Motorcycle Roads in Muskoka, Parry Sound, Loring-Restoule Area | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Roads in Muskoka, Parry Sound, Loring-Restoule Area

Kenisis is smooth and twisty. Only drawback is there are no paved routes out (that I could find) so you have to double back to the main road.

Watts has some nice elevation changes and tight twists but the west side of the loop is blown out and sandy. The other half of the fresh pavement and fantastic. Now they just need to finish resurfacing the entire road. Beware the entry to the loop from Kenisis is a sand and gravel pit.
If Watts Trail was fully paved and clean all the time, it would be one of the best technical roads in the province. I was on it a few years ago in October and by then it was really clean. I generally save that road for the end of the season when the sand has fully washed off. It can also be slippery in the early morning when the dew is still on the roads.
Great info!!
Shane, I have been picking your brain by lurking threads like this for ages. Thanks. :thumbleft:
I am going to check out that Buck Lake pull off. (It is just before the lawn silhouette of the guy holding the flag that I wave to.) LOL
I usually run Ravenscliffe southbound so as I approach the pull off, it's really easy to spot, because it's like a fork in the road. Heading northbound, it's really easy to miss because there are some trees that block the entrance if you are not looking for it. I don't recall any lawn silhouette though... The pull off is just a dead end street a few hundred meters long that runs adjacent to the lake. It's just a place to enjoy a nice view and take a break. This pic was taken a few yrs ago.
DSCN4580-L.jpg

Last edited:
well then i guess I pass by it all the time, because that is just before the turn off. I'll have to keep a look out for it next time.

If Watts Trail was fully paved and clean all the time, it would be one of the best technical roads in the province. I was on it a few years ago in October and by then it was really clean. I generally save that road for the end of the season when the sand has fully washed off. It can also be slippery in the early morning when the dew is still on the roads.

I was at Watts today and I agree, if they would re-pave the whole thing it would be amazing. While I was there they were sweeping the street so most of the sand is gone.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I was camping at Port Sydney this weekend and used the suggestions here to have a blast! I ended up riding around 141 (awesome fun!), Route 632 (amazing for the most part, hard pack gravel near the end), Hwy 117+Hwy 2+Hwy10 Loop (holy **** I had fun on this one!), South Bay Rd (under construction so sucked but I can't wait to run it with new asphalt!), Upper Big Chute (Great in the middle near the locks, horribly cracked before the locks (going NB)), 35 to Dorset (wow wow wow...just watch your gas. And finally 45 b/w Norland and 169 was pretty fun too! Shanty Bay Rd is nice BUT low speed limit (60kph) but nice relaxing sweepers throughout. Shane...thanks for the maps I used those as my main source. I think I'll be going back there soon and do a few more runs.

Anyone here been on Clear Lake Rd? It seems to be what the 520 turns into, west of the bunny trail and I'm headed up that way tomorrow morning? Wondering if it's paved or not as I'm going with a guy on a VFR and he may not want gravel.
http://goo.gl/maps/Gl5Lw

The link I posted doesn't want to work. If you go to "classic view" of google maps you can pull up Clear Lake and drop down into it for street view......it isn't paved.

Back
Top Bottom