Hayabusa owners, tell me everything there is to know | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hayabusa owners, tell me everything there is to know

Busa is like a heavyweight boxer—muscular but very agile.It has a low center of gravity ,which makes it easier to conquer winding roads also makes it a urban predator.In other words ,a unique beast than can be held in leash only by the best riders.Take your time in Taming it...

Saw a dude coming off 400, green zx14 i saw him he saw me, he was coming towards me i was going in the opposide direction towards him, he decided to show me, first gear wheelie, shift to 2nd, wheelie, shift to 3rd wheelie, shift to 4th probably wheelie.

lets just say i thought i was nuts, these this are BEASTS...people who can really ride busa's and zx'14's like that JESUS CHRIST! these machines are NOT to be Faaked with, they literally are space ships on wheels. i don't care what anyone says but if you can ride a busa to its fullest, nothing on this planet can catch you, not even a plane or chopper period.

Looks like we have quite a few Busa pilot's . It will be nice if we all get together for a Meet and Ride...

Looks like we have quite a few Busa pilot's . It will be nice if we all get together for a Meet and Ride...

"Busa Bash" has been an annual event at Deal's Gap / Robbinsville, usually twice a year, but I can't find any info for the autumn bash - 2013.

edit: Fall Busa Bash is in September.

Last edited:
I've ridden on.. i am 6'6" and i was comfortable on it.. it was better than my gsxr750.. very fun bike.. handles great and power everywhere..

I've ridden one, beat the living **** out of it, wheelied it for 5kms at a time and done everything possible to try and destroy it... it's held up better than my gsxr750.. very fun bike and survived my abuse.. handles great and power everywhere..

Fixed.
And who was crazy enough to let you ride their Busa? :D

BTW - Bob. Another 750 rider has been corrupted.
You're aware that you are indirectly responsible? :p

>cue sinister music<
heh...heh...heh...welcome...

for the ones of you who own a Busa in the city, out of curiosity, how much is your insurance (ballpark), and who do you have it with? I live at Yonge and Finch, so insurance is about as bad as it'll get in terms of location

I pay a crapload of insurance right now, so I'm hoping that it won't be much more, as I'm looking in that direction in a couple of years most likely. Keep thinking about upgrading to a gixxer600 or 750 (I currently ride a post-katana 600), but I like to do 4-5 hour rides up north to just take day trips, and I don't know if my body can take it on an SS with an aggressive sitting position.

The busa sounds like a perfect mix of power (extreme power), decent handling, and comfort (I'm used to the big fairings on the katana keeping most of the wind off my body on the highway).

Any ballpark info would be great, so that I can judge if it's even reasonable for me to think about a busa!

for the ones of you who own a Busa in the city, out of curiosity, how much is your insurance (ballpark), and who do you have it with? I live at Yonge and Finch, so insurance is about as bad as it'll get in terms of location

I pay a crapload of insurance right now, so I'm hoping that it won't be much more, as I'm looking in that direction in a couple of years most likely. Keep thinking about upgrading to a gixxer600 or 750 (I currently ride a post-katana 600), but I like to do 4-5 hour rides up north to just take day trips, and I don't know if my body can take it on an SS with an aggressive sitting position.

The busa sounds like a perfect mix of power (extreme power), decent handling, and comfort (I'm used to the big fairings on the katana keeping most of the wind off my body on the highway).

Any ballpark info would be great, so that I can judge if it's even reasonable for me to think about a busa!

$1019 / yr.
Full coverage
In Hamilton.
Allstate.
Ins dropped about $200 from a gsxr 750.
No regrets.

Wow, that's very affordable. Does it count as a super sport or a sport touring? I'm surprised that it is cheaper than a gsxr750.

i was expecting it to be around 2k for insurance

awesome. maybe next year, or the year after, I'll be on a Busa then. Hopefully the wife won't know enough to say no then :p

some ins companies will consider it a SS, others a ST. Allstate laughed when I said its a ST. Rate is still bearable.

Really? My coworker went from a SV1000 to the Hyabusa and his rates went down because he went from a "sport" to a "sport tourer". When I asked him what company he's with he told me Allstate.

Too be honest, I was very disappoint in the build quality of my Busa (09 brand new). As a flagship model I expected better for the money. Poor paint quality, levers falling off etc....I had no problems with performance or ride just wish fit and finish was a bit nicer. Otherwise fantastic bike :)

All I know is it puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a ride, insurance is reasonable for what it is, $1000 per year, fairings are a pain to remove to change oil, little hard on rear tires.

I think red rock happened to get a poorly prepped bike,finnish is not as good as a zx14,comfort depends on your height,tall riders prefer the busa over the 14,the bars are a little lower on the busa,its a good long distance bike.I prefer the 14 over the busa,but if I were to cut myself I bleed green so I might be a little bias

The busa is a great bike for commuting as well as touring. My daily ride n have toured non stop for 9 hrs with no strain. Mileage is around 15.2km/l in city. Easy to maintain , lots of mods available in the market.

How did you manage to get a low rate? which part of the GTA are you?

full M, over 40, squeaky clean driving record since i started driving, multi-line discounts, and a few other discounts...

I also do not live in the city

There was a time a few years ago the rates I was seeing prohibited me from riding anything like this

Back
Top Bottom