Stopped at 190km/hr bike impounded license suspended | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stopped at 190km/hr bike impounded license suspended

It's a pity how much of the old stuff is so hard to search. We had some good debates over just that. MANY of them.

I just use Google to search the forum and can find all kinds of old threads.

and to make it funnier at the end he says come to the court i'll help you since you stopped.... im not sure i shouldve told me him ye i shouldnt have stopped or for thanking him that he was nice to tell me this, after giving me those tickets in hand...

the cop ain't gonna help you out. i got a ticket going 69 on a 50. when handed me a ticket, he said the same thing. Court day came, i went to talk to him, he says he is too busy and can't talk to me. i got an adjournment because he didn't provide disclosure I asked for. Tried talking to him after court and he said he can't talk to me... don't believe what they tell you, they all crooks. they are nothing more than 80,000/yr speed enforcement.

the cop ain't gonna help you out. i got a ticket going 69 on a 50. when handed me a ticket, he said the same thing. Court day came, i went to talk to him, he says he is too busy and can't talk to me. i got an adjournment because he didn't provide disclosure I asked for. Tried talking to him after court and he said he can't talk to me... don't believe what they tell you, they all crooks. they are nothing more than 80,000/yr speed enforcement.

^^This.
They will lie in court if they have to. Trust me.

It seems to be the standard line all coppers hand out with the ticket. The only person you can talk to at the court is the prosecutor - the cop won't talk with you and it wouldn't matter if they did. ONce it's in court, the prosecutor has control. I suspect they use this line to encourage you to go to court so that they get overtime for attendance.

HTA 172 is a game changer for me. I got stopped a month or so ago on Highway 7. I wasn't speeding (much, maybe 10 over, not enough to attract attention) so when I got lit up I figured what's the harm in stopping? Turns out cop was gonna nail me for stunting because I had weaved several times, in my lane. I explained I was cleaning my tires off after coming out of a parking lot and he was clueless. Turns out he rides a cruiser and has no idea that a rider might want to lean their bike over for any reason. Anyway, point is that if I thought I was at risk of a stunting charge, I wouldn't have been stopping. Now I will be thinking I am at risk of a stunting charge any time I get lit up because they can use stunting for anything.

Also interesting that the cop didn't expect me to stop seeing as I was riding a sport bike. Kind of makes me wonder just how often people run.

Cops told me same thing too. Advised me to take it to court. Guess he needed o/t. I haven't been stopped once since I've been in Calgary the last 3 years. In Toronto I'd get stopped many times sometimes with 20 over tickets sometimes with just a warning.

Also interesting that the cop didn't expect me to stop seeing as I was riding a sport bike. Kind of makes me wonder just how often people run.

They just want to see you run. Kind of like when kids chase a flock of birds sitting around in a field. They know they're not going to catch you, but if they do, you usually end up getting hurt bad (or in this case a big ticket).

I've seen 2 instances first hand of groups of motorcyclists running away between hwy 7 & Yonge and hwy 7 & Center st cause of a cop sitting at that long downhill with that tai kwan do place near Yonge.

Last edited:
It seems to be the standard line all coppers hand out with the ticket. The only person you can talk to at the court is the prosecutor - the cop won't talk with you and it wouldn't matter if they did. ONce it's in court, the prosecutor has control. I suspect they use this line to encourage you to go to court so that they get overtime for attendance.

HTA 172 is a game changer for me. I got stopped a month or so ago on Highway 7. I wasn't speeding (much, maybe 10 over, not enough to attract attention) so when I got lit up I figured what's the harm in stopping? Turns out cop was gonna nail me for stunting because I had weaved several times, in my lane. I explained I was cleaning my tires off after coming out of a parking lot and he was clueless. Turns out he rides a cruiser and has no idea that a rider might want to lean their bike over for any reason. Anyway, point is that if I thought I was at risk of a stunting charge, I wouldn't have been stopping. Now I will be thinking I am at risk of a stunting charge any time I get lit up because they can use stunting for anything.

I pretty much realised that if I'll get nailed on the bike.......lisence is gone.

I think you should google that shirt "Cops Lie".lol ....people just don't get it, they will NEVER meet a Good Cop, because those cops never bother you. The one's that light you up are all in it for the paycheck!

^^This.
They will lie in court if they have to. Trust me.

I've had cops in the past, purposely provoke a chase, and then ticket me, by pretending to be a drunk driver in a normal car, then chase you, scare you, then finally reveal them selves as cops, i was too young to know any better what they did was ILLEGAL....that was my breaking point, in trusting anyone else except myself. And the funny thing was, i was all legit, insurance, tags, license...they just figured a brand new bike, young guy riding 12am in a rich area...that i was a crook....i saw the female cop involved when i had crashed because they would not stop chasing me till my front lawn, she had that look on her face, the type you get when you murder somone by accident, and i ran into that same cop many times after they never ever ****ed with me again, the cops tryed that same technique onces a year later, this time i pulled over and he saw me and i saw him he instantly recognised who i was, i even gave him a dirty look and spit on the ground, he quickly sped off... saw the same cop again at a canadian tire with my new bike at the time, again he recognised me and sat in his car, by the time i came back he dipped.

Probably not often, the only people that run, are people who know they are out for just a ride to have fun, and do wheelies, and stunts, and know if they stop they are loosing everything, the other types that run also are those late night ghost rider types, the ones who ride all black bikes and gear, those guys never stop & off duty cops on sport bikes, they never stop either because if they do their loosing their job.

for every one else, they get screwed because they are commuter riders, they have no option but to stop, if you are a commuter like i was for the past 5 years, over time even small ******** tickets add up for no reason, thats why i quit commuting on my bikes, hanging out with friends on bikes and so on, i've realised this country is not the place to do these kinds of things. I'm waiting to see when the ratio drops so low for bikes and car charges that what rediculouse **** they come up with to charge people money just to keep their expensive brand new cars, suv's, salaries, buildings, weapons up to date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom