2 arrested in motorcycle theft ring. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 arrested in motorcycle theft ring.

Sarath Chhean, 30, of Toronto, and Chan Ly, 28, of Bradford, face numerous charges including theft over $5,000, trafficking and possession of property obtained by crime.
if you bought from these people you may have a stolden bike.

(If guilty) I hope these guys were born in Canada. This type of behaviour does nothing good for our once great country.

Honesty? Wtf? If you buy a bike you think is legit because all its **** checks out, and then they come to seize it, you should just give it up because that would be "honest"? Sorry, the Government should pay you because their system failed.

Then go after the guy who sold you the stolen bike, not the government or police.

If this happens to someone then perhaps next time they'll do a lil more research before jumping on that "great deal"

Then go after the guy who sold you the stolen bike, not the government or police.

If this happens to someone then perhaps next time they'll do a lil more research before jumping on that "great deal"

I often wonder how people don't understand the old saying "If it seems to good to be true then it probably is"

Oh hey look Paul, a guy on kijiji is selling two 2012 1000 rr's for 5500 each. Let's hurry and go buy them! :rolleyes:

Wow, so this guy was busted in 2006 when he was 23 years old and he's back at it and busted again in 2013 when he's 30 years old.

The bolded sentence refers to the victim.

Nice catch btw!

Yonge St. and Elgin Mills Rd..

I've passed by that area many times. Kinda sad to read stuff like this happens up there.

its good to hear they found these guys.

I really do hope whatever bikes are recovered, they are returned accordingly, if they can be identified.

Bike belongs to the insurance company if there was a pay out, belongs to the rider if there was no insurance coverage for theft.

True. I guess I made a bad assumption that if you own a nice bike that would be worth stealing, then it should have theft coverage. But I guess it does happen

Oh hey look Paul, a guy on kijiji is selling two 2012 1000 rr's for 5500 each. Let's hurry and go buy them! :rolleyes:

These guys have obviously been doing this for a long time. I know you're exaggerating a bit but they are not selling these stolen bikes noticeably below market value.

A slap on the wrist is right, they won't get much time if any time at all. Last summer a cube van rolled into a friends underground parking garage and stole 4 bikes, no rush at all, caught on tape. They didn't touch his 250 though :laughing6:. I'm glad I own a 20 year old bike with road rash when I read this stuff.

Last edited:
anyone know if those 2 guys are members in here ?

would be interesting to know.

Sarath Chhean, 30, of Toronto and Chan Ly, 28, of Bradford

Sorry to say but I doubt that this will put much of a dent in bike theft, in Toronto. Good to see, but there's more that needs doing.

252_14095884021_821_n.jpg

Yea, that was 2 k I got for your bike?

The article says 35 bikes recovered, with a value of $600,000.

They were stealing highend product, as each bike is worth $17,000!

Back
Top Bottom