Algonquin Off-Road Trail Ride - June 15-16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Algonquin Off-Road Trail Ride - June 15-16

Weddica

Hello!!
Just wanted to let you all know about the 2 Day Algonquin Trail Ride happening June 15-16 in Madawaska, Ontario.
Bikes must be green or blue plated and insured. Youth are welcome as well, provided they are accompanied by an adult.
Here is a link to the ride flyer http://haliburtontrailriders.ca/events/. You can email haliburtontrailriders@gmail.com or message me if you'd like more info!
This ride is great for all skill levels...newbies included!

Last edited:
Any chance they can move the weekend ride to any other weekend :) I really wanna go but I'm racing with SOAR at grand bend that weekend.. Do they have any other weekend rides up in Algonquin this year?

Sorry, it takes so many volunteers to put this event on that are already organized and ready to go...this ride has been on the same weekend for over 25 years, and we have all the Other rides and enduros to work around....hopefully you can make it out next year!
if you'd like info on where to ride up there on your own up there you can email haliburtontrailriders@gmail.com ...they should be able to help you out!

Last edited:
Is this ride suitable for a newish rider on a 640 Adventure? As in a lot of mud, water crossings, etc... A friend of mine is interested in these types of rides but I wouldn't want to toss him into anything too rough before he is ready for it.

What's the over night deal? Central camp ground ? Separate motel action?

Hey folks...sorry for the late reply!

The ride is suited for all abilities, but a 640 is waaaay too big for this ride...there is definitely some rock, mud and water...If you wanted to know about areas up there where you could take your 640, you can email them and ask, I am sure they can give you some tips.

ATV's are not included in this trail ride...though you can definitely ride the trails there on an ATV!

There are a few camping areas really close by - All Star Resort and Riverland Campground are the closest...It will probably be hard to find a cabin or motel room at this point, but it is worth it to ask, there are likely still tent sites available. There is a link on the flyer for all the nearby accommodations.

I've done this trail ride quite a few times and I wouldn't consider it suitable for a new rider, especially if they end up in the Valley of Death.

I have done this ride three years in a row, best ride of the season! The course is laid out really well with a main easy route and harder options of that which loop back to the main. I have done it on a klr650, no big deal just ride the main if you're worried. My 63 year old dad came last year on a crf230, and yes I had to help him some, but he did the whole thing without options! Just do it, you will not regret it!
Jeremy

I have done this ride three years in a row, best ride of the season! The course is laid out really well with a main easy route and harder options of that which loop back to the main. I have done it on a klr650, no big deal just ride the main if you're worried. My 63 year old dad came last year on a crf230, and yes I had to help him some, but he did the whole thing without options! Just do it, you will not regret it!
Jeremy

Thanks for the good review!! We used to do a special beginner loop, but the main loop is definitely passable by all!

Back
Top Bottom