Looking for people to do some dual sporting with. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for people to do some dual sporting with.

I'm around 404 and Stouffville sdrd, so maybe 45 minutes to Bradford area, where do you want to meet?

I'd love to join for my first time off-road. Only problem is that i have yet to learn how to switch my wheels to the knobbies! If anyone is willing to come to Weston/Major Mack to help me switch them i'd love to come out tomorrow. Otherwise ill try to figure it out myself and come out next weekend.

Timmies breakfast on me for anyone willin to help :)

That is a sweet DR you have there DVS, big fan of black on black!

I'd love to join for my first time off-road. Only problem is that i have yet to learn how to switch my wheels to the knobbies! If anyone is willing to come to Weston/Major Mack to help me switch them i'd love to come out tomorrow. Otherwise ill try to figure it out myself and come out next weekend.

Timmies breakfast on me for anyone willin to help :)

That is a sweet DR you have there DVS, big fan of black on black!

Are the knobbies on separate rims or you looking at changing the rubber?

Thanks Lyphe! With regards to the wheels, it shouldn't be too bad you will just need the size sockets to take off your axles and obviously a stand to keep whichever end of the bike off the ground.

I could help you tomorrow but will be out riding. Come on out I'm on 90/10 tires so won't be hitting the loose stuff hard and I'm also a new at dual sporting as well.

Afterwards, I can help you switch the rims.

Guys, I'm out in Mississauga and am targeting to get on the road by 11am so will likely be up there a 5 and 20 around 12:30 or one. PM me your cell phones and I'll keep you guys updated via texts.

don't worry about the tires, my front is so worn it may as well be a street tire.
besides, there will be a few of us to pick up all the dropped bikes...remember it rained pretty hard today.

We can meet at the shell station at Green lane and Yonge streets, n/e corner at say 9:30?
That work for everyone?

Lyphe we can meet you somewhere closer to the 400 area if you are out that way?
Remember to grease the axles when you put the new wheels on.

DVS, 1 pm sounds like it should work, depends on how we fare in the cbr dunes.

Anyone bringing extra tubes?

Last edited:
don't worry about the tires, my front is so worn it may as well be a street tire.
besides, there will be a few of us to pick up all the dropped bikes...remember it rained pretty hard today.

We can meet at the shell station at Green lane and Yonge streets, n/e corner at say 9:30?
That work for everyone?

Lyphe we can meet you somewhere closer to the 400 area if you are out that way?
Remember to grease the axles when you put the new wheels on.

DVS, 1 pm sounds like it should work, depends on how we fare in the cbr dunes.

Anyone bringing extra tubes?

I'm going to get started around 930 and hope to be done by 1030. Doesn't seem too hard so perhaps earlier. I'll ride up to meet with you guys wherever you are! I've got Liam and DVS's numbers.

Looks like closer to 10 am for me at greenlane sand yonge

Wow what a great day! Huge thanks for everyone who came out it was great meeting you guys.

I gotta say they were right after decades of riding street track and milultiday touring this off road thing is a serious buzz!!

I just need to get some proper tires, I'm tired of falling down already. :)

Here are some pics of our adventures today.

u4y5azup.jpg

u9a6ury8.jpg

y4u8e3ud.jpg

sa3usy7a.jpg

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yup, pretty cool, ...wayyyy too much fun......looks like it's gonna be a regular thing.....we all need two smokers to keep up with Liam though.

Gotta like the crack head in the woods......go figure.

See everybody next week.

Great ride guys. I flew like superman and have some fixing to do, but i've got no complaints! If anything i'm happy because i got over the falling part - as you noticed. I've emailed OFTR about a membership, so next time we may be able to check out the OFTA trails also.

Picked up the permit! Which day are you guys available to go? I think DVS is out for Sat but may come Sun.

I'm in, not sure if Sat or Sun, still waiting to see, my guess would be Sunday.

Yup, Sunday would work for me, but not Sat, looks like gainful employment on the day.

Last edited:
Mind if I join in guys? I got hold of a bike this week, if I can get it plated tomorrow id love to come. If its a vote on which day, Sunday gets mine.

Back
Top Bottom