Why did I get a ticket? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why did I get a ticket?

Brother, if what you are telling us is accurate, I would suggest you pick the "request a trial" option on the back of the ticket and then call the prosecutor after you receive your notice.

I would not hire anyone to represent you at this point. Based on the police investigation the prosecutor/crown should realize that the case against you is not a just one and hopefully the officer who charged you will get a notification of this and learn from his/her mistakes.

If the crown isn't budging, then you would want to consider hiring someone.

Again, assuming your info is accurate, Mr. Left turn's insurance should be buying you a new bike. I would start looking around for your next ride.

Get well soon.

Hey,
Yes, That's exactly what I'm doing.
Thanks for all the great help.

Quick update.

Insurance gave me 3500 for my bike and I got another 1000 coming for my helmet and wrecked gear.

Pretty quick I think, 2 weeks and my bike is paid for. hooray.

Hey Everyone, I received my notice of trial, it is in November.

I was wondering if the prosecutor would be willing to talk to me now about the unfair ticket and how do I find who the prosecutor is?

is now the time where I request Disclosure? I do this at any provincial court, correct.

Thank you.

Hey Everyone, I received my notice of trial, it is in November.

I was wondering if the prosecutor would be willing to talk to me now about the unfair ticket and how do I find who the prosecutor is?

is now the time where I request Disclosure? I do this at any provincial court, correct.

Thank you.

You request disclosure right away. If you want a relatively cheap paralegal give me a shout.

Your only option to talk to the prosecutor pre-trial would be the Early Resolution option. Unfortunately you need to wait for the trial.

Go back to the scene of the accident and take photos of the location. It will help you in describing the situation better in court and unfortunately you have opt'd for trial right off the bat. So you'll have to wait till that day. for future purposes choose option 2 early resolution first, that way you can have a meeting with the provincial prosecutor and if you don't like what he/she is offering than ask for a trial.

Go back to the scene of the accident and take photos of the location. It will help you in describing the situation better in court and unfortunately you have opt'd for trial right off the bat. So you'll have to wait till that day. for future purposes choose option 2 early resolution first, that way you can have a meeting with the provincial prosecutor and if you don't like what he/she is offering than ask for a trial.

Hey,

Well, I was advised to request trial and that's what I did.

If I had known that I could still request trial if the early resolution was not satisfactory, I would have done that.

I need to request disclosure so I will go the court and do so.

Thank you.

Hey,

Well, I was advised to request trial and that's what I did.

If I had known that I could still request trial if the early resolution was not satisfactory, I would have done that.

I need to request disclosure so I will go the court and do so.

Thank you.

It's says right on the ticket next to meet with prosecutor. Mine both said that selecting this option will still allow me to go to trial. I forget the exact wording of it.

Back
Top Bottom