Is Suzuki of Newmarket still bad? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is Suzuki of Newmarket still bad?

Her username is Amazon, not Wonder Woman. She's been a manager for what? 10 days?

As my daddy used to say; you can't polish a turd.
Not only that, she's in charge of the accessories department, last time I went there, I didn't have an issue buying some stands and spools.
Parts/service is where the issues are (from what I've read) and from what I understand, she has no control over that.

It's great to have somebody from our community behind the counter but in all honesty, I doubt it will do much.

I have only heard bad things.

and first hand have had 2 experiences with them. first when buying my first bike, best decision i made was walking out and NOT going through with the purchase.
Second was a few weeks ago when a friend of mine was looking at buying a bike and wanted to check out suzukies,
so hesitantly i went with him....
again... very pushy sales people... so many lies... best thing i could do was advise my friend to move on.

so twice, best decision regarding purchasing bikes was to leave and go somewhere else.

as others have said.... RUN!

After reading this thread I feel like going there just to see if they're really that bad.

In my opinion, they are like pyramid sales. Starts well, then starts to fall and bang they then roll the line in. Bait you then pull you in.
I am well aware that Amazon is not Wonder Woman but she comes across as not like the rest of the bunch there. Never said she was. Now I will, she is better than Wonder Woman.

In my opinion, they are like pyramid sales. Starts well, then starts to fall and bang they then roll the line in. Bait you then pull you in.
I am well aware that Amazon is not Wonder Woman but she comes across as not like the rest of the bunch there. Never said she was. Now I will, she is better than Wonder Woman.

She's doing a good job, especially when you consider what she's being handicapped with... the people above her are not making it easy to get the job done. There are some great individuals there, unfortunately the people who are really in charge just don't seem to care.

She can't do much as her department is not the problem, I've heard horror stories from friends of the service.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the compliments, and after all, Wonder woman is an Amazon :p

You guys can also come up stairs to order parts, I always let customers know right away whether a part is back ordered or not, and would definitely call you back as I've been on the other end. Heck, I had a guy spend about $4k rebuilding the front of his gsxr600 and told me all the parts over the phone, not a single one was wrong when he came to pick them up, so you can trust me :D

Most days I work 11am -7pm (Fri-Sat 9-5) so feel free to give me a call and I'll try and track down your parts that have been missing for you. Also feel free to stop by the shop and look around, you don't even have to say you're from gtam so you can see how I treat everyone awesomely. Just make sure to mention Gtam if you go to buy as I have a discount running in another thread.

I know one person can't change the whole dealership, but I have been getting compliments from some customers about how it is upstairs now. I'm working hard to continuously make it better, even standing my ground on some things with upper management, like giving me money for inventory. I also typically discount more than they would like, but too bad, I don't want to screw you guys :D

P.S. anyone looking for an awesome Alpinestars leather motogp jacket, we have a red, white and black one in medium(?) for a killer price, I just want to see someone wear it 'cause it's a beauty

It's this one. And I don't know for sure, message the Suzuki_of_newmarket profile and I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm at work.
Alpinestars_MotoGP110_Jacke.jpg

I have purchased two V-Stroms from SON, a 2006 and a 2012. Both times I was treated fairly by Dan in Sales. I was originally recommened to them by a friend that had good experieinces buying from them and have since recommeneded several friends to purchase there and they seem to be happy as well. I think a lot is to do with expectations.. this isn't a premium high end dealership but rather a low end/low margin/high volume dealership.

I have had each bike in for service exactly twice (1,000 km inspection and 24,000 km inspection.) For all the crap I hear about their service my bikes both got the work done properly and a few extra things that I didn't expect them to do or for them to notice got taken care of/noted.

When Dave was in Accessories I bought all my parts and accessories through him. He went off to Nova Scotia and the replacement really wasn't up to the job. I took to dealing with Jay in parts and he took care of me. Now that Melanie is running upstairs I know that I'll be in great hands again! As Melanie has mentioned you can buy all you parts through her upstairs as well not just accessories.

..Tom

Thank you for your input and compliments, for those of you having issues or still waiting on parts, please PM with your problem, bike info and full name and I will do my best to track it down and message you back.

Did you guys figure out which direction to install wheels?

Depending on when it was you were last in, we probably have as we have almost all new mechanics in there as of a year ago.

Is it still the same owner and management?

So last Thursday I called in again to order some OEM Suzuki parts. But this time I thought I would try ordering thru upstairs (accessories). Ordered Thursday, promised within a day or two (told they wern't on back order at Suzuki Canada). Got a phone call Saturday morning from (I assume) Amazon to say the bits were in and I went and picked them up.

While I was in Thursday I also saw the main dealer parts counter to see if my $5 hose was finally in. Yes it was, but they never bothered calling me to tell me. So I have no idea how long I would have waited for a call.

So it's 1 - 0 to upstairs versus downstairs. In future I will order all my OEM bits upstairs. Not that I buy a lot.

Sales guys have not changed, they got rid of the tech that was screwing the Suzuki name. The new tech there is good and the girl that was in the accessories dept is gone now also, Thank god .

Back
Top Bottom