2004 KTM 450 EXC - thinking of buying | GTAMotorcycle.com

2004 KTM 450 EXC - thinking of buying

rib

Hi Everyone,

Im looking to pick up a bike for trail riding. I have found a 2004 KTM 450 EXC that is within my budget.

Seller says the rear brake keeps going soft on him and is hard to bleed.. What would cause that? leak in the line or resivoir somewhere? Clogged master cylinder?

He also mentioned that the fork seals might need replacing soon as well.

From what i have seen online, its easy to do yourself, as long as you have the tools.

Anybody have a ballpark idea what it would cost to get this bike fixed up? I know I dont have too much info.. but its all I have.

For the brakes - I cant see a completely new system costing much more than a grand.. so I was going to budget $500 to fix the brakes, and another $2-300 for the forks, if I pay someone to do it.. $100 if I do it myself..

The fork seals should be cheaper than that at a dealer. My new seals were only $20 plus ~2hrs labour. Dealer quoted me about $180 to replace the seals.

How much for the bike - unless its a steller deal you may be better off with a new one. As well - has the top end been rebuilt? If it needs it the cost is around 1400 - 2000. Factor this into the deal. Back brake - get the same problem on mind. I bleed it from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom