Shell Rotella T6 oil on Sale at Canadian Tire | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell Rotella T6 oil on Sale at Canadian Tire

I'm assuming this will be okay for my 09 600?

Currently i'm using Motul:
motul_7100_10w40_600.jpg

Will switching over to this cause an issue?

429277-20130627061446-shell-rotella-t-synthetic-diesel-5w40-motor-oil.jpg

I'm also a tad confused, why does it say: Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil, 5 L (is it safe for us since we use regular gosoline)

Also will it make a difference since it'll be 5W-40 instead of 10W-40. I have the habit of riding way below freezing temp during winter..and I usually ride around 5k - 7k rpm

Last edited:
Hm okay thanks, I don't like to cheap out. but this is like 1/3 the price of what i pay for the Motul..and u get 5L vs 4L. Also i get an additional 17% off the sale price (friends with benefits) which would cost around $27. Thanks for posting this OP :)

I'm running motul 5100 in my bike right now and it's fine so the 7100 will be just fine too. But I will be switching over to t6 now that my bike has reached the dealer recommended number of kms to switch to synthetic. I've read good things so I'll give it a try for 10K kms and see if I like it. I say give it a try and if you don't like the feel switch. It's not very expensive like $22 / jug in Buffalo. For that price it's cheap storage oil too haha.

Will be switching to this oil.. have read great things about it online any idea if it will be on sale again anytime soon?

Will be switching to this oil.. have read great things about it online any idea if it will be on sale again anytime soon?

I think its on sale right now at CT.

Oil is like tooth paste. Unless you're going to stop brushing your teeth why not buy it in bulk? I get the MotoMaster Diesel @ 20ltr. pail on sale cheap. I think the Shell comes in 18.9 ltr. but it's the same concept.

I think its on sale right now at CT.

Just came back from both stores since I was out and about.

Walmart has it for 37.99 5L ( assuming every day price)
Canadian tire 5L 42.99

Will pick some up in a few weeks in case I see a price change between now and then.

I hear a lot of guys use Rotella T6 and have no problems, but I always stick to Motul. currently using Motul 300v and I think it was $56 for 4L which is not that much

Their sale must have ended, I picked up 5L of Rotella T6 from CT for $34 on Wednesday. I've used it consistently in my bike, changed approx. every 6000km and have had absolutely no issues, even riding throughout the winter last year. It's cheap enough, JASO-MA rated, so I can't justify the premium for the motul or amsoil

Used to run Motul for years. Switched to T6 in both my bikes and found shifting was smoother for longer.

i bought some of this....not sure if its any good but for $12 and change it after 5 grand i cant see why it wouldnt

It meets JASO-MA and a lot of the track guys use it. I don't use it myself, but the specs are listed here

http://s02.static-shell.com/content...rotella/downloads/pdf/rotella-t6-brochure.pdf

Note that it doesn't say JASO-MA on the front of the container simly due to high licensing fees they charge to advertise the standard, but it does meet it.

I'm assuming this will be okay for my 09 600?

Currently i'm using Motul:
motul_7100_10w40_600.jpg

Will switching over to this cause an issue?

429277-20130627061446-shell-rotella-t-synthetic-diesel-5w40-motor-oil.jpg

I'm also a tad confused, why does it say: Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil, 5 L (is it safe for us since we use regular gosoline)

Also will it make a difference since it'll be 5W-40 instead of 10W-40. I have the habit of riding way below freezing temp during winter..and I usually ride around 5k - 7k rpm

It bears pointing out that a manufacturer saying the oil is expected to meet a certification such as JASO-MA is not the same as actually having the certification.

T6 is the only oil that has been commented on by others as not being desirable for my specific bike as apparently it makes the clutch "grabby".

Here is a list of oils that actually do have a JASO-MA certification for real: http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/4T_EV_LIST.pdf

Back
Top Bottom