Shell Rotella T6 oil on Sale at Canadian Tire | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell Rotella T6 oil on Sale at Canadian Tire

palanski

For those who know about Rotella, this is a great sale: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/EngineOil/DieselOil/PRD~0287935P/Shell+Rotella+T6+Synthetic+Diesel+Motor+Oil%2C+5+L.jsp?locale=en

For those that don't, Shell's Rotella T6 is a fully synthetic oil that is fully JASO-MA certified for wet-clutch motorcycle systems. It is never advertised as such, so there is considerable savings to be had alongside excellent quality oil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_Rotella_T http://www.shell.com/rotella/products/t6.html

Anyway, pick it up while it's on sale!

Last edited:
I don't know why I can't link to the goddamn page correctly. It seems that whatever link CanadianTire creates doesn't redirect once you try to access the page from outside its site.

Bleh.

I don't know why I can't link to the goddamn page correctly. It seems that whatever link CanadianTire creates doesn't redirect once you try to access the page from outside its site.

Bleh.

You need to choose your local store first........differential regional pricing

i thought the rotella dino (regular t) is not good for wet clutch? :confused: or something along the lines that it doesn't meet the standards to be used for wet clutch?!

Thanks for the post

Rotella T6 is perfect if you just ride normal, its definately recommended if you want to save money, student, have short oil change intervals.

But having used nearly all kinds of oils, when it comes to everyday stuff that is easy to get and performs best in harsh environments, i have to say your best bet is to stick with Motul....This french stuff is amazing for all you stunters, wheelie abusers, track racers, and high revving goons.

But if you ride normal Rotella T6 is better price wise and for long engine life performance under normal abuse.

I used Rotella T6 for a long time and never had any engine problems, but the difference for me in Motul sythetic is worth the extra price, bike runs like butter even after hours of abuse. For the price Motul is the best and cheapest out of all the expensive oils, Rotella T6 is best from all other normal oils and is also a motorcycle valid oil.

The difference is how my bike feels not that either oil will last the engine longer etc.... i just like the smootheness of motul for a bike that is ran hard all the time.

Both the dino and synth Rotella oils are JASO-MA cerified . Just look on the back of the jug . I remember reading an oil analysis of the T6 vs. way more expensive motorcycle oils and it outperformed many and was equal to the rest . Simply a great product . I can afford the others , but still use both Rotella's .

Last edited:
I have my roadrace FZR400 engine apart right now due to a broken gear (not a lubrication failure). I've been using Rotella T6 in that engine for the last few years. Based on the lack of visible wear ... I'll continue to use it, no worries. Cylinder walls, main bearings, camshafts, valve lifters are all in great shape.

I use T6 in every bike I own, street or race, regardless of manufacturers reccommendations.
Ninja 250, Xr200, YZF, R6, Fireblade, KTM 950 twin......works perfect in all of them, my work truck and motorhome too!

Most sport bikes uses 10w - 40 correct? I imagine you shouldn't be using this in such bikes (I ride an 08 GSXR)

I ran it in my GSXR for yrs.
It runs like a raped ape still- the new owner told me that today, even though I haven't owned it for 3 yrs now. Methinks the T6 didn't do it any harm,LOL

Most sport bikes uses 10w - 40 correct? I imagine you shouldn't be using this in such bikes (I ride an 08 GSXR)

My bike specs 10W40, been using T6 for probably the past 80k km or so. Still humming along.

for the t6 5w-40 users, you guys/gals use this for the whole year?

i see there's only two grades available for the t6, 5w-40 and 0w-40. and only 15w-40 for the regular t.

5:12

I use the same oil, same grade, in every bike, all of the time.
Have ridden hundreds of thousands of kms, in all types of weather.
I have been using T6 for the better part of the last decade.....ever since WalMart and Cdn Tire have been putting it on sale. Before that I would use Mobil 1, red cap car oil......it's ok for wet clutches too.

My bike specs 10W40, been using T6 for probably the past 80k km or so. Still humming along.

for the t6 5w-40 users, you guys/gals use this for the whole year?

i see there's only two grades available for the t6, 5w-40 and 0w-40. and only 15w-40 for the regular t.

5:12

There's no difference between 0W-40,10W40,15W40 as long as you guys are not riding your bikes in the dead of winter

so go ahead...use the synthetic:p

Back
Top Bottom