2 arrested in motorcycle theft ring. | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 arrested in motorcycle theft ring.

Wonder if its the same guy from this.

Car stolen, sleuth cracks theft ringThe Toronto Star
Nov. 8, 2006. 06:05 AM
TAMARA CHERRY AND LINDA NGUYEN
STAFF REPORTERS

After his car was swiped from the driveway, Robert Giona didn't just rely on police to find it for him — he ended up playing detective, finding his vehicle and exposing an auto-theft ring in York Region.
The 24-year-old Newmarket man had his 1994 Acura Integra GSR stolen, with his wallet inside, on the night of Oct. 18 from his home near Mulock Dr. and Yonge St.
Giona suspected a neighbour who he heard worked at an auto-body shop but knew he needed proof. So he and his father drove around Richmond Hill and Newmarket two hours every day, hoping they'd spot the car. His break came when his wallet turned up at a gas station on Oct. 21 near Yonge St. and Elgin Mills Rd.
"The gas attendant said that the person (who turned in the wallet) goes into that gas station all the time," Giona said. "For him to bring the wallet back after he sold the car (parts) didn't make sense. I don't know why he would return the wallet."
Because the person was a regular at that gas station, Giona guessed his car was in a nearby auto-body shop. His search ended at a shop on Enford Rd. where Giona found his car, dismantled and identifiable only by its vehicle identification number.
"Where we were looking, by chance we saw it,'' he said. "It was pretty easy to see. There were a couple of parts of the car that I put on myself. .. so I knew it was my car.
"When I found the car, it was only the two doors and the trunk left. The paint colour kind of gave it away. I had used `diamond white pearl.' "
He called police who searched the body shop and a home on Stellick Ave., in Giona's neighbourhood, York Region police Const. Derek Wheeler said.
Police found three stolen cars and parts from two others at the body shop.
"They were being chopped, they were being dismantled and the parts used to rebuild other vehicles or sold" on the Internet, Wheeler said.
For Giona, who has worked on cars since he was 16 years old, it was a matter of doing what any car lover would have done.
"I'm not necessarily a hero,'' he said. "I'm more like a person doing a good deed. If you suspect something is going on, if it does happen to you, report it to police and give them all the information."
Vidasouk Vissieaine Phantharangsy, 19, and Allan Vann, 20, both of Newmarket; and Clive Ricketts, 37, and Sarath Chhean, 23, both of Toronto, face a number of charges including possession of property obtained by crime and theft over $5,000.

Wonder if its the same guy from this.

Car stolen, sleuth cracks theft ringThe Toronto Star
Nov. 8, 2006. 06:05 AM
TAMARA CHERRY AND LINDA NGUYEN
STAFF REPORTERS

After his car was swiped from the driveway, Robert Giona didn't just rely on police to find it for him — he ended up playing detective, finding his vehicle and exposing an auto-theft ring in York Region.
The 24-year-old Newmarket man had his 1994 Acura Integra GSR stolen, with his wallet inside, on the night of Oct. 18 from his home near Mulock Dr. and Yonge St.
Giona suspected a neighbour who he heard worked at an auto-body shop but knew he needed proof. So he and his father drove around Richmond Hill and Newmarket two hours every day, hoping they'd spot the car. His break came when his wallet turned up at a gas station on Oct. 21 near Yonge St. and Elgin Mills Rd.
"The gas attendant said that the person (who turned in the wallet) goes into that gas station all the time," Giona said. "For him to bring the wallet back after he sold the car (parts) didn't make sense. I don't know why he would return the wallet."
Because the person was a regular at that gas station, Giona guessed his car was in a nearby auto-body shop. His search ended at a shop on Enford Rd. where Giona found his car, dismantled and identifiable only by its vehicle identification number.
"Where we were looking, by chance we saw it,'' he said. "It was pretty easy to see. There were a couple of parts of the car that I put on myself. .. so I knew it was my car.
"When I found the car, it was only the two doors and the trunk left. The paint colour kind of gave it away. I had used `diamond white pearl.' "
He called police who searched the body shop and a home on Stellick Ave., in Giona's neighbourhood, York Region police Const. Derek Wheeler said.
Police found three stolen cars and parts from two others at the body shop.
"They were being chopped, they were being dismantled and the parts used to rebuild other vehicles or sold" on the Internet, Wheeler said.
For Giona, who has worked on cars since he was 16 years old, it was a matter of doing what any car lover would have done.
"I'm not necessarily a hero,'' he said. "I'm more like a person doing a good deed. If you suspect something is going on, if it does happen to you, report it to police and give them all the information."
Vidasouk Vissieaine Phantharangsy, 19, and Allan Vann, 20, both of Newmarket; and Clive Ricketts, 37, and Sarath Chhean, 23, both of Toronto, face a number of charges including possession of property obtained by crime and theft over $5,000.

Wow, so this guy was busted in 2006 when he was 23 years old and he's back at it and busted again in 2013 when he's 30 years old.

Wow, so this guy was busted in 2006 when he was 23 years old and he's back at it and busted again in 2013 when he's 30 years old.

Stupid is as stupid does. This time they should lock his *** up for at least ten years to let him think about it.

A slap on the wrist in 2006 and a soon to be slap on the wrist in 2013. So unfortunate. At this rate we will be reading a similar article 7yrs from now. Pathetic.

why are you guys only picking on Vidasouk Vissieverthe ****hisnameis...? Is it because he has a funny name :confused:

From the article: "along with tools for making fake plates."

Hopefully he will have the opportunity to make real plates with real tools soon.

This investigation was launched because of my bike theft . . .see http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?159746-2011-Daytona-675-SE-white-blue-_-Stolen . Also the lead investigator has asked me to share the following.

. . . In fact, this project was named after your bike which I recovered in Jan, it was called Project Triumph and has been over an 8 month investigation.
There are additional groups doing same stuff so still be cautious. This guy was a major player and by time its over we will have recovered 30 plus bikes.
Also, if any of your riding buddies have recently bought a bike for cheap off a guy named Sean with tan skin who looks after all the paperwork, have them contact me as we have many people who have that we will be tracking down. Many will be stolen and re vinned.

Pass it on.

Also, if any of your riding buddies have recently bought a bike for cheap off a guy named Sean with tan skin who looks after all the paperwork, have them contact me as we have many people who have that we will be tracking down.

Its good to hear they're actually doing something for once...On the other hand why would you tell them if you bought a bike? In the end you'll have no bike or get a cent returned to you...the pigs might even turn around and put charges on you for possession of stolen property if they smell anything too fishy..

Sarath Chhean, 30, of Toronto, and Chan Ly, 28, of Bradford, face numerous charges including theft over $5,000, trafficking and possession of property obtained by crime.
if you bought from these people you may have a stolden bike.

Its good to hear they're actually doing something for once...On the other hand why would you tell them if you bought a bike? In the end you'll have no bike or get a cent returned to you...the pigs might even turn around and put charges on you for possession of stolen property if they smell anything too fishy..

Well if you knowingly purchased a stolen bike then you should be charged. If not then you're **** out of luck, and the bike should be returned to its rightful owner.
I know this may be hard for some to understand, but there is still this thing called honesty and the right thing to do.

Well if you knowingly purchased a stolen bike then you should be charged. If not then you're **** out of luck, and the bike should be returned to its rightful owner.
I know this may be hard for some to understand, but there is still this thing called honesty and the right thing to do.

Honesty? Wtf? If you buy a bike you think is legit because all its **** checks out, and then they come to seize it, you should just give it up because that would be "honest"? Sorry, the Government should pay you because their system failed.

**** out of luck? So what you're saying is the guy who got his bike stolen should get his bike back on top of the payout he got from insurance?

Well it is good to see the police actually doing investigations and spending time to catch these losers. Unfortunately, as the other poster said, the one guy got a slap on the wrist and went back to stealing again.
Lock them up for good or off with their heads at dundas square is what I say.
Our justice system really sucks. The feeling of passion of a having a motorcycle and then having it taken away by losers leaves you totally violated.
They will be back at it after paying a fine and doing some community service, big deal.

Honesty? Wtf? If you buy a bike you think is legit because all its **** checks out, and then they come to seize it, you should just give it up because that would be "honest"? Sorry, the Government should pay you because their system failed.

No not really. The bikes are returned to the insurance company and the rightful owner is given buy back options

Funny - the police have success and make arrests and you still refer to them as pigs.

Let's see who you call the next time you are in a tough spot. Ghostbuster's maybe?

pfft

Back
Top Bottom