anyone trade up from a Ninja 250r to a Suzuki DRZ400SM? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone trade up from a Ninja 250r to a Suzuki DRZ400SM?

dont bother with the jetting do yourself a favour and get an FCR carb jetting the bike dosent do as much as you think

Not disagreeing at all with your advice, the FCR would be a lot better choice. But, I just don't want to be forking out the extra cost right now.

might have had a few beers by the time of that post lol should have been more descriptive. I did the jet kit in mine and while I did notice a decent power gain I ended up buying the carb. Thumper talk had it on sale best decision I have ever made regarding my bike. If you have not bought the jet kit now I have the whole kit sitting in my garage $50 and it comes with a free 36mm BSR carb.

might have had a few beers by the time of that post lol should have been more descriptive. I did the jet kit in mine and while I did notice a decent power gain I ended up buying the carb. Thumper talk had it on sale best decision I have ever made regarding my bike. If you have not bought the jet kit now I have the whole kit sitting in my garage $50 and it comes with a free 36mm BSR carb.

Nope already all bought, I have EVERYTHING ready to go for this mod. Honestly, I find even my stock DRZ ballys enough compared to my old 250. It's not about top end for me (right now), this thing just has torque. Sure not as much as say a 450 but still good for me:D.

If you think the stock DR-Z has power you'd crap yourself on a 450 lol

I ride a 450 everytime I go tracking. It's a lot more ballzy but going from my old 250 to the 400 I noticed it has a lot more torque and just more nimble. Just trying to make a point:p

If you think the stock DR-Z has power you'd crap yourself on a 450 lol

I have an RMZ all motarded out I wish I could use it on the road legally. It has so much power and is way to fun to ride. That being said I would have done like 20 oil changes this summer already. The only downside I can find to it is the stupid grin I get on my face while riding it leads to a bad case of cotton mouth lol.

Back
Top Bottom