New truck? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New truck?

I like where this is going.

I like where this is going.
Jeesh.All i asked for was opinions on the 4cyl Tacoma.Instead,i get a salespitch from an almost out of work Honda SUV salesman.

T R U C K !

i really liked the tacoma, I think its really well made. I didnt like the price and maintenence required for the kms. I drive.
I bought an F150 supercab (cab & 1/2) , fits 6 adults if required, 4 quite well, 6.5ft box , V6 and I was under 30k with a maintenence pkg and snows on rims. 2X4, I dont need 4X4 ever.

Jeesh.All i asked for was opinions on the 4cyl Tacoma.Instead,i get a salespitch from an almost out of work Honda SUV salesman.

Even Stevie Wonder saw this one coming. I just wish you had have asked if the Tacoma will sync with an iPad, too. Thread coulda been epic.

+1 on the Tacoma, -1 on the cost.

I was at Heffners the other week and couldn't believe the cost of the tundra. What's the Tacoma like?

Lol I bet the Honda transmission and engine were just screaming towing that load. The ford Eco tech has pretty good reviews but I think cost has to come into consideration. If your looking in and around $40,000 there's lots of options, $30,000 and less it narrows the field considerably. After driving a diesel for the last few months I couldn't ever consider a gasser again, ya it's overkill but so is anything more than a ninja 250 on the street.

Pick Two: 1) I want economy 2) I want to haul and or tow things like motorcycles, boats, dump runs & other duties 3) I want something that will last for years & put up with occasional abuse. If you want economy (1), buy a Civic, or equivalent. If you pick (2) or (3) stay away from 4cyl TRUCKS for towing & hauling. (inreb........I know, I know, but let me finish). The 6cyl Tacoma is good for 6,500 lbs, so it's going to be abused as soon as it's hitched up. The poor Ridgeline is rated for a meagre 5,000lbs, and with Honda's transmission history - move on. That pic that was posted showed the Ridgeline stationary - thank god. An F150 is rated all over the map, but on average, consider 15,000lbs to be the norm. With tow package on the F150 included - there's too much on it to overlook. Mine has a switch on the end of the gear shift for "towing". I throw that thing on in the mountains going south, and it's like having a totally different transmission in the truck, that NEVER labours (might red-line though) going uphill (4.6V8 4x4). Bottom line - I hate Fords, but I'd never buy anyone elses light / medium duty pick up.
39362.png

Last edited:
I like the Tundra 4X4 with an 8 foot box and short cab personally. Similar to my F150 setup right now. If I was to replace this truck, that's what I would replace it with.

It's ok, Gary, I knew what I was getting into (Mazda Ranger clone 4cyl) and am good with it. Enjoying the great gas mileage and utility. Towing is heavily compromised. I'll need a new truck anyway by the time I retire with the big trailer sailor.
/treadjack

ok, ok. this thread is ooooozing with machismo. Forget sensible choices in buying vehicles suited to the way you will actually use them. Can you feel the testosterone dripping as the members are looking for a big bad...... TRUCK.

2013 M-B 6x6. Audi would never have the cojones to produce something as outrageous as this.

[video=youtube;1gaiLmQ2OdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1gaiLmQ2OdI[/video]

2u6lfmx.jpg

33eqx39.jpg

Last edited:
ok, ok. this thread is ooooozing with machismo. Forget sensible choices in buying vehicles suited to the way you will actually use them. Can you feel the testosterone dripping as the members are looking for a big bad...... TRUCK.

2013 M-B 6x6. Audi would never have the cojones to produce something as outrageous as this.

[video=youtube;1gaiLmQ2OdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1gaiLmQ2OdI[/video]

2u6lfmx.jpg

33eqx39.jpg
I wouldn't run snow tires on that thing either. ;)

2u6lfmx.jpg

33eqx39.jpg

That's for Arabs, not us North Americans.

5,000lbs for towing CAPACITY! So by the time you get two bikes/gear/and a trailer your maxed or over. The Honda is not a truck it's an elcomino, a daily driver car that can pick up a few pieces of plywood or some random crap that doesn't fit in your car.

Dodge ram
Great trucks.But i specifically mentioned 4 banger in the interest of fuel economy.Full size is out of the question given my budget.

+1 on the Tacoma, -1 on the cost.

I was at Heffners the other week and couldn't believe the cost of the tundra. What's the Tacoma like?
A Taco with 4x4 SR5 package and a 4 banger is under $30.Pretty reasonable imho.

I know you read my first post and my reply to your Ridgeline SUV input with edits.You know what kind of info i was asking for and yet you still posted unrelated material.This is called trolling.If you don't have anything to add to the topic,then move on to another thread.You've been warned.

If your buying Tacoma. Its good. Get the V6. But fuel economy is same as the full size trucks. I also suggest the 2013 Ram 1500 V6 with the 8speed ZF transmission. Should be less than 30K with the factory rebate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If your buying Tacoma. Its good. Get the V6. But fuel economy is same as the full size trucks. I also suggest the 2013 Ram 1500 V6 with the 8speed ZF transmission. Should be less than 30K with the factory rebate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I thought about that option.But my vertically challenged wife nixed it.She will be driving this truck now and then,so i have to compromise.

I know you read my first post and my reply to your Ridgeline SUV input with edits.You know what kind of info i was asking for and yet you still posted unrelated material.This is called trolling.If you don't have anything to add to the topic,then move on to another thread.You've been warned.

I dont appreciate your threats and incorrect assumptions.

This is an open public forum discussion. Its common for threads to move off topic, or move into another direction entirely. Others can benefit from the discussion, just as I did, they have offered their opinions on what is a better choice and why.

You can choose to put me on ignore if you don't like my comments.

Haha. I hear you. The 1500 is a big one. Anyway, good luck on your purchase. The Tacoma is one reliable truck. I'm sure it will suit your needs.

I've decided to get new wheels to haul the bikes.Pretty sure i'm going to get a Tacoma.Toyota has a great rep for reliability,so i think i'll get 4x4 SR5 in a Access Cab package.The only decision is which motor.I'm leaning towards the 4 banger for fuel economy.It works harder getting up to highway speed,but otherwise not much different than the V6.(driven both)Any input from you peeps?

Btw....my trusty 98 Chev S10 sportside (4.3l vortec,148,00km) with matched tonneau will be for sale.

A fellow I used to work with has a Tacoma, the extended cab version with a V6 engine. He uses it for family camping, towing a small camping trailer, and it seems to work well for him and his family (of four). He has said that the fuel consumption is a bit higher than he would like but that it is nowhere near V8 consumption levels. He also has a small side business building canoes and kayaks and he uses the truck to transport materials and finished boats. It is a comfortable, solid vehicle and it is very useful. Just perusing the auto trader, I see many older Tacomas for sale with insane amounts of miles on them (and equally insane prices).

He has had no mechanical or electrical problems in seven or eight years of owning the truck.

While I like the idea of the Ridgeline, I am not in any way, shape, or form a truck guy. I like cars and the Ridgeline appeals to me. My brother, who is a truck guy, had what is probably the uber truck which was an old Dodge Ram truck with a Cummins diesel, a bed big enough to land a helicopter in, and a cab big enough to hold a guide and a complete hunting party. It also had the worst handling you could imagine. No, scratch that - you can't imagine how bad the handling was. The body would twist on the frame when the brakes were applied.

When my brother sold it, reluctantly and at his wife's insistence (she hates the smell of diesel fuel), it was bought by a guide from Northern Ontario where it still probably toils away, happily transporting hunters, dead moose, and pulling the occasional stump.

For your purposes, in my inexpert opinion, the Tacoma would probably be a great truck and given that the resale values are high, buying new may be your best bet. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom