beer and sleep in PA | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

beer and sleep in PA

One thing to note - you are unlikely to have cell coverage on the better roads like 44/144 and south of Renovo it's easy to get turned around as it's a tangle.

Maps are only useful if you actually know where you are :D

if you are counting on a smart phone get an offline app with maps....44/144 is a must do both north and south of Renovo and Renovo is a decent lunch stop at Yesterdays but don't stay there :D

Thanks. I meant I will look up the locations people mentioned and where the lodgings are located.

Yeah, rode the 44/144 from sth to north previously.. it was my favourite route last time when I was riding a larger bike. I use a Garmin 660 for road mapping so that's usually no problem compared to cellular locating devices.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If u stay in Emporium at the Buttonwood Motel - They have a restaurant built right in and you can bring your own booze in the restaurant and drink with your dinner. Food is excellent and cheap.

Stayed in St.Marys at the Best Western .Beer store walking distance . Pool at the hotel if you travel in the summer .Lot`s of good roads near buy .

Williamsport was a pretty cool city. Good vibes, pretty busy downtown. Definitely going there again. Not sure what to compare it to in the GTA.

Lock heaven sucked. Kinda dead, the two bars in town did not want to take my ON license so I had to walk all the way back to the hotel to get my passport. Not cool at all.

You look illegal anyways :D....wavin' to people funny n'all. Word gets around ;)

••••

I think part of the issue is how long the trip is....Coudersport can be had in 3 1/2 hours from Mississauga if the border is clear so it's good for a Friday run down and you are right on 867 and 144/44

If you have longer to get there - then State College and some of the more southern spots are fine.
You do have to think about deer all the time morning and evening and plan the rides accordingly.....there are thousands and even bear and in some areas elk .

Have seen bear and deer crossing at a gallop and elk near the road.

•••

Hey Kiwi - where are you in the GTA...at some point I want to get to NZ for a week and would like to pick your brain.
I'm in Cairns in 2015 for 6 months so that would be the time. ( 3 months each trip ).
What's the best time and maybe could rent a bike there ( KLR650 would do ).

Last edited:
Get beer at the duty free. Williamsport have good bars/microbrewer.

Yesterdays is great but as macdog said dont stay there .
One thing to note - you are unlikely to have cell coverage on the better roads like 44/144 and south of Renovo it's easy to get turned around as it's a tangle.

Maps are only useful if you actually know where you are :D

if you are counting on a smart phone get an offline app with maps....44/144 is a must do both north and south of Renovo and Renovo is a decent lunch stop at Yesterdays but don't stay there :D

•••

Hey Kiwi - where are you in the GTA...at some point I want to get to NZ for a week and would like to pick your brain.
I'm in Cairns in 2015 for 6 months so that would be the time. ( 3 months each trip ).
What's the best time and maybe could rent a bike there ( KLR650 would do ).

East End.
February is usually considered the best time during the summer weatherwise. There are a couple outfits that do motorcycle rentals. Insurance is cheap - well it used to be.. I was riding at 17 or 18yrs old, and only paying $75 year for 3rd party insurance. Ok, that was many years ago but relative to hear its cheap. Roads are amazing as you know. We didnt have "Riding" roads as such - more a "destination" - Ie lets go to the beach - anywahere you went the roads were fun.. never gave it a second thought until I came here.. and its straight. Yoiu'd be hard pressed to find a stop sign.. not very common, but lots of roundabouts :) and people are used to seeing scooters and motorcycles on the road.
I'll start another thread in this forum later with some links and information.

Back
Top Bottom