Stopped at 190km/hr bike impounded license suspended | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stopped at 190km/hr bike impounded license suspended

Hello fellow riders,

Friday late night my Repsol was impounded at 190km/hr. Yes I pulled over myself and officer was pretty ****** off but later cooled down after he has issued the ticket for careless driving and stunt driving. Bike was impounded and at Steve's Towing Services. Anyone has suggestion how to fight the ticket or suggestion for a good lawyer. Thank you!

Here is a thread that might interest you... http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...or-OTT-legal&highlight=redline+legal+services

Quite a few people on this board have very positive things to say about Redline Legal Services ... here is their website - http://www.redlinelegalservices.ca/

As if the Stunting charge wasn't bad enough... here is some info about where a Careless Driving charge could lead... http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-s...ing-charge-could-total-your-ability-to-drive/

Lawyer up and Good luck!

Hello fellow riders,

Friday late night my Repsol was impounded at 190km/hr. Yes I pulled over myself and officer was pretty ****** off but later cooled down after he has issued the ticket for careless driving and stunt driving. Bike was impounded and at Steve's Towing Services. Anyone has suggestion how to fight the ticket or suggestion for a good lawyer. Thank you!

Skipping the part of the story where you admit doing anything wrong, can you run us thru what happened? Like from the moment you noticed the officer behind you?

I don't get why cops pull people over for speeding for a few seconds to pass someone or just to get away from general traffic/tailgaters. If someone's sustaining 190 km/h for say 10 seconds+, OK I can see that as a safety hazard. IF there's nobody in front of you, and you just wanna see how hard your bike can go...really?

Hope you get some leniency, or your lawyer does a good job OP. It sucks how a few seconds of a bad decision can REALLY put a damper on your life for years (especially when it doesn't involce doing something inherently bad)

I have used Redline (Forch) in the past and they are excellent. 5 star rating. IF you want them to fight it out, they WILL fight it out tooth and nail I can assure you.

If Redline is out of your price range PM me for my ticket guy's info. Redline is acknowledged as "the best" but they charge for it too. (I know Redline sponsors the forum and don't wanna step on their toes).

Read the rules for this section in the forum sticky.

As Cruisngrrl posted, read the 'Rules' sticky post.

Please post a link to the "Rules" sticky post. I cannot find anything relevant and I am curious to know why my post was deleted for asking the OP to tell us what happend without admitting guilt.

I cannot correct my error without knowing what it was I did incorrectly.

Last edited:
Please post a link to the "Rules" sticky post. I cannot find anything relevant and I am curious to know why my post was deleted for asking the OP to tell us what happend without admitting guilt.

I cannot correct my error without knowing what it was I did incorrectly.

In the sticky area of this sub-forum:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?126966-Things-to-assume-when-posting-here

Unfortunately I was mistaken in deleting your post and it just got caught up in the mass clean-up, so it has been restored.

In the sticky area of this sub-forum:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?126966-Things-to-assume-when-posting-here

Unfortunately I was mistaken in deleting your post and it just got caught up in the mass clean-up, so it has been restored.

As Cruisngrrl posted, read the 'Rules' sticky post.

Perhaps re title that to Rules instead of Things to assume. Especially since you reference it as the rules of the subforum.

This is not meant to be stirring the pot. As I was also unclear what you meant when you said to check the rules. I am 100% in support of the rules as this sub used to be full of "Pay up" types of posts.

Perhaps re title that to Rules instead of Things to assume. Especially since you reference it as the rules of the subforum.

This is not meant to be stirring the pot. As I was also unclear what you meant when you said to check the rules. I am 100% in support of the rules as this sub used to be full of "Pay up" types of posts.

Title updated.

So my third try (second one was genuine, maybe I'm up for a ban? :thumbup: )

OP did you ask the nice police man/woman to see the radar? Did they show it to you? Asking and being refused can be grounds for the ticket being thrown out. Been there, done that and I'm glad I knew enough to ask.

So my third try (second one was genuine, maybe I'm up for a ban? :thumbup: )

OP did you ask the nice police man/woman to see the radar? Did they show it to you? Asking and being refused can be grounds for the ticket being thrown out. Been there, done that and I'm glad I knew enough to ask.

Police are under no obligation to show you the RADAR readout.

Well when I asked (this was years and years ago) and was refused I went to court and it was thrown out because I admitted to doing 15 over which I was and the cop said I was doing 25 over yet he was parked on the other side of the road looking down when I passed him. The jop threw it out.

Well these days you get the information at time of disclosure and the cop doesn't need to show you anything, at the roadside. Pressuring him for it could turn a warning or reduced charge, into a full pop ticket. More than likely, in your case, the cop showed some equivocation under examination and the JP figured that if he isn't sure about the situation, then the charge couldn't be supported.

Well when I asked (this was years and years ago) and was refused I went to court and it was thrown out because I admitted to doing 15 over which I was and the cop said I was doing 25 over yet he was parked on the other side of the road looking down when I passed him. The jop threw it out.

That would be an easy conviction now. You were charged with speeding and admitted to speeding in court. Guilty, next. Never admit to breaking any laws, make the police/prosecutors work for it.

Yikes. 190 km/h is no joke.

Hope you get it sorted.. please post up the process/ results for others to follow.

I can't imagine anyone else stopping when you have a 190 km/h lead, especially with 1000cc's at disposal.

Back
Top Bottom