Careful of kijiji mechanic | GTAMotorcycle.com

Careful of kijiji mechanic

mc-hustler

I'm a brand new rider and decided to get a vintage bike. I found a mechanic on kijiji who specializes in vintage bikes. He goes by clockwork cycle, but didn't have a shop, just works in his garage. He was the most unprofessional unreliable person I have ever met.

Everything he claimed he would do when he first picked up the bike, he barely did. All that seems new are tires and spark plugs. The day after he returned the bike and I paid him, it kept braking down. Alway stalling when idle, all lights stopped.working, chugging.... The bike is a 1972 t250.

If any professional reliable mechanics that specialize in vintage bikes please help. Also, if anyone knows where to get parts for the bike and know what type of battery is best suited for my bike.
Thanks!

Go see Glen at Flying Squirrel Motorcycle about parts and batteries. He may be able to recommend a vintage mechanic as can supply vintage parts. You can find some reviews of his shop on this site.

Yup, get rid of that bike for now and get yourself something reliable, common and easy to work on like EX500 or SV650. Or learn how to wrench.

... Unless you have money to blow. And if you do, there are new bikes made to resemble vintage ones. Like the Thruxton for example.

Old bikes are notorious for brutal electrical wiring and systems.

I'm a brand new rider and decided to get a vintage bike. I found a mechanic on kijiji who specializes in vintage bikes. He goes by clockwork cycle, but didn't have a shop, just works in his garage. He was the most unprofessional unreliable person I have ever met.

Everything he claimed he would do when he first picked up the bike, he barely did. All that seems new are tires and spark plugs. The day after he returned the bike and I paid him, it kept braking down. Alway stalling when idle, all lights stopped.working, chugging.... The bike is a 1972 t250.

If any professional reliable mechanics that specialize in vintage bikes please help. Also, if anyone knows where to get parts for the bike and know what type of battery is best suited for my bike.
Thanks!

hey i feel for you and know exactly how you feel about that shady father n son scum.
theres one mech. by name jeff at 416 7712770. you can also check his website at wingnut.com he is dwntwn toronto all the best,
he is a must see person and is aware of the other two scum bags.

Hi all. I too am looking for a vintage bike mechanic for some carb work on my 69 CB350 and found an ad on kijiji that sounds familiar to the one you complained about.

Can you tell me if you think this is the same mechanic? Here's the link to the ad.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...ustom-Motorcycle-Mechanics-W0QQAdIdZ558717745

Any thoughts or other recommendations would be appreciated. I'm located in North York.

Many thanks.

j

yes this father and son team are nothing but con artist who will just ripp u off!
much better fellow would be forget his name but his number is here 647 7712770 or just check him on wingnut dot com.

Hi all. I too am looking for a vintage bike mechanic for some carb work on my 69 CB350 and found an ad on kijiji that sounds familiar to the one you complained about.

Can you tell me if you think this is the same mechanic? Here's the link to the ad.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...ustom-Motorcycle-Mechanics-W0QQAdIdZ558717745

Any thoughts or other recommendations would be appreciated. I'm located in North York.

Many thanks.

j

Give me your carbs. I promise you'll be happy when You get then back. Shoot me a PM D: dun dun dun!

Many thanks.

j

I have my vintage honda with Adrian @ Ace Moto Tech - He's got one too! His work is meticulous.. read the thread:
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ustomer-Recommendation&highlight=ace+mototech

Thanks all. Durham is a bit far for me... However I'm in touch with Jeff at The Local Wingnut that TC Moto kindly recommended. I'm in North York. I'll report back!

I don't believe mechanic praise-ups on public media including forums.
I need to talk to people who he has done work for and see the work close-up in person plus his shop.
Lots of BSers in every profession on the internet who'll rip you off if you don't do your due diligence and check them out.
Don't rush into things on impulse. Do your homework.

I've seen his ads on Craigslist as well. I was curious about his vintage bike lineup and decided to google out his company, and this thread showed up in the search. Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to avoid clockwork cycles.

Back
Top Bottom