesn't capture any of the bike though so it might as well be a video of you flying
- on the mirror bar (with the bar mount) pointing behind you
- on your subframe or passenger pegs pointing back (catches suspension and chain action)

You'll have to experiment. Watch a few youtube clips and once you find nice a nice perspective mount it there. Then post a nice video in the multimedia section for everyone to see :cool:

I use the seat post mount on the handlebars and crash bars. Next attempt will be to hang it from the passenger pegs!

For the past 3 years, I've always had a camera mounted to the right side of my helmet. Got pulled over for it a week or so back for the first time ever, no ticket fortunately as the cop was also a rider and personally supports helmet cams for security/insurance, but he had to warn me that it's technically a traffic law violation and if another cop was having a bad day, it'd be a ticket. (I have always known this, but it's not generally enforced.) The same goes for any kind of helmet "mod" that projects more than 10mm from the surface, so even things like the Scala headsets might technically be illegal, but I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for those (yet).

As a precaution, I don't ride with my helmet cam mounted in that area anymore, and I now have my secondary GoPro mounted just behind my windshield on the V-Strom, which gets a great view of the road/vehicles directly in front of me, but isn't particularly interesting from a vlogging/"my view" perspective. It's mostly there for safety/insurance purposes anyways, so it's still functional. I'm looking into running a dedicated miniUSB charging line to it so I can effectively use it as a dash-cam and just leave it on constantly while riding. If only the GoPro2 had a Car Mode to loop the video...

As TekNinja81 noted, the windshield facing you is the best angle for me. LOVE IT!

I usually go from Top Helmet facing forward, Windshield Facing me, Chest mount looking forward (of course) lol.

D

I've got a GoPro2, and I use the curved mount with and adhesive pad stuck right on my chin. It faces forward within inches of my eyes, catches my entire peripheral view, is out of sight, and doesn't hang off the side or top of my helmet.

Edit: Like this
IMG_25971.JPG

I've got a GoPro2, and I use the curved mount with and adhesive pad stuck right on my chin. It faces forward within inches of my eyes, catches my entire peripheral view, is out of sight, and doesn't hang off the side or top of my helmet.

Edit: Like this
IMG_25971.JPG

recently added a similar mount and that same night I did it ... almost caught this on cam! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEmbNiQqJc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOxk6IBQm3q-21X_MJYOMGA

nothing special but it was more so testing the mount, might flip the mount upside down though to be able to point the camera up a tad bit

The beauty of those adhesive mounts is there is no top it bottom. IMO its a good angle as is. You can see high enough to catch anything interesting, and low enough to get your dash and mirrors.

Thanks for the advice.

I've got one up front, just below the wind shield and one just behind the gas cap, on the tank.

I'll get some vids up soon.

I have a Ninja300 and have found a few places to put camera mounts. I prefer the RAM mounts because they are very flexible as far as what you can do with them (i.e. mount cameras, phones, GPS, etc). Attached are some images showing the locations...

Mirror mount on handlebar means camera moves with the bars.
unknown-button__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on chain guard bolt gives a nice view with rear tire in the pic.
ram-swingarm-rwd__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on custom mirror extender and is fixed with the bike (doesn't move with handlebars)
dscn1619__scaled_640.jpg

Last edited:

I have it on the chin bar as well:
[video=youtube;4MB0wycuLbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MB0wycuLbs[/video]

Look in the vendors section there is a case and ability to hard wire the GoPro to your bike it isn't cheap BUt everything remains waterproof. I have used it all summer this year and it is great with 2 32 GB cards i can record for about 8 hours no problem then at end of ride if nothing occurred. I just delete file right in the camera and go to go again.

The chin mount for those who have it is still a potential ticket not to mention in a collision camera is right in your face or even knocked off and loss, (meaning you no longer have your side of the collision recorded). I have two camera one mounted on the handlebar and one on a rear bar facing rear and the handlebar to the front. Both use ram mounts so no issue with vibration

For the past 3 years, I've always had a camera mounted to the right side of my helmet. Got pulled over for it a week or so back for the first time ever, no ticket fortunately as the cop was also a rider and personally supports helmet cams for security/insurance, but he had to warn me that it's technically a traffic law violation and if another cop was having a bad day, it'd be a ticket. (I have always known this, but it's not generally enforced.) The same goes for any kind of helmet "mod" that projects more than 10mm from the surface, so even things like the Scala headsets might technically be illegal, but I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for those (yet).

As a precaution, I don't ride with my helmet cam mounted in that area anymore, and I now have my secondary GoPro mounted just behind my windshield on the V-Strom, which gets a great view of the road/vehicles directly in front of me, but isn't particularly interesting from a vlogging/"my view" perspective. It's mostly there for safety/insurance purposes anyways, so it's still functional. I'm looking into running a dedicated miniUSB charging line to it so I can effectively use it as a dash-cam and just leave it on constantly while riding. If only the GoPro2 had a Car Mode to loop the video...

Back
Top Bottom