Princess Auto Saddle Bags | GTAMotorcycle.com

Princess Auto Saddle Bags

Dave L

I thought I would post up a little review of the $35.00 Princess Auto Saddle bags http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Motorcycle/Motorcycle-Saddle-Bag/8265175.p For $35 I figured I couldnt go wrong.

I had used these bags a few times bringing my lunch to work and a few light things and they performed fine. A buckle did break when I cinched them down too tightly but I made plans to replace the buckle with a better quality buckle from MEC. In the mean time I had just used some tie wraps.

I took an overnight trip to Algonquin park this week so I loaded the bags up with my camping gear, the bags were loaded but its not as if I was transporting bricks so I wouldnt have considered the weight too much. This was their first real use. I took off with my GPS set to avoid highways and I was able to get down some great windy gravel roads, a non maintained road and finally a snowmobile track (being alone and faced with a 40 foot water crossing I rerouted) Somewhere along the line, possibly over the crests on the non maintained road one, of the two, main straps pulled away, the stitching had pulled out. I had to use some rope to tie up the bags so they wouldnt flop around or even loose one. This also left me more or less sitting on the hard plastic handles which isnt exactly comfortable.

So overall the buckles are crap and the stitching didnt hold up. The zippers appear okay and the actually bags seemed fine. I did read a number of positive review elsewhere on the motorcycle forums but for me they didnt hold up for even a few days use.

Last edited:
I bought these bags almost 4 years ago, they are still in good condition. I gave them to my mom this season (I guess shes having a midlife crisis) for her bike that she just bought as she wanted saddle bags and I no longer had a need for them (got a tank bag). No issues what so ever with them yet and I've loaded them up with all sorts of crap. I think I paid like 20 bucks for them. Considering the cost of these I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Back
Top Bottom