2 arrested in motorcycle theft ring. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 arrested in motorcycle theft ring.

Kudo to the cops for this one. If they keep hitting hard on those thieves, we might see a decrease in number of stolen bikes.

The article says 35 bikes recovered, with a value of $600,000.

They were stealing highend product, as each bike is worth $17,000!

Probably the sum of all parts prices from the dealer.. Kinda like the "street value" they report when they confiscate drugs :cool:

One Desmosedici @ $90,000. and a couple Agusta's @ $30,000 and the rest of the pile could be Gixxers.

But your right, declared recovered value never matches street values.

One Desmosedici @ $90,000. and a couple Agusta's @ $30,000 and the rest of the pile could be Gixxers.

Sort of like how the Americans would shoot at jungle, without seeing any enemies, then declare 1000 enemy casualties during the Vietnam War.

Sort of like how the Americans would shoot at jungle, without seeing any enemies, then declare 1000 enemy casualties during the Vietnam War.

Based on the number of rounds expended and how many rounds per kill they had back in World War 2 when they could see what they were shooting at :cool:

Probably the sum of all parts prices from the dealer.. Kinda like the "street value" they report when they confiscate drugs :cool:

kijiji prices.

It's like LSD busts, they send people to jail based on weight, 99% of which is paper.

Anyone have photos of these guys? I parked my bike at my friend's condo last night around yonge and finch area and got my bike ignition messed up. At least two other bikes got hit and I did see someone suspicious as did the security guard doing his patrols. Police statement has been given but I'm wondering if it could be the same guys.

No not really. The bikes are returned to the insurance company and the rightful owner is given buy back options

No. That's only if recovered before the 30 day payout. If you are paid out for the loss your bike will go direct to auction.
That's what happened with my 92 GSXR1100, which I found for sale at a later date after recovery.

Anyone have photos of these guys? I parked my bike at my friend's condo last night around yonge and finch area and got my bike ignition messed up. At least two other bikes got hit and I did see someone suspicious as did the security guard doing his patrols. Police statement has been given but I'm wondering if it could be the same guys.

Sounds like amateurs, Pros generally wouldn't have touched your ignition, (and wasted time exposure doing so), they would have just scooped the bike in to a van.

Sounds like amateurs, Pros generally wouldn't have touched your ignition, (and wasted time exposure doing so), they would have just scooped the bike in to a van.
Wouldn't a real pro be able to jimmy or hot wire the ignition in 20 seconds, seems like less risk than riding aroudn in a stolen van.

Wouldn't a real pro be able to jimmy or hot wire the ignition in 20 seconds, seems like less risk than riding aroudn in a stolen van.
Nope. A van blends in. Motorcycle's stand out. Lol.
Plus a jacked bike ignition may stall, etc.

Nope, they still want another stolen vehicle, (it would be two people minimum, one to drive the get away vehicle and one to ride the bike), so might as well just jack a van and throw the bike in the back. They don't generally show up in ther own vehicles to steal a bike..lol Plus if the cops do get on you and you run and crash more survivable in a van than on a bike. Not to mention they have NO idea how well that bike runs. They only want, (usually), the parts not the whole bike to sell off.

Nope, they still want another stolen vehicle, (it would be two people minimum, one to drive the get away vehicle and one to ride the bike), so might as well just jack a van and throw the bike in the back. They don't generally show up in ther own vehicles to steal a bike..lol Plus if the cops do get on you and you run and crash more survivable in a van than on a bike. Not to mention they have NO idea how well that bike runs. They only want, (usually), the parts not the whole bike to sell off.

...and I doubt they can actually ride. These are not enthusiasts, they just see something easy to steal and and get rid of after parting out.

...and I doubt they can actually ride. These are not enthusiasts, they just see something easy to steal and and get rid of after parting out.

Don't sell your fellow riders short. They can be just as bad as anyone else and have the advantage of both knowing what stuff is worth, and having and having a ready supply of buyers for it.

Maybe we can start a petition to have them serve an alternate sentence? Deliver them to L&L every Thursday night for "re-education" sessions every week, for the remainder of the summer.

By the time those were finished they'd likely be encouraged to move on to some more noble cause...like shaving cats...

Hope they both get leukemia. Saying my prayers now.

Kudo to the cops for this one. If they keep hitting hard on those thieves, we might see a decrease in number of stolen bikes.

I wish that were true, but we have been seeing this over and over again. The same guys busted just go back to getting busted again after a few years.
The penalties for stealing bikes is a joke, it pays to steal the bike. First offense is a fine, second offense is maybe 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom