Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?

Pegassus

Site Supporter
My last bike's manual said it could give me 430 km per full gas tank, I tested it and the gas ran out at 360 km before I had to flip the cock to reserve. I still thought 360 km was very good for a middle-weight sport-tourer bike, my Yahama XT 350cc dual-sport only gave me 190 km per gas tank.

When I go in group rides I notice how important a 350+ km gas tank is.... the SS riders have to pull into a gas station every 160 km for heaven's sakes, I could easily go twice that in my sport tourer.

How many KM's can you go on a full tank of gas? Post your bike model and year and litre capacity of tank.

So for me it's..... 360 to 380 km's for a 22 L tank.

My ex Yahama XT 350cc dual-sport gave me 190 km per gas tank (12 litres)

Last edited:
So many variables are involved in mileage. But if I be gentle on the throttle I think I can do like 200 something on cbr600rr

I think my ninja 300 has an eco mode..as long as it is on (meaning going 60 kmph on 6th gear :p) I'll average a very long range...when it starts to flash, I'm border line when it comes to fuel economy and when it's not there...well... at that point , performance > fuel economy

I know all newer kawis from street to SS have this indicator....

So many variables are involved in mileage. But if I be gentle on the throttle I think I can do like 200 something on cbr600rr

+1

i average about 200km on my 600rr before im at 1 bar of fuel
and no im not riding like a grandma, i just dont rev my engine all the time at the light like i see some people

on my ninja250 i squeeze 380km on the tank before fuel light came on

My 750 does around 6.5L/100KM. I forgot what the tank capacity is but it SHOULD be able to reach over slightly 200, I never tried it.

My friends with 600s get slightly worse mileage so I'm assuming liter bikes should get better mileage.

However, the mileage can get pretty bad if you start using the bike for it's actual purpose :p

I think my ninja 300 has an eco mode..as long as it is on (meaning going 60 kmph on 6th gear :p) I'll average a very long range...when it starts to flash, I'm border line when it comes to fuel economy and when it's not there...well... at that point , performance > fuel economy

I know all newer kawis from street to SS have this indicator....

It's not really an eco "mode", it's just an indicator that comes on when you're being easy on the throttle to encourage efficient riding.

With that said, I've gotten close to 500km on one tank with my 300.

93 sportster, about 160 km before reserve. Reserve is about 25 km. One day I'll buy the King tank.

'08 Duc Hyper with 12.4 litre tank gets me 180-220 k.

Peggy, Just get a 125 and call it a day, We all know you can't/won't outride that anyways :D

My wife's SV 650 gets crazy good gas mileage.
I think she sees over 400k every tank.
My buddies VRF got crazy mileage as well.

However, my VTR is down to about 140 before the reserve light shows up. I gotta clean the air filter.

I think something is wrong.
Your bike should go 250km easily before the light is on.

- 2009 Ninja 250r approx. 400-430 km per tank (18 l)
- 2010 Ninja 650r approx. 250-280 km per tank (15.5 l)

My wife's SV 650 gets crazy good gas mileage.
I think she sees over 400k every tank.
My buddies VRF got crazy mileage as well.

However, my VTR is down to about 140 before the reserve light shows up. I gotta clean the air filter.

Funny, my brother's SV650 gets fairly awful mileage. Definitely not anywhere near 400K

2008 Daytona 675 - 271.1km from "full" (on the kickstand) to dying on the side of the highway. Average speed was 110-115, gas station was right on the on-ramp, so that's pure 6th gear highway mileage. light came on at 234ish

Tank size is a pretty relevant part of the question! I mean, I get 300kms/tank highway (plus 30kms reserve), but that's with a 16L tank.

I average about 450km on my 05 weestrom. That is regular Toronto to Brampton commuting.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom