Smallest touring motorcycle? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smallest touring motorcycle?

$8500 + HST -- that is the lowest price I could find and was from Suzuki of Newmarket. I didn't buy there though... I basically 'price matched'.

Sounds like a decent deal. Congrats on the new bike and enjoy!

Nice :clap:
For distance Sargent makes a nice seat but not sure about the 2013.
You could try a Beadrider instead - lot less and many swear by them including me.

Barkbusters are a good investment if you are taking on dirt tracks.

ADVRider should have a dedicated page for the Weestrom ;)

Sounds like you made an awesome choice.

I am still curious about those NC 700X though. I found this but it was too late as you already bit on another bike:
http://rideapart.com/2013/02/rideapart-review-honda-nc700x/

They fitted one with dual purpose tires and did some adventure touring with it. The main concern they seemed to have was the lack of availability of a skid plate but there is one on the market now.

Suzuki tu250 is the bike that's small and good for touring. It can run at 110km/h all day long and is fine when it comes to fuel. Check out the advrider thread on that bike.

Last edited:
Just an update:

2 months in, 10000km later: I would like to thank everyone who recommended the Vstrom -- it is the perfect bike for me. Powerful and fast enough to have fun and to tempt getting in trouble, decent mileage (I get around 5l/100km when on the 401 with cases and bike loaded, down to 4l/100km or less when just the top case and back roads).

It is a comfortable bike to ride, as I have done many 12 hour days on the stock saddle. Having highway bars helps though so I can change up positions.

I just returned from New Hampshire -- here is a time lapse video on some gravel my GPS took me on when I accidentally left it on 'shortest distance' mode: (note, it was a lot steeper than it looks!): www.youtube.com/embed/4b9GezeilvQ

Last edited:
I am still curious about those NC 700X though.

The Vstrom 650 will eat it for lunch in every which way except gas mileage. If it weighed less would be on my short list.

Right now I'd opt for a CB500x in a heartbeat as a solo dual sport.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom