Pretending to be a police officer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pretending to be a police officer

油井緋色;2034116 said:
Wait what....?

Man pretends to be police officer, threatens random person in front of his kid showing the kid that it's okay to be an ******* and I'm wrong...?

And @ MarcosSantiago, you would kill somebody who made fun of you in front of your family...?

My posts are out there?! If they are, I'm glad I'm not normal!

Did I say "kill"?
I said I would just run you over!!!

:lmao:

Seriously, please don't twist my words. I didn't say "make fun". Go back and read again - and for once, try to consider a different point of view.

油井緋色;2034116 said:
Wait what....?

Man pretends to be police officer, threatens random person in front of his kid showing the kid that it's okay to be an ******* and I'm wrong...?

From your original post describing what supposedly happened, the guy didn't "threaten" you. Saying he'll mail you a ticket isn't considered a threat.
...and you weren't some "random" person that he decided to pick on.

You then said you:
油井緋色;2029486 said:
So I flipped him off, told him to **** off and called him a fat *** (he really was large).

I don't see where that guy was being an *******.

and for once, try to consider a different point of view.

Amen.

..mail you a ticket. To a Leafs game? Cruel.
Bottom line is that any court / legal action will take a ton of your time so upping the ante is rarely worth it.

I had a lady scream at me in a Wendy's parking lot when I got my first car after I pulled the ebrake in the empty wet parking lot and slid into a spot. She claimed she was an off duty officer and could get my license taken. I never believed she actually was but just said sorry and went on my way. Now that I think about it I'm not so sure she could've got me with anything in a private lot, anyway, and it was before all the new stunting laws (back when I was 18 like 10 years ago).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I had a lady scream at me in a Wendy's parking lot when I got my first car after I pulled the ebrake in the empty wet parking lot and slid into a spot. She claimed she was an off duty officer and could get my license taken. I never believed she actually was but just said sorry and went on my way. Now that I think about it I'm not so sure she could've got me with anything in a private lot, anyway, and it was before all the new stunting laws (back when I was 18 like 10 years ago).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Typically you can only be charged under the Criminal Code (dangerous operation, impaired operation, etc.) for incidents that occur on private property.

All Officers carry ID with them at all time. If you are not on duty you do not have to show your ID BUT in saying that if the person if going to act like an idiot and say they are going to give you a ticket than challenge them and ask for their ID. That is my 2 cents.

what record?

a lot of these pig departments keep a record of any contact you may have had. Its kind of like you own personal pig profile, if you've had any contact with police about anything they may enter it into their system like a journal log. Its informal and doesn't mean **** but its how the pigs keep track of you...

The "contact" record if regional; if you did something like J-walk in Peel but you just got a warning and it was entered into the system the York pigs won't be able to see it

A person claiming to be an officer of the law must be able to identify himself upon a request. It's up to him to be disclosing his name or just a badge number verbally to a civilian; however a proper government issued ID must be carried by him at all times when on duty.

Off duty officers with NO present ID have no jurisdiction, however they still have authority to proceed with a civillian arrest or detain you until on duty backup arrives to the scene.

^^ disagree with your last part where off duty officers with no present ID have no jurisdiction.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2029486 said:
I was in a rush, and decided to forgo all judgment and lane split. I think I scared some dude and his kid in a random Corolla because at the next light, he rolled up next to me and said:

"Do it again and I'll mail you a ticket".

I asked "Excuse me?" and he repeated. Then I asked "Where's your badge?". He said he didn't have it on him. So I flipped him, told him to **** off and called him a fat *** (he really was large).

For educational purposes and because I can be a spiteful jackass, can't somebody get into massive dingdong pretending to be a cop?

Thats just about the dumbest **** i've herd, what do you think, cops come in uniform in cruisers staright out of the factory?

Cops are everyday people like you, they wear that uniform and a marked car maybe 4 hours a day, 6 or 8 hour shift, rest of the time their in normal clothes and driving normal cars.

He was most likely a TPS, they seem to hire anyone of any income background, poor or well off, because they need foot patrol, cruiser, boat, cycle, horse, motorcycle all kinds of cops from all backgrounds etc, so yea that guy was probably an off duty cop, because only a real cop knows that if they wanted they could send you a ticket in the mail.

I doubt you'd know he was a cop even if he flashed his badge, because unlike the movies the badge here for cops is not that gold shiny madallion.lol its an id card with a police service insignia.lol

If you knew how many cops are, either undercover, or off duty around you when people drive like idiots you'd feel naked.

As a biker you should know that, and drive cars carefully, because theres no downshifting in cars and dissappearing, and riding bikes should let you understand how dangerous cars actually are in all aspects, at least drive a car slow and proper, i leave the crazy urges for my bike 3am things.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You can flip off or tell anyone to **** off as much as you'd like, just don't cause a public disturbance or threaten the person. I asked an Afro-Canadian male at a stop light to stop texting politely. He told me to mind my own business and I told him he would end up killing someone one day. He gave me a dumb look and told me to **** off. Proceeded to dismount bike (to check tyre pressure) and the male turned right and peeled off.. OP you started stuff with an obese guy.. don't pick on the fatties OK!

He's stopped at a light and texting and you're wagging his finger at him? It's one thing to do it with your vehicle in motion but texting at a stop light is not different than fiddling with your radio or AC or scratching your balls. You must have felt like a real hero to save the day like that.

Any time an overly concerned driver tries to give me a lecture at a stop light, which admittedly hasn't happened in a long time, I would just point to my helmet and shrug... just pretending you can't hear them is more amusing to watch then flipping them the bird

My guess is he was probably a cop and most likely made a note in your driving record. No you won't get a ticket but the next time you get pulled over the cop pulling you will see that note when he runs your plate and probably much less inclined to let you off with a warning or downgrade a speeding ticket.

Thats just about the dumbest **** i've herd, what do you think, cops come in uniform in cruisers staright out of the factory?

Cops are everyday people like you, they wear that uniform and a marked car maybe 4 hours a day, 6 or 8 hour shift, rest of the time their in normal clothes and driving normal cars.

He was most likely a TPS, they seem to hire anyone of any income background, poor or well off, because they need foot patrol, cruiser, boat, cycle, horse, motorcycle all kinds of cops from all backgrounds etc, so yea that guy was probably an off duty cop, because only a real cop knows that if they wanted they could send you a ticket in the mail.

I doubt you'd know he was a cop even if he flashed his badge, because unlike the movies the badge here for cops is not that gold shiny madallion.lol its an id card with a police service insignia.lol

If you knew how many cops are, either undercover, or off duty around you when people drive like idiots you'd feel naked.

As a biker you should know that, and drive cars carefully, because theres no downshifting in cars and dissappearing, and riding bikes should let you understand how dangerous cars actually are in all aspects, at least drive a car slow and proper, i leave the crazy urges for my bike 3am things.lol

Another gold post from you. Kudos.

Dont listen to this guy.

I found this to be the funniest part.

I remember riding in to work one morning 2up with my wife along Eastern Ave. and I get to a red light and this POS Hyundai rolls up beside me and he rolls down his window and says, "You in a rush?" I was like WTF I wasn't speeding in any way or doing anything stupid, I take a second look back at him and noticed him wearing his TPS uniform and was like sheeeeeeit, said no and proceeded on my way.

Off duty TPS in uniform? That's extremely unusual. Unless they were heading to a pay duty.

Of course, you could have responded "Why yes, now that you mention it. Do you have suggestions for a good route to...?" Being in a rush isn't illegal. :)

isn't flipping someone the bird on the road considered road rage which is indeed a chargeable offense?

I agree with that.

It is kind of off-topic, and did not want to mention it, but making fun of a man in front of his family is pretty low and a provocation, you are asking for trouble. If it was me, and I had my baby in the car, and I feel threatened, I would just run you over (regardless of who is right or who is wrong).

There might be consequences to give the finger to strangers. Just saying.

And Death by Corolla is not a pleasant thought. :p

very good post. People WILL behave irrationally at provocation especially when their young are around. Very much like a mother bear would.

If someone is irrational enough to perceive a finger waved at them from a bike that's passing to get ahead as a threat, that person probably needs to be locked up in the looney house!

"Sorry, I was with my child and the bad motorcyclist looked at me funny, so I ran him over...I was soo scared, pity me, I was the victim". ********.

Last edited by a moderator:
A ticket to a Justin Bieber concert. That'll learn ya.

Back
Top Bottom