Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?

Normally fairly spirited riding. I probably don't often rev higher than 6000rpm, but that is moving pretty good. Also don't need to rev the snot out of it on pull away either. Plenty of power.

Pretty much correct....96 and 04 YZF600R one plus a tooth and one minus a tooth from stock, gets just under 300km in the cool/cold weather and in summer 350 or a touch more. Even droning down the highway all day.

Last edited:
On a trip to the cottage my ninja 650r got 4.2l/100kms. The tank is 16l, so it would be about 380kms. If riding on less hilly roads, you may be able to eek out 400kms.

How do you get that? Each of mine gets around 350 max (or there about) in the summer. Even the one geared for better highway mileage.
I have on several occasions on long trips been in the mid 400 km per tank. Do nothing other than run high test. If heavy on the throttle I cannot reach the mid 400.

I just filled up my tank on my 750cc Kawasaki sport-tourer (22 L tank) and rode it until it ran out of gas and had to switch the petcock to reserve. 70% highway/country roads and 30% city riding. It ran out of fuel at exactly 327 km's. Last time I did the same it gave me 340 km before running out. BTW my bike has a carburator problem and its running rich on fuel.

My ST1300 will do 450km+ with it's 29L fuel tank. Usually my bladder runs out before my tank does! When I'm taking it easy and fill up around 450km (last bar on the fuel gauge is blinking) the most it has taken was 24L! Still haven't taken it passed that but clearly could. I seem to have a 400km bladder so it's all good!

My ST1300 will do 450km+ with it's 29L fuel tank. Usually my bladder runs out before my tank does! When I'm taking it easy and fill up around 450km (last bar on the fuel gauge is blinking) the most it has taken was 24L! Still haven't taken it passed that but clearly could. I seem to have a 400km bladder so it's all good!
Kinda cheating with that tank though. That's like saying the 2017 f150 gets 1000km to a tank vs my sierra at 600 km. When in reality he has a 120L tank vs 85.

Kinda cheating with that tank though. That's like saying the 2017 f150 gets 1000km to a tank vs my sierra at 600 km. When in reality he has a 120L tank vs 85.

Why is it cheating?

The original question was:

"Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?"

There was no question about fuel mileage or tank size.. just range on a tank.

I would suspect the OP would rule out any bikes that had non-stock bikes and was thinking in terms of bikes they could buy stock that got that kind of range.

If it came with 29 liters then so be it.

..Tom

Why is it cheating?

The original question was:

"Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?"

There was no question about fuel mileage or tank size.. just range on a tank.

I would suspect the OP would rule out any bikes that had non-stock bikes and was thinking in terms of bikes they could buy stock that got that kind of range.

If it came with 29 liters then so be it.

..Tom

I'm with Tom. If he had added saddle tanks and a transfer pump, I would lean more towards cheating, but given the constraints of the initial question, even that solution could be valid.

Well the question was, what bikes out there can do 400+ km's on a fuel tank, it doesn't matter how big they should be. So I take it there are no 500 km's bikes out there?

Well the question was, what bikes out there can do 400+ km's on a fuel tank, it doesn't matter how big they should be. So I take it there are no 500 km's bikes out there?

BMW GSA should be good for 500 easy. Maybe 600 if you take it easy.

I think my bike is heading up towards 500kms a tank. If I did a drone run on the highway at a fuel efficient speed I’m pretty sure it would. Lately the efficiency has been getting a bit better, it’s a reasonably new bike still and I guess the engine is running in quite nicely.

The R80 GS with 38 litre tank is a strange looking beast.

i like how that looks, but 38L ?! holy cow thats huge, i wonder what the weight differences are between full and empty.
im lazy, someone do the math for me.

BMW GSA should be good for 500 easy. Maybe 600 if you take it easy.

Will definitely get over 500kms a tank. A full fill up usually sets my range at around 560kms. That changes when I do higher speeds as it tends to drink the fuel, but if I was cruising 90 - 110 I think I would get over 600km on a tank.

Back
Top Bottom