Hayabusa owners, tell me everything there is to know | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hayabusa owners, tell me everything there is to know

Super charging is harder.

They are also fine off road bikes.
D93wYpM.jpg

Ok maybe I'm wrong.

I always read that supercharging was better for bikes because they produce more linear power and are "on" all the time while a turbo generally needs to spool up and gives a more exponential power curve. Plus the smaller engines aren't great for running the turbos due to less exhaust flow than most car engines. The combo of turbo lag and exponential power is more dangerous. But since a supercharger needs to be belt driven, a turbo is much easier to install and therefore more common. But judging from what people are saying here, I must've read wrong somewhere.

Ninja 1000 or 2nd Gen Busa

Thoughts?

I've always had sport oriented bikes, but I'm doing more touring. Had R6's, ZX6R's, Duc's, etc. Currently leaning toward a Busa but a friend said to check out the Ninja 1000.

Ninja 1000 or 2nd Gen Busa

Thoughts?

I've always had sport oriented bikes, but I'm doing more touring. Had R6's, ZX6R's, Duc's, etc. Currently leaning toward a Busa but a friend said to check out the Ninja 1000.

do some poking around here. Search Pashnit. He runs a motorcycle touring company, has set up Busa (gen 1 and Gen 2 ) to tour as weell as a recent Z1000 (close enough to your Ninja 1000) for comparison here.

lots of good info

Superchargers are linear but take up more space where as a turbo runs off exhaust,Muzzy supercharged a zrx years ago 200 hp , according to a friend of mine who has two zx14's with turbos lag is no longer an issue, but that only he gets 1000 km out of a rear tire would be an issue for me.anyhow Busa or 14 ? ride both then decide

here is my input on a touring busa. 1 inch risers and heii bars, if you need more comfort, go with LSL triple bar conversion.

My luggage set up is about 2x better then Pashnit chitty RKA soft bags, i had them when they came out. They suck. Givi smokes RKA soft bags.

Flight%20Busa.jpg

Last edited:
here is my input on a touring busa. 1 inch risers and heii bars, if you need more comfort, go with LSL triple bar conversion.

My luggage set up is about 2x better then Pashnit chitty RKA soft bags, i had them when they came out. They suck. Givi smokes RKA soft bags.

how are the bags mounted? Have you had the hard bags for some time? I have read and understand that Givi no longer makes/sells the mounts for the Hayabusa due to some early Gen 1 aluminum subframe failures?

how are the bags mounted? Have you had the hard bags for some time? I have read and understand that Givi no longer makes/sells the mounts for the Hayabusa due to some early Gen 1 aluminum subframe failures?

First trip with them, had a ventura setup before and on this trip I would have thrown them in the garbage since they are not waterproof.

I have had hard bags on every bike that i had for more then a year going back to my zx-11.

The bags are Givi keyless bags with SW motech mounts that you can buy at twisted throttle with quick release brackets so you see nothing when brackets are off...

You choose the adapter to fit different bag types, real simple. The bags go from bike to bike...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...tyle-for-givi-micatech-trax-pelican-sidecases

BB

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of people put that really fat tire on the back. What does that do to the handling? It looks like it would ruin it. I was checking this bike out because I have heard its very comfortable for long rides. None of you are saying anything bad about it, and the "pig in corners" argument is all I ever hear. Is this bike sedate enough for standard cruising around? I've always wanted one of these bikes..

(this is the tire I am referring to)
130885d1235567557-great-paint-work-indy-show-normal_44~0.jpg

I've noticed a lot of people put that really fat tire on the back. What does that do to the handling? It looks like it would ruin it. I was checking this bike out because I have heard its very comfortable for long rides. None of you are saying anything bad about it, and the "pig in corners" argument is all I ever hear. Is this bike sedate enough for standard cruising around? I've always wanted one of these bikes..

(this is the tire I am referring to)
130885d1235567557-great-paint-work-indy-show-normal_44~0.jpg

it's a lifestyle bike like that. Lowered, stretched and wide. Does nothing for the handling - but you can manage it if you're a capable rider.

I disliked the gearing overall to be honest, was very annoying riding in 2-3 all the time, but in traffic, wasn't so bad, cuz of the tall gearings.

but stock, it's more nimble than you'd think. I enjoyed owning mine even when it was stretched.

Never ridden a fat tire busa, but I understand it does impact the handling, at least cornering. it is more of a "look" thing or a drag race thing if that is what you are doing. i would argue that most are converted for looks only.

If you are mostly boulevard cruising, then its probably not that big of a deal. I cant imagine it would be a blast in the PA hills. probably not the greatest tourer in this configuration either

for distance riding a std busa is great. it is reasonably comfortable (but everyone is built differently, so your results could vary. It eats miles effortlessly. In the twisties, it isn't likely that your going to school and little R6, but it is competent enough

How accurate would you guys as owners place this guys review of the bike? I like his description. Thank you guys for the input. I really do need all the input I can get before I take the plunge into my next bike. I want to keep the bike for at least 3-4 years, so I am really digging for any insights.

[video=youtube;KbDlfMqVk2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbDlfMqVk2g[/video]

How accurate would you guys as owners place this guys review of the bike? I like his description. Thank you guys for the input. I really do need all the input I can get before I take the plunge into my next bike. I want to keep the bike for at least 3-4 years, so I am really digging for any insights.

[video=youtube;KbDlfMqVk2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbDlfMqVk2g[/video]

I've had an '09 & '13. He seems to think the Brembo brakes make a big difference. They don't.
For the most part, he's correct about power / handling. My '13 took on the highway much better than the '09. No idea why. Same 1340cc engine, but I could barely feel the '13 running 1**kph, whereas the '09 still had "anger" issues, like most Busa's do. (I mean that in a good way).
I'd suggest a taller windscreen for extended highway / long distance riding.
Not much chance you'll regret buying one.
(I'm not a fan of the extended s/a - fat tire).

Never ridden a fat tire busa, but I understand it does impact the handling, at least cornering. it is more of a "look" thing or a drag race thing if that is what you are doing. i would argue that most are converted for looks only.

If you are mostly boulevard cruising, then its probably not that big of a deal. I cant imagine it would be a blast in the PA hills. probably not the greatest tourer in this configuration either

for distance riding a std busa is great. it is reasonably comfortable (but everyone is built differently, so your results could vary. It eats miles effortlessly. In the twisties, it isn't likely that your going to school and little R6, but it is competent enough

Wide tire like that is not a drag-racing thing ... it's too heavy. And it forces the chain to be offset more, which will put more load on the transmission output shaft bearing, which is begging to start breaking stuff if you ride it hard. Not good for drag-racing. Street-bike-based classes in drag racing generally use somewhere near the stock tire size. The really serious drag bikes are using a flat-profile tire, but then they are completely unstreetable - and they're not concerned (much) about the life of the gearbox.

Wide tire like that is not a drag-racing thing ... it's too heavy. And it forces the chain to be offset more, which will put more load on the transmission output shaft bearing, which is begging to start breaking stuff if you ride it hard. Not good for drag-racing. Street-bike-based classes in drag racing generally use somewhere near the stock tire size. The really serious drag bikes are using a flat-profile tire, but then they are completely unstreetable - and they're not concerned (much) about the life of the gearbox.

yes correct re: fat tire, but the extended swing arm, yes

Back
Top Bottom