Moto Gymkhana Drills | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto Gymkhana Drills

Special Advanced School has not opened yet so far.
We will not use "gymkhana" wording in our school name but it will be a part of lesson menu.

We are working those negotiation, such as location etc. We are aiming the course fee must be very competitive.

Last edited:
If someone were to get serious into gymkhana, is it better to get a smaller bike like a CBR 250??

I would imagine it would be a bit easier on a 250 since its lighter and easier to control at slower speed maneuver than a 600cc. As well, parts and repairs probably cheaper to fix with a 250 than a 600.

If someone were to get serious into gymkhana, is it better to get a smaller bike like a CBR 250??

I would imagine it would be a bit easier on a 250 since its lighter and easier to control at slower speed maneuver than a 600cc. As well, parts and repairs probably cheaper to fix with a 250 than a 600.

C'mon man, you're already thinking about crashing your bike at the course?

Winners think differently :p

Last edited:
That is true, unless you can handle the 600 like your arms and legs. There are some people raised the handle-bar on 600cc. Again, it is all up to you. I personally started from smaller size. At the Honda Rock the Red event, Honda provided caged CBR250R for the tournament.

I might be practicing for a bit at the meadowvale Go parking. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I've e been here for about an hour. I have to leave in 30 mins.

The place close to derry and Winston Churchill the intersection is Aquitaine and Millcreek.

I would definitely be into making it out to these meets.. I don't think I would ever compete, but I would love to get my bike control more refined

Good thing about going for competition is that you can see the other riders skill levels and how they control "throttle, braking, line of cornering". You will be able to find "good examples".

Dammit!! I'm in Serbia that week! :-/

It's CONFIRMED! Honda Rock the Red Gymkhana event is BACK AGAIN! Sign up EARLY if you want to get in on the action :) http://www.facebook.com/events/481972691871708

Sunday, July 28, 2013, 10:00am

miss it last year? - its offical, 2nd annual Rock the Red will take place Sunday July 28th. Featuring a Gymkhana Skills Competition, Junior Red Riders, Come Ride with Us, ATV Test Rides, Power Equipment Demo's, Vendor Alley

Where: http://goo.gl/maps/6bnP9

Keep your eyes posted on this Facebook, at the end of the week we will be recruiting riders for Gymkhana, at Honda’s second annual Rock The Red. Potential riders will be asked to submit a rider profile, with some pictures and video’s and show us why they would be great at Gymkhana. Riders that are chosen will have their profile posted on Facebook. So…..Stay tuned for more.

Keep your eyes posted on this Facebook, at the end of the week we will be recruiting riders for Gymkhana, at Honda’s second annual Rock The Red. Potential riders will be asked to submit a rider profile, with some pictures and video’s and show us why they would be great at Gymkhana. Riders that are chosen will have their profile posted on Facebook. So…..Stay tuned for more.

I think anyone on the 2012 podium should get an automatic entry to defend their position....

NEVER! How are any of us supposed to win? The top 3 from last year should be automatically excluded ;)
One of the things I suggested after last year was to have qualifying rounds in the morning, and a final in the afternoon with maybe 15 to 20 riders.
I think it would allow more people to participate, and there would be something going on all day for the spectators. So if they did that, how about the top 3 from last year don't have to qualify (keep in mind, that would mean they don't get the extra practice on the course.)?

One of the things I suggested after last year was to have qualifying rounds in the morning, and a final in the afternoon with maybe 15 to 20 riders.
Nice. Sounds like a great plan. Do the training in the gymkhana ring (no course, just the four main training obstacles), then do qualifying on those obstacles then break for lunch and setup the gymkhana course for the competition!! Then the crowd has something to watch all day (woulda been a good show for them with that guy that highsided the CBR125 in training!)

Nice. Sounds like a great plan. Do the training in the gymkhana ring (no course, just the four main training obstacles), then do qualifying on those obstacles then break for lunch and setup the gymkhana course for the competition!! Then the crowd has something to watch all day (woulda been a good show for them with that guy that highsided the CBR125 in training!)

There will be 40 to 50 riders, so Gymkhana Team members will have to work very hard, I guess.
One thing I have to mention that, hardest part is "memorizing the course map".
In order to run the event smoothly, all riders must follow rules.

There are several riders who took wrong way and disqualified, however, those riders tried to finish riding.
It is very nice to see their guts and enthusiasm, I really personally like to see those....however from organizing side, we have to run smoothly avoiding other riders to wait for their turn. It is very sad to say, tho.

Here's the Standardized basic rule of Moto-Gymkhana Competition.
Directions (you can refer this from Youtube videos)
Red Pylon: Right Turn (enter from left)
Blue Pylon: Left Turn (enter from right)
Red with Yellow: Rotation to Right (enter from left)
Blue with Yellow: Rotation to Left (enter from right)
2 Yellow Pylons: Gate - go in between pylons

Time Penalties for an each error
Plus 1 sec on your actual time (White Flag)
False start before the signal
Touching Pylon
Going out of bounds
Foot down/dab
Standing on footrests

Plus 3 seconds on your actual time (Red Flag)
Deliberate foot down (paddle / duck walking)
Not stopping in goal box (half of your front tire out of goal box)
Bike falling in goal box
Missing line in a dodge obstacle

Disqualification (White Flag + Red Flag crossing marshal's head)

Missing obstacle(s) / wrong direction
Failing to give way to a faster rider
Requiring assistance from marshal (or somebody) after fall
Deliberate destruction of obstacle (ie: kicking pylons on purpose)
Failure to obey course marshal (marshal's decision is final decision: no claim accepted)
Failing to answer call to start
Using a stand-in rider
Riding without a motorcycle helmet and other safety motorcycle riding equipments (if no motorcycle specific pants, must wear knee-guard).
Falling after staged for start but before start flag/light
Engine stall in start box after staging

Last edited:
I think it would allow more people to participate, and there would be something going on all day for the spectators. So if they did that, how about the top 3 from last year don't have to qualify (keep in mind, that would mean they don't get the extra practice on the course.)?

We are thinking to categorize the group of riders like Japan or other countries.
All registered riders can ride basically, but the maximum number of riders for an each event has to be 40 to 50.
So, it is "first come first serve basis" like other moto-gymkhana events in other countries. This is standardized.

Moto-Gymkhana N.A. will be able to help you for its supervision to make sure following the standardized rule if you open event by yourself.

Hmmm. Like watching the horses trot up and down before entering the start gate. The crowd can pick their faves based on the practice.

Back
Top Bottom