Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?

01 F4i,Highway riding at decent pace get 225km/tank 18L.
Best I have gotten was 310kms/tank on a slow paced ride backroad ride.

I think we all could take a lesson from horse jockey's when it comes to mileage; Don't be fat, acquire height of <5ft2"

My last bike's manual said it could give me 430 km per full gas tank, I tested it and the gas ran out at 360 km before I had to flip the cock to reserve. I still thought 360 km was very good for a middle-weight sport-tourer bike, my Yahama XT 350cc dual-sport only gave me 190 km per gas tank.

When I go in group rides I notice how important a 350+ km gas tank is.... the SS riders have to pull into a gas station every 160 km for heaven's sakes, I could easily go twice that in my sport tourer, but it still looks like an SS bike :)

How many KM's can you go on a full tank of gas (highway)? Post your bike model and year.

(P.S. anybody knows how many KM's can the average "reserve" of a SS bike go?)

Really? 2012 gsxr 600. 17L tank and I'm averaging 280 with the light flashing. If the light stays on I'm almost out so 300 isn't a stretch. 160 means you're having a "spirited" ride. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

My last bike's manual said it could give me 430 km per full gas tank, I tested it and the gas ran out at 360 km before I had to flip the cock to reserve. I still thought 360 km was very good for a middle-weight sport-tourer bike, my Yahama XT 350cc dual-sport only gave me 190 km per gas tank.

When I go in group rides I notice how important a 350+ km gas tank is.... the SS riders have to pull into a gas station every 160 km for heaven's sakes, I could easily go twice that in my sport tourer, but it still looks like an SS bike :)

How many KM's can you go on a full tank of gas (highway)? Post your bike model and year.

(P.S. anybody knows how many KM's can the average "reserve" of a SS bike go?)

Hwy riding I can get 230km before the low fuel light comes on. It comes on with 3.5L of fuel still in the tank... I ride an R6

My wife's SV 650 gets crazy good gas mileage.
I think she sees over 400k every tank.
My buddies VRF got crazy mileage as well.

However, my VTR is down to about 140 before the reserve light shows up. I gotta clean the air filter.

I've got an SV650s 2nd gen and have gotten 300km before my fuel light started flashing (a little under 1/3 of the tank left) so yes it does get above 400, but that was on the BRP which has no stops. When stuck in downtown traffic stopping every 10m, I've gotten as low as 160km before the light went on.

My wife has a 2010 SV. Fuel injected.
I will axe her what she actually gets.
I know she resets the tripometer every time she fills up, I often see over 400 on it. Maybe she's forgotten once or twice. When it's at the mileage I can see that the fuel is actually pretty damn low.

Funny story after posting on here...

On the way back from work, I ran outta fuel... :( just before hwy 10, I limped down and crawled to the husky station on north service road.

I got asked what I was doing on the sidewalk by some old man on a bicycle, I put him in his place.

Apparently 2004 CB600F "in theory" has 17L tank... I filled at 15.5L, asked about this and turns out a couple of litres are never used unless leaning the bike far to the left...go Honda...

I got 249KM on 15.5L.... I think that is 6.2L/100Km... Like a Toyota corolla.

I didn't know any recent bikes had to be laid on their side to get the last bit of gas. I had to do this long ago, it feels unnatural intentionally laying a bike down.

2008 Honda CBR600RR
200-240km

Last edited:
That's a very dismal mileage, are you screaming the hell out of the engine though?

Agreed, had a buddy with me when I broke 400km a tank on the BRP and he was on a 2012 GSXR-600. He went an extra 15-20km after me until his light went on, so it's definitely doable with the right environment and riding style.

I've noticed that there are some horrible running bikes out there, the more modified, the worse the fuel mileage.
There's a bunch of reasons I don't **** with exhaust, fuel mapping, power commanders, fuel consumption is one of them.

I can get an easy 300 km on my '12 Hayabusa, the 06 got similar mileage, both with 20L tanks. I have compared fillups many
times with 600 or 1000 cc bikes, and on the same ride they use more gas.

are you screaming the hell out of the engine though?

WTF?

Anyhooooo....2011 CB1000R on average at 200-250 I start looking for a gas station. From my understanding it is a 17L tank with a 4L reserve.

BMW R1200R gets easily 400+ per tank and My Sprint GT 1050 gets 450-470 per tank when not riding the crap out oif it.

Back
Top Bottom