Route for 3 day trip through upstate New York/Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine | GTAMotorcycle.com

Route for 3 day trip through upstate New York/Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine

regder

Site Supporter
I had a decent route that I did years ago but I can't find it anywhere. Thinking two days to get to the coast on nice roads and then bomb the interstate to get home in one day.

Definitely want to stop at Mount Washington, everything else is in the air.

Any ideas?

I just came back from Nova Scotia last week and took all roads through the states. The nicest is to go through the Adirondacks, I like to stop in Old Forge, on the western side and work my way through to Essex Twn where you can take a ferry across to Burlington Vermont. From there just keep heading east. I mapped it out with Basecamp, there was some interstate when getting out of Burlington, but that soon changed to nice country roads for pretty much the entire way till mid Maine when it became one long boring interstate to the NB border.

I had a decent route that I did years ago but I can't find it anywhere. Thinking two days to get to the coast on nice roads and then bomb the interstate to get home in one day.

Definitely want to stop at Mount Washington, everything else is in the air.

Any ideas?

Vermont Route 17 & 100
New Hampshire Route 112

Last edited:
1,205 km, 16 hours 24 mins
NH-16 S and ME-113 S

So this is day 1? What about your other 2 days? I am hoping to go to Killington VT and roads thereabouts, but not 1,205km in one day.:salute:

1,205 km, 16 hours 24 mins
NH-16 S and ME-113 S

So this is day 1? What about your other 2 days? I am hoping to go to Killington VT and roads thereabouts, but not 1,205km in one day.:salute:

Nah, that was split into two days. I'm actually in Portland, ME right now waiting for breakfast/lunch.

Hopefully I'm doing this starting Saturday: http://goo.gl/maps/vUkGR

Take a look at Day 4 where I'll ride through Vermont's Six Gaps. You might want to include that portion into your trip.

Got the idea here: Six Gaps of Vermont just tweaked the path a little to suite me.

Take a look at Day 4 where I'll ride through Vermont's Six Gaps. You might want to include that portion into your trip.

Got the idea here: Six Gaps of Vermont just tweaked the path a little to suite me.

Nice route. I did Appalachian Gap and it was awesome, in some of the corners the road is a bit rough though so take it easy. Try to add Tracy Rd, west of Witherbee NY into your route, you're pretty much there. Amazing road. Unbelievably smooth corners and even on a sunny Sunday there was zero traffic.

May want to try to include Smuggler's Notch in northern Vermont as well. I have it in my route, but ended up skipping it due to rain and time. Supposed to be nice, but I haven't ridden it yet.

Nice route. I did Appalachian Gap and it was awesome, in some of the corners the road is a bit rough though so take it easy. Try to add Tracy Rd, west of Witherbee NY into your route, you're pretty much there. Amazing road. Unbelievably smooth corners and even on a sunny Sunday there was zero traffic.

May want to try to include Smuggler's Notch in northern Vermont as well. I have it in my route, but ended up skipping it due to rain and time. Supposed to be nice, but I haven't ridden it yet.

Thanks for the ideas! I changed my plans for Day 5 to include both of them. They look awesome and I'll be right there, so there is no reason not to include these roads. I checked Smuggler's Notch on Google Streetview, it looks fairly tight at some spots. I'll have my "support crew" (wife, kids) following me, hope they'll make it through without problems. That road seems a little tight for two-way traffic.

Those look like some of the roads I will be on. It looks like it would be nice and quiet (traffic wise) so here's hoping!

Thanks for the idea! I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" the route to plan something for the Aug long week-end.
:hello1:

Thanks for the idea! I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" the route to plan something for the Aug long week-end.
:hello1:

No, I don't mind, of course. I'm glad if I could help!

Leaving the day after tomorrow... Helmet is wired now for the GMRS radio so my wife can yell at me anytime. :)

Back
Top Bottom