Is a Harley 883 sportster a chick bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is a Harley 883 sportster a chick bike?

daisoman

Site Supporter
Thinking of trading my cbr 600 for a Harley 883 sportster but my boss said that its a girls bike. Mind you he's like 6'3 and I'm 5'6. I'm looking and all other Harley look too big or too expensive for me.

Main reason I want to sell my cbr is I'm trying to pick up a cheap track bike and have the Harley as a street bike to keep me out of trouble.

Here's some sample pictures
9e5uqute.jpg
azagusus.jpg

And before this becomes a "who cares what other people think" thread. Simple answer is I care. My ego can't take it

It's not like the biggest harley will rip your arms out like a real mans bike (Hayabusa, Zx14, Litre bikes) either lol.

Disclaimer: Comment made in jest to incite discussion.

Click.
Drag.
LOL

At least you can be honest.

And from what I hear the 883 is viewed as a girl bike the same way the Ninja 250 is. There was a thread about this before, maybe it's in the archives

The Sportster and the Dyna are the only Harleys I'd consider riding....the other ones looks like you gotta be a fat *** pirate to ride.

You're asking the wrong forum that question.

The Sportie is looked at as a beginner's bike or a chick's bike because if it's small size and light weight.
If most of your riding is going to be inner city then that bike should work out great.

I like it, but I'm a girl so that's not saying much against the girls bike argument. But like Julz said they are the only nice ones. lol

At least you can be honest.

And from what I hear the 883 is viewed as a girl bike the same way the Ninja 250 is. There was a thread about this before, maybe it's in the archives

I guess the 800CC harley puts almost as much HP as the ninja 250? :)

It's not the power that would intimidate me. It ms the sheer size of other Harley's. I've sat on a friends and I swear it fit good. Other ones I know I would look stupid in but I can't go around town feeling nice about my bike and all I see are little kids laughing at the girls bike.

I think they are only considered "chick" bike due to the fact they are the smallest Harley's That being said I really like them and would ride one. So go for it !!

The Sportster and the Dyna are the only Harleys I'd consider riding....the other ones looks like you gotta be a fat *** pirate to ride.

Ill google dyna. Vrod looks good too but well over budget. The stock sportster looks plain IMO so I know is have to mod it anyways.

On sale at kijiji. This would be my target look minus the yoshi pipe
esa4y6aj.jpg

My ex gf had one of those. She was 5'1 and weight 100lbs. She sold it and bought a CBR600 F4 cuz the Harley was boring her. Hope that answers you're question:)

Agreed, bike looks good but that Yosh has to go

My ex gf had one of those. She was 5'1 and weight 100lbs. She sold it and bought a CBR600 F4 cuz the Harley was boring her. Hope that answers you're question:)

Lol I see what u did there.

Don't worry I should be able to afford a track bike too so the boredom won't be there.

883...chick bike least get the 1200 and make it a bobbed sporty...your small enough to pull it off.

I've owned 3. 2001 883 Custom, 2002 1200 Sports (Dual plug heads, adjustable suspension) and a 2007 50th Anniversary (Hated it and sold it after 18 months-3 recalls and boring as S&%$!),

I feel that the rubber mounted, fuel-injected engines on the newer Sporties sucked all the character out of the bike. The earlier ones were a very mechanical experince to ride- crude and rude, but I liked that at the time.

The earlier ones were great, I toured all over on them, Laconia, Americade, mid-west. The 1200 was fast enough.
And no one dared called them girl bikes, to my face at least!

Agreed but can't find a 1200 for $6000ish so 883 for now.

Again I don't really care for speed as long as it can do 140 on the hwy minimum I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom