Great day watching SOAR racing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great day watching SOAR racing

Kawyman

Went to my first SOAR race to watch the bikes and I gotta say you guys are awesome, the day was super nice weather wise, everything seem to flow smoothly (in my opinion) and the racing was awesome.. There were a few mishaps but I believe everyone was ok, and sure hope no one was hurt to badly, but the track staff and Dually guy with trailer was quick at getting to the down riders and helping them off the track. Racing was entertaining and I cant wait to do my racer5 day and hopefully be out racing with SOAR soon.. Great racing and Ill be back for sure!! Spectating forsure, racing maybe one day ;)

Oh and 2 questions I had while watching, what starts you guys at the start finish line ? I didn't see a green flag or any kind of start signal cause I was too far from start/finish line ? Also on the first long straight away beside the drag strip there's like a speed wobble bump or some spot on the track that I saw loads of bouncing around and front end wobbles, what's up with that and does it really bump you around or scare the crap outta you sometimes ?

Oh and 2 questions I had while watching, what starts you guys at the start finish line ? I didn't see a green flag or any kind of start signal cause I was too far from start/finish line ? Also on the first long straight away beside the drag strip there's like a speed wobble bump or some spot on the track that I saw loads of bouncing around and front end wobbles, what's up with that and does it really bump you around or scare the crap outta you sometimes ?

On the start finish line there is a light that we watch. When the red light goes off, go!!! Lol. Yes in turn 3 it's nasty if u cut it tight(which is the best line). There's some bumpy pavement there that upsets ur suspension causing the bikes to "bounce around". The front end wobbles are prolly from accelerating too hard and trying to stand the bike up at the same time. Basically "doing a small wheelie" while the bike is leaned over. Those without steering dampeners ie. me, get it a bit worse. I was the black 718 in the second race who got a tank slapper pretty good. Glad u came out to watch.

Thanks for coming out to watch. I'm number 64, blue FZR400 in the vintage race. I rode better on Saturday than I did today ... sometimes, that's how it goes.

Improvements to the bike over the winter have made the bike much, much better than I am. The official excuse is that the bike was overgeared because a different rear tire has changed things a bit differently than expected. A request for a rear sprocket 1 tooth bigger has already been placed. Only excuse after that is me being too olde.

On the start finish line there is a light that we watch. When the red light goes off, go!!! Lol. Yes in turn 3 it's nasty if u cut it tight(which is the best line). There's some bumpy pavement there that upsets ur suspension causing the bikes to "bounce around". The front end wobbles are prolly from accelerating too hard and trying to stand the bike up at the same time. Basically "doing a small wheelie" while the bike is leaned over. Those without steering dampeners ie. me, get it a bit worse. I was the black 718 in the second race who got a tank slapper pretty good. Glad u came out to watch.

I love that turn, after turning in you can pretty much be on the throttle the whole turn. there's bumps on the outside on corner exit but if you take it a teeny bit wider you can exit closer to the center of the track and get on the gas a bit sooner.

I love that turn, after turning in you can pretty much be on the throttle the whole turn. there's bumps on the outside on corner exit but if you take it a teeny bit wider you can exit closer to the center of the track and get on the gas a bit sooner.
I had the chance to follow Aubrey Bailey through that corner during the endurance race and its amazing to see him get on the gas while his bike twitches and wobbles on the exit from that turn... amazing fast that kid

Thanks for coming out to watch . I am the nut job in the duallie :) Weekend went off ok too many crashes for my liking but no serious injuries. Wait till you see them on hot pavement the numbers drop dramatically.

Thanks for coming to spectate.....keep our sport alive.
This is exactly what this sport needs....a resurgence in spectatorship. People coming and watching, who aren't our own personal friends and family. Dig up a pic of the fans from an 1980's or 1990's Superbike race....there isn't even standing room.

We were pitted close to the entrance, and mid day Saturday, a fellow rolled up on a Ducati Monster and asked a few questions about SOAR, and if there were a school where he could learn to race. We explained the RACER5 school briefly while we chatted for a while, then he went to watch races and find Fawaz for more info on the school.

Nice to see new blood like that

Last edited:
If gb lowered the entry price that would possibly help as well. I had around a dozen people who were gonna pop by and in the end only 4 showed. The others didn't want to pay to watch for a couple hours. Sure 15 bucks isn't much to some but throw in 1-2 hrs of driving as well and.....

That was my first soar weekend, I was a little surprised how empty the place was.

If gb lowered the entry price that would possibly help as well. I had around a dozen people who were gonna pop by and in the end only 4 showed. The others didn't want to pay to watch for a couple hours. Sure 15 bucks isn't much to some but throw in 1-2 hrs of driving as well and.....

That was my first soar weekend, I was a little surprised how empty the place was.

it's 15 bucks...how low do you think it should be?

You wanna watch the races for free, and have the best seat in the house?
Ever thought of marshalling?
We racers are so lucky to have the bunch of marshals that we do, because without them, the show would stop.

Pay? I came with my family of 4 (3 riders) to watch and see if would be joining RD #2. I was surprised no one stopped us to ask for money. I even looked for someone to pay an entrance fee to. Hmmm. Seems like a got a free pass for my family of 4. Guess I better pay double next time.

Back
Top Bottom